Spiceworks Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Found 130 reviews

3.7
Spiceworks CEO Jay Hallberg
Jay Hallberg
Pros
  • "When going through the interview process a lot of promises were made around the company culture, the autonomous nature of the role etc(in 15 reviews)

• "Casual dress code, approachable team members, free food(in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • "It’s a mid-size company that has experienced some growing pains over the past few years(in 12 reviews)

• "Company either can't or doesn't want to invest in developers in Austin(in 10 reviews)

1. "Great Company that rewards hard work"

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in London, England

I have been working at Spiceworks full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good company culture, encourages success and rewards you well when you hit targets.

Cons

UK office and US office sometimes isolated and more communication is sometimes needed.

Advice to Management

More comms between HQ, London and remote offices.

Spiceworks2018-02-08

"Great Company"

Current Employee - Account Executive in London, England

I have been working at Spiceworks full-time for less than a year

Pros

I've been working at Spiceworks for 10 months now and, without a doubt, the best employer I have worked for. The recruitment process was an important part in influencing my decision in joining the business. The recruiter handled me well, unlike most do in the industry, never pressured me into doing days that I couldn't attend and gave me in detailed feed back after every step. You also got to meet majority of... the senior members of the company, which doesn't happen in most intereviews, this gave me an opporunity to get an understanding of the direction of the business and really buy into it. When going through the interview process a lot of promises were made around the company culture, the autonomous nature of the role etc. It was giving it'self a lot to deliver on. But within the first 1 month of being here (London Office) it became very clear that these promises were being delivered on. The whole office is welcoming and there is a lot of an opportunity for after work social life. Our fantastic HR team are very proactive in making sure there is a sense of togetherness and culture, so they regularly organise dinners, nights out etc. Specific to the role, as a sales person I feel its important that management trust in your ability to do your job well. At Spiceworks they do just that. The product we sell is unique to the market and in comparison to our competitors, they can't come close to offering what we can. In sales this is great as it gives you a unique USP and makes your job easier. The company it'self is going in the right direction, they are hiring talented and bright individuals to help push us forward and investing more and more into us as employees. To summarise, coming to the end of my first 10 months and im already looking forward to the next 30.

Cons

Holiday is a bit under competitive but I have heard this is under review.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

Spiceworks2016-10-21

"Great place to learn, with an amazing team"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Spiceworks full-time for more than a year

Pros

*Promotes culture and working as a team *Fast paced but also great atmosphere to work in *Helps develop not only you as an employee but promotes self-learning as well *Very flexible. They want to promote autonomy and they trust their teams to do the right thing.

Cons

*Still some growing pains as the company looks to move forward.

Spiceworks2016-10-20

"Great, welcoming place to work with a really innovative attitude!"

Current Employee - Client Success Specialist

I have been working at Spiceworks full-time

Pros

Friendly, team. Vibrant office full of ideas and enthusiasm. Great social and professional atmosphere. Strong sense of career development opportunities.

Cons

EMEA is still a new office and there is still a limited benefits platform.

Advice to Management

Great recruitment process - helps to really understand the work ethic and know that it is the right place for you.

Spiceworks2016-09-09

"Varied, stimulating, good work/fun balance, lots of perks ;)"

Current Employee - Online Media Campaign Manager in London, England

I have been working at Spiceworks full-time for less than a year

Pros

Internal development team helps create software to make your job easier. Great transparency so feel like you know what's going on at all times. Good perks and lots of socialising. Fun office environment and office snacks!

Cons

Still a relatively new company so are still in the process of developing their benefits scheme.

Advice to Management

Enjoy the transparency and emphasis on autonomy

Spiceworks2015-04-10

"seriously love my job!"

Current Employee - EMEA ACCOUNT MANAGER in London, England

I have been working at Spiceworks full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fantastic growing company with a great culture. The training is second to none and you are given every opportunity to succeed. Work hard and you will get rewarded over and above your package and with the growth plans there are opportunities to progress your career and move up the ladder.

Cons

With the training and opportunities provided there is pressure to meet individual targets. the company is very target driven and there is a pressure to meet your individual targets

Advice to Management

keep doing what you are doing!

Spiceworks2014-07-30

"Culture + IT Pros first + hard work + rewards = Spiceworks"

Current Employee - Account Director, EMEA in London, England

I have been working at Spiceworks full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Fast growing IT Media Company that does things differently. Focus on values, innovative ways to service IT Pros' needs and creative when it comes to client solutions. The co-founders put emphasis on keeping the Spiceworks culture alive and not becoming your "average corporation". Very open in terms of communication, great team of talented people and a great outlook for the future.

Cons

Very high individual & team targets (in sales), so it's not for you if you don't want to work under pressure. Fast growth sometimes means structures have to be built quickly so you can't expect a 100% established workflow (I consider that a plus, some may struggle if they are used to a "this is how we've been doing it for 20 years" attitude).

Advice to Management

Just keep doing what you're doing! IT's unique.

Spiceworks2014-07-31

"Fantastic Media Sales Company to work for that is revolutionizing the way tech is bought"

Current Employee - Account Director in London, England

I have been working at Spiceworks full-time for more than a year

Pros

Values, culture and team are often words that are thrown around as being important. Here this is actually true, and is embodied by most employees. Great compensation, really good work environment, everyone is on the same vibe. Employees are well looked after. Company is definitely going places in Europe.

Cons

A business for achievers, if you are not interesting in setting your mark and are happy to be a cog then this wouldn't be for you. Results orientated business with steep targets, so you have to be motivated and very driven.

Advice to Management

Don't lose the culture it currently has as we get bigger. Keep your employees empowered and make sure there is a clear path of progression for all.

Spiceworks2014-07-30
  9. "Innovative software and IT media company, unique in the IT media space"

Current Employee - Account Director in London, England

I have been working at Spiceworks full-time for more than a year

Pros

Very collaborative, open working organisation with a great team spirit and almost unlimited backing from our HQ in Austin. Spiceworks has a unique offering within the IT media space, which is refreshing and highly sort after by IT vendors. We are all about putting the fun into IT which relates to how we work as a team also.

Cons

Challenging targets, as the company is growing at a phenomenal rate but challenging targets are part of any sales position and company.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

Spiceworks2014-07-30
  10. "Fast growing tech company with a killer culture!"

Current Employee - Management in London, England

I have been working at Spiceworks full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Spiceworks is changing the way tech marketers and IT pros interact and are revolutionizing the tools IT pros use to do their job. Getting to be a part of such a forward-thinking organization that is making such a large impact in the industry is incredibly exciting and rewarding. Fast paced, fun environment. Spiceworks is founded on the idea of passion and ownership. They relish in giving their employees... opportunities to grow, and encourage employees to bring new ideas to the table and push the envelope. At Spiceworks, employees of all levels of seniority are valued as contributing members of the team and are given the opportunity to get involved in projects that have the potential to shape the direction of the company. Above all, it's a company that cares about it's culture and it's people. I joined Spiceworks in 2011, and can still say I'm excited and happy to come into work every day.

Cons

Because it is so face paced and growth goals are high, you are expected to be proactive and take challenges head on. You are given a lot of autonomy, so having the ability to manage your time and work autonomously are a must. If you are the type of person the values an 8 to 5 job where tasks are laid out, Spiceworks might not be the best fit for you.

Advice to Management

Continue being transparent about the direction of the company and stay focused on keeping the culture that makes Spiceworks such a great place to work!

Spiceworks2014-07-28