Spiceworks Ziff Davis Reviews

Updated 4 Jun 2021

Found 149 of over 173 reviews

4.1
Spiceworks Ziff Davis President Steve Horowitz (no image)
Steve Horowitz
Pros
  • "Good company culture, encourages success and rewards you well when you hit targets(in 15 reviews)

• "Casual dress code, approachable team members, free food(in 13 reviews)

• Cons
  • "It’s a mid-size company that has experienced some growing pains over the past few years(in 12 reviews)

• "Company either can't or doesn't want to invest in developers in Austin(in 9 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Nice company to work for

16 Apr 2020 - Client Success in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good team good training when you first start

Cons

Not enough progression for most roles

Spiceworks Ziff Davis Response

Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We appreciate hearing that you value the company’s progressive ideals. We agree that it is super important for us to continue looking for ways to improve and never be complacent. We are growing quickly which presents its challenges and we are on it. Thank you!

2. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

US-Centric Organisation, Good Benedits

9 Mar 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits are good - unlimited FTO, mental and physical healthcare packages, good pension etc.

Cons

Definitely gone downhill since merger. All leadership comes from US who seem to have little interest in offices outside of the country (perhaps even outside of Austin). No clear direction for business as a whole, much less individual paths. Very invested in acquiring, then not really sure what to do after the fact.

3. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Start up

6 Jan 2020 - Client Success Specialist in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Start up feeling, Good work-life balance

Cons

Too much attention on sales positions

Spiceworks Ziff Davis Response

Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to write a thoughtful review! We appreciate hearing about your experience. We continue to work on cultivating a workplace that all of us can be proud to be a part of. We value all of our current and former employee’s feedback so we would be happy to learn more about what specifically it was that was not positive during your time here and how we can improve. We have a new CRO who is evaluating our Sales Team and the current processes. Our goal is “for all teams to work as One Team”.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Fast growing tech company with a killer culture!

28 Jul 2014 - Management in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Spiceworks is changing the way tech marketers and IT pros interact and are revolutionizing the tools IT pros use to do their job. Getting to be a part of such a forward-thinking organization that is making such a large impact in the industry is incredibly exciting and rewarding. Fast paced, fun environment. Spiceworks is founded on the idea of passion and ownership. They relish in giving their employees opportunities to grow, and encourage employees to bring new ideas to the table and push the envelope. At Spiceworks, employees of all levels of seniority are valued as contributing members of the team and are given the opportunity to get involved in projects that have the potential to shape the direction of the company. Above all, it's a company that cares about it's culture and it's people. I joined Spiceworks in 2011, and can still say I'm excited and happy to come into work every day.

Cons

Because it is so face paced and growth goals are high, you are expected to be proactive and take challenges head on. You are given a lot of autonomy, so having the ability to manage your time and work autonomously are a must. If you are the type of person the values an 8 to 5 job where tasks are laid out, Spiceworks might not be the best fit for you.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Culture + IT Pros first + hard work + rewards = Spiceworks

31 Jul 2014 - Account Director, EMEA in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fast growing IT Media Company that does things differently. Focus on values, innovative ways to service IT Pros' needs and creative when it comes to client solutions. The co-founders put emphasis on keeping the Spiceworks culture alive and not becoming your "average corporation". Very open in terms of communication, great team of talented people and a great outlook for the future.

Cons

Very high individual & team targets (in sales), so it's not for you if you don't want to work under pressure. Fast growth sometimes means structures have to be built quickly so you can't expect a 100% established workflow (I consider that a plus, some may struggle if they are used to a "this is how we've been doing it for 20 years" attitude).

1 person found this review helpful
    6. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Very dynamic work place, a lot of focus on the culture

25 Jul 2014 - Online Media Campaign Manager in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

In Spiceworks they put a lot of effort in maintaining their "human" fun culture. Evem as they are growing and leaving behind the startup scene, they put a lot of efforts in keep the whole company connected and a fun place. Here you are a name, not a number. In the first month I worked here, I was already given real responsibility, talked with clients, had in-person training with everyone in the HQ, talked several times with the CEO. I felt my opinions were listened and valued. Perhaps what I do love the most is that they truly want to help you in your career. If you want to get involved in new projects, vary your workload, switch to a different department. They are always open for discussion. And you get spoiled with freebies and food :)

Cons

I am working from the London office, so the team is small. We have to adjust to small daily issues: lack of meeting rooms, no IT guys, relying on the HQ for setting up a software or hardware.

1 person found this review helpful
    7. 5.0

Great Company

21 Oct 2016 - Account Executive in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

I've been working at Spiceworks for 10 months now and, without a doubt, the best employer I have worked for. The recruitment process was an important part in influencing my decision in joining the business. The recruiter handled me well, unlike most do in the industry, never pressured me into doing days that I couldn't attend and gave me in detailed feed back after every step. You also got to meet majority of the senior members of the company, which doesn't happen in most intereviews, this gave me an opporunity to get an understanding of the direction of the business and really buy into it. When going through the interview process a lot of promises were made around the company culture, the autonomous nature of the role etc. It was giving it'self a lot to deliver on. But within the first 1 month of being here (London Office) it became very clear that these promises were being delivered on. The whole office is welcoming and there is a lot of an opportunity for after work social life. Our fantastic HR team are very proactive in making sure there is a sense of togetherness and culture, so they regularly organise dinners, nights out etc. Specific to the role, as a sales person I feel its important that management trust in your ability to do your job well. At Spiceworks they do just that. The product we sell is unique to the market and in comparison to our competitors, they can't come close to offering what we can. In sales this is great as it gives you a unique USP and makes your job easier. The company it'self is going in the right direction, they are hiring talented and bright individuals to help push us forward and investing more and more into us as employees. To summarise, coming to the end of my first 10 months and im already looking forward to the next 30.

Cons

Holiday is a bit under competitive but I have heard this is under review.

2 people found this review helpful
    8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Innovative software and IT media company, unique in the IT media space

30 Jul 2014 - Account Director in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very collaborative, open working organisation with a great team spirit and almost unlimited backing from our HQ in Austin. Spiceworks has a unique offering within the IT media space, which is refreshing and highly sort after by IT vendors. We are all about putting the fun into IT which relates to how we work as a team also.

Cons

Challenging targets, as the company is growing at a phenomenal rate but challenging targets are part of any sales position and company.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

seriously love my job!

30 Jul 2014 - EMEA ACCOUNT MANAGER in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fantastic growing company with a great culture. The training is second to none and you are given every opportunity to succeed. Work hard and you will get rewarded over and above your package and with the growth plans there are opportunities to progress your career and move up the ladder.

Cons

With the training and opportunities provided there is pressure to meet individual targets. the company is very target driven and there is a pressure to meet your individual targets

2 people found this review helpful
    10. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Refreshing media & tech company... successful, growing, start up vibe!

24 Jul 2014 - Anonymous Employee in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- A really fun, collaborative workplace culture - Great to work with product that is genuinely loved by the users (IT pro's)! - Peak growth time - Everyone across the company really cares about what they do, it's a real family feel! Veryy refreshing!

Cons

None so far! It's growing at a phenomenal rate and it's great to be apart of the ride.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 149 Reviews