Spiceworks Ziff Davis Reviews

Updated Sep 22, 2021

Found 159 of over 183 reviews

4.2
Spiceworks Ziff Davis President Steve Horowitz (no image)
Steve Horowitz
Pros
  • "Good company culture, encourages success and rewards you well when you hit targets(in 15 reviews)

• "Casual dress code, approachable team members, free food(in 13 reviews)

• Cons
  • "It’s a mid-size company that has experienced some growing pains over the past few years(in 12 reviews)

• "Company either can't or doesn't want to invest in developers in Austin(in 9 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Nice company to work for

Apr 16, 2020 - Client Success in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good team good training when you first start

Cons

Not enough progression for most roles

Spiceworks Ziff Davis Response

Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We appreciate hearing that you value the company’s progressive ideals. We agree that it is super important for us to continue looking for ways to improve and never be complacent. We are growing quickly which presents its challenges and we are on it. Thank you!

2. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

US-Centric Organisation, Good Benedits

Mar 9, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits are good - unlimited FTO, mental and physical healthcare packages, good pension etc.

Cons

Definitely gone downhill since merger. All leadership comes from US who seem to have little interest in offices outside of the country (perhaps even outside of Austin). No clear direction for business as a whole, much less individual paths. Very invested in acquiring, then not really sure what to do after the fact.

3. The latest conversations about Tech

183 Comments

Tech

36.4K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.uk&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-integrated-Reviews&utm_term=Spiceworks Ziff Davis~324872
      Join the conversation on
    4. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Start up

Jan 6, 2020 - Client Success Specialist in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Start up feeling, Good work-life balance

Cons

Too much attention on sales positions

Spiceworks Ziff Davis Response

Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to write a thoughtful review! We appreciate hearing about your experience. We continue to work on cultivating a workplace that all of us can be proud to be a part of. We value all of our current and former employee’s feedback so we would be happy to learn more about what specifically it was that was not positive during your time here and how we can improve. We have a new CRO who is evaluating our Sales Team and the current processes. Our goal is “for all teams to work as One Team”.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Company that rewards hard work

Feb 8, 2018 - Senior Account Executive in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good company culture, encourages success and rewards you well when you hit targets.

Cons

UK office and US office sometimes isolated and more communication is sometimes needed.

6. 5.0

Great Company

Oct 21, 2016 - Account Executive in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

I've been working at Spiceworks for 10 months now and, without a doubt, the best employer I have worked for. The recruitment process was an important part in influencing my decision in joining the business. The recruiter handled me well, unlike most do in the industry, never pressured me into doing days that I couldn't attend and gave me in detailed feed back after every step. You also got to meet majority of the senior members of the company, which doesn't happen in most intereviews, this gave me an opporunity to get an understanding of the direction of the business and really buy into it. When going through the interview process a lot of promises were made around the company culture, the autonomous nature of the role etc. It was giving it'self a lot to deliver on. But within the first 1 month of being here (London Office) it became very clear that these promises were being delivered on. The whole office is welcoming and there is a lot of an opportunity for after work social life. Our fantastic HR team are very proactive in making sure there is a sense of togetherness and culture, so they regularly organise dinners, nights out etc. Specific to the role, as a sales person I feel its important that management trust in your ability to do your job well. At Spiceworks they do just that. The product we sell is unique to the market and in comparison to our competitors, they can't come close to offering what we can. In sales this is great as it gives you a unique USP and makes your job easier. The company it'self is going in the right direction, they are hiring talented and bright individuals to help push us forward and investing more and more into us as employees. To summarise, coming to the end of my first 10 months and im already looking forward to the next 30.

Cons

Holiday is a bit under competitive but I have heard this is under review.

2 people found this review helpful
    7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to learn, with an amazing team

Oct 20, 2016 - Anonymous Employee in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

*Promotes culture and working as a team *Fast paced but also great atmosphere to work in *Helps develop not only you as an employee but promotes self-learning as well *Very flexible. They want to promote autonomy and they trust their teams to do the right thing.

Cons

*Still some growing pains as the company looks to move forward.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great, welcoming place to work with a really innovative attitude!

Sep 9, 2016 - Client Success Specialist
      Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly, team. Vibrant office full of ideas and enthusiasm. Great social and professional atmosphere. Strong sense of career development opportunities.

Cons

EMEA is still a new office and there is still a limited benefits platform.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Varied, stimulating, good work/fun balance, lots of perks ;)

Apr 10, 2015 - Online Media Campaign Manager in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Internal development team helps create software to make your job easier. Great transparency so feel like you know what's going on at all times. Good perks and lots of socialising. Fun office environment and office snacks!

Cons

Still a relatively new company so are still in the process of developing their benefits scheme.

10. 5.0

seriously love my job!

Jul 30, 2014 - EMEA ACCOUNT MANAGER in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fantastic growing company with a great culture. The training is second to none and you are given every opportunity to succeed. Work hard and you will get rewarded over and above your package and with the growth plans there are opportunities to progress your career and move up the ladder.

Cons

With the training and opportunities provided there is pressure to meet individual targets. the company is very target driven and there is a pressure to meet your individual targets

2 people found this review helpful
    11. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Culture + IT Pros first + hard work + rewards = Spiceworks

Jul 31, 2014 - Account Director, EMEA in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fast growing IT Media Company that does things differently. Focus on values, innovative ways to service IT Pros' needs and creative when it comes to client solutions. The co-founders put emphasis on keeping the Spiceworks culture alive and not becoming your "average corporation". Very open in terms of communication, great team of talented people and a great outlook for the future.

Cons

Very high individual & team targets (in sales), so it's not for you if you don't want to work under pressure. Fast growth sometimes means structures have to be built quickly so you can't expect a 100% established workflow (I consider that a plus, some may struggle if they are used to a "this is how we've been doing it for 20 years" attitude).

Viewing 1 - 10 of 159 Reviews