Sparta Global Reviews

Updated 8 Sep 2020

4.0
Sparta Global Group CEO David Rai  (no image)
David Rai
Pros
  • "I joined Sparta Global as I wanted to start a career in Data Engineering(in 30 reviews)

• "I would recommend Sparta to graduates looking to work in the tech industry(in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • "Sales Team lies to the candidates aboutt he interview feedback(in 15 reviews)

• "Not as much contact with the academy after finishing the training(in 12 reviews)

1. Featured Review
    COVID-19

"Really Impressed with Sparta Global, especially during this difficult time"

Current Employee - DevOps Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Sparta Global full-time

Pros

Completed my training in Feb 2020 and currently working for a large Insurance company. The training provided was top quality and the trainers were really supportive throughout my time in the London Academy. The company where I am working as a DevOps consultant is one of Sparta's larger clients so I am supported by other Spartans working in the same office. Since the current Coronavirus crisis, everyone at Sparta has been really supportive and checking in with us regularly to see that we are ok or need additional support. Thanks Sparta, especially the people team! I would recommend Sparta Global to graduates looking for a start in technology.

Cons

None so far. Continue the great work and support for Spartans!

Sparta Global Response

Sparta Global

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a kind review of your experience with Sparta Global. The COVID-19 crisis has certainly proven difficult to manage from a societal and business perspective, but our focus has always remained on our people and helping them navigate this difficult time. Practically overnight we moved to an entirely work-from-home operation and moved all training to virtual delivery, making it a priority to check in with our Spartans immediately to keep them informed of our business changes. Though our Spartans assigned to clients needed to follow their clients' plan of action, we have maintained contact throughout this crisis as we would under normal circumstances. We hope you continue to enjoy your work with our insurance client and look forward to seeing you progress further!

2. "Great company to kick start your IT career"

Current Employee - Junior DevOps Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Sparta Global full-time for less than a year

Pros

I joined Sparta at the start of the year (2020) and i have not looked back since. I hadn't come from a IT background and the company reassured me the progress i was making was going to be worth while... which it defiantly was! From beginning to end (10 weeks) Sparta provided me with multiple opportunities to learn, grow and meet so many versatile individuals. The warm and friendly environment encouraged me to grow confidently throughout the process and till this day they have continuously supported me onsite to ensure I am maximising my potential. I would like to thank; Katie Diggle (Operations and Compliance Team) for helping me to settle into the company and providing clear communication and patience with any company, client and training enquires I had, she handled them very professionally, effectively and fairly . Would also like to add that the leaving lunch she had organised was a good way to end my time training at Sparta. Filipe Paiva (Technical Academy Trainer) for providing me with the knowledge and support throughout the entire training period. He made learning fun and encouraged me to reach my fullest potential by helping me out of my comfort zone in the areas which weren't my strongest suit. He was able to give the class countless opportunities to shine through in client visits to the office. Cindy Sharman (Client Services) for offering her support with interviews and the helpful feedback she had provided which allowed me to be more open minded in client interviews. Her friendly nature made me feel comfortable and confident to approach her with any client queries I had at the time. I recommend Sparta Global to anyone who wants to start their career in IT with no prior experience as they provide you with the resources and employees to ease you into a life changing path in your career!

Cons

i do not have any cons to share

3. "Great Work enviroment"

Former Employee - Technical Consultant in Birmingham, England

I worked at Sparta Global full-time for less than a year

Pros

Wonderful manager to work and extremely understanding co workers with a fun environment to work in.

Cons

Not enough communication with higher ups

"Training is of a high standard and very current"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in London, England

I have been working at Sparta Global full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Training provided is challenging but very relevant to current opportunities - Placed with a large government client after my training was completed - Clients allow for remote working and flexibility - Free ongoing training is provided to all consultants wi - Good way to start your career

Cons

- Its a 2 year commitment - Some consultants have to relocate

"data"

Current Employee - Data Analyst in London, England

I have been working at Sparta Global full-time

Pros

good to network and gain skills

Cons

hard to find clients for you

"Good start for a career in DevOps"

Current Employee - Devops Engineer in London, England

I have been working at Sparta Global full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Excellent current training in DevOps - Lots of clients in different clients especially finance - Ongoing training - Good support from Head Office

Cons

- Starting salary could be higher but increases in year 2

"Not suited to all"

1.0
    Former Employee - Trainee Devops Engineer in Birmingham, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Sparta Global full-time for less than a year

Pros

No experience required. Easy interview process.

Cons

No support from trainers. Minimally structured and no syllabus even when asked. Working from 8 usually until 11 and weekends due to homework load. Toxic environment - negative consequences from asking for help. Advertised as made for non-tech people to get them in to the tech industry. No prior knowledge expected but 1 topic covered per week with an exam at the end - fail twice and you're out. Exam closed book - even though you'll never not be able to look things up when working! Very toxic and threatening environment leading to high levels of stress and anxiety. When this was brought up with management they simply said that everyone says the same and that's the way it is! You are, at the end of the day just a product and they want to get you earning money for them as soon as possible. If you have some prior knowledge of the area you want to work and have no other way of breaking into tech (and don't need sleep for 10 weeks) then this will work. None of the training given is not available online for free.

"Best IT Transformation Consultancy in the UK"

Current Employee - Data Visualisation Engineer in London, England

I have been working at Sparta Global full-time for more than a year

Pros

Intelligent colleagues, great pay, great support in multiple areas, amazing on-site development through work

Cons

The budget for sparta-supported growth is too low.

Continue reading

"Good route to a career in technology for new graduates"

Current Employee - Data Engineer in London, England

I have been working at Sparta Global full-time for more than a year

Pros

I joined Sparta Global as I wanted to start a career in Data Engineering. After studying Mathematics at university, data engineering and big data had always appealed to me as an interesting area of tech to start a career. I found out about Sparta from a friend who recommended the training and had started his career in data through Sparta. Having reviewed the Sparta website and youtube videos I was impressed with the companies they work with, so took the plunge an applied to Sparta. Joining Sparta has turned out to be a great decision as I am now working as a Data Engineer for a large multi-national company. I am excited about my future at Sparta Global and working on some really interesting projects on my current assignment. I would highly recommend Sparta Global to any graduates looking to get into Data Engineering but our struggling to get a break in this very competitive area. Good luck!

Cons

No cons so far, keep up the good work

Continue reading

"Chance to get into tech"

Current Employee - Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Sparta Global full-time

Pros

If you put the effort in, it's a way into the tech industry

Cons

Needs better communication with onsite consultants

Found 86 reviews