Spirit Airlines Reviews

Found 687 of over 733 reviews

3.8
Spirit Airlines President and CEO Ted Christie
Ted Christie
Pros
  • "Quality of life, flight benefits(in 58 reviews)

• "The health benefits & travel benefits are amazing and can’t be beat(in 41 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Low pay compared to other airlines(in 22 reviews)

• "Cheap tickets mean cheap passengers(in 21 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Featured Review

Outstanding management that cares about its people profoundly.

Oct 29, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

The leadership at spirit is some of the best I have ever experienced or heard about. I have mostly interacted with leadership in the training department to be more specific. I know, without a doubt, our skillset as instructors is valued highly by our leadership. These are the kind of bosses that make you WANT to work effectively and efficiently. They supplement professional development and set you up for success. Spirit often talks about making customers into 'super fans' but the real secret is that they care for us so much, that we become 'super fans' and this leads to a great service/product for the customer. They invest in their people heavily. Also communication from execs to the lowest level and everywhere in-between, is great!

Cons

Airline job security. The industry fluctuates but you will find this at ANY airline. However, at spirit, this is much less of a worry.

10 people found this review helpful

Spirit Airlines Response

Human Resources

Thank you for the great review, Spirit SuperFan! You are right that we are committed to creating great experiences for both our Team Members and our Guests, and we are happy to hear that you are enjoying your journey with us. Together we will deliver the best value in the sky and be the most successful airline on Earth!

2. 5.0
      Former Employee

Wonderful place to work

Mar 29, 2021 - Specialist
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great support team and airline family

Cons

None that I can honestly think of- a brilliant place to work!

Spirit Airlines Response

Human Resources

Thank you for your review. We pride ourselves on making Spirit a great place to work and we are happy to hear that you enjoyed your journey with us.

3. 3.0

Flight Attendant

Sep 4, 2018 - Flight Attendant
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Travel benefits -Health insurance -Work/life balance -Reserve life is MUCH shorter than other airlines -Workload and job is incredibly easy, generally speaking

Cons

-Management is constantly looking for loopholes in the poorly written contract in order to shortchange us. -Crew Scheduling is ALWAYS purposely breaking the contract--"Fly it and grieve it" -Reputation isn't the best -Company is always miscalculating your pay, so self-audits are almost a must every single month. -It's like ripping teeth out just to get ANY management to respond to emails. Have a question for HR? Good luck. They'll respond in about two months, or not at all.

4. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Your going to be broke for a few years

Oct 25, 2021 - Flight Attendant in Las Vegas, NV
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flight Benefits, Medical, dental, vision, 401(k) Will match up to 6%. When you have a line, your work / life balance is significantly better and to be honest that's why people stay here. You will be able to choose where and when you want to fly. For example, you will not want to be flying to Atlanta on Spirit.

Cons

If you have to commute, it is really hard to make any money. The company likes to take advantage of the reserves (on call) flight attendants. We are currently in contract negotiations. It's not a great time for the company until we have signed a new contract, due to the violations the company is actively violating. The union is weak when trying to fight a contract violation. Since the pandemic, the customers have been very mean - this includes violent people. It can get scary sometimes. The gate agents don't stay around - they are hired by a third party company, so they are not always properly trained on how to handle all the situations.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee

x

Oct 23, 2021 - Bilingual Flight Attendant in Las Vegas, NV
      Business Outlook

Pros

flexible hours, great pay, constant travelling

Cons

long work hours, time difference obstructs circadian rhythm

6. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Decent Company

Oct 23, 2021 - Flight Attendant
      Business Outlook

Pros

Easy job being a FA with Spirit. Most of the times flights go as planned. Company is usually responsive to employees need in general. Pretty good company cultural with most people being happy with their job.

Cons

Being on reserve is tough at Spirit, especially right now. Lots of contract violations when it comes to scheduling. Hopefully, with the new contract we will get paid more and have a better quality of life.

7. 4.0

Great

Oct 23, 2021 - Flight Attendant
      Business Outlook

Pros

Decent Pay Open door policy in management Union does a great job of protecting the flight attendants Fun work environment

Cons

Long hours Operational Challenges Work/Life balance

8. 4.0
      Current Employee

Flight attendant

Oct 18, 2021 - Flight Attendant in Atlanta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

A great job to those who love to travel.

Cons

Training is unpaid and is about 6 weeks long.

9. 5.0
      Former Employee

Agent

Oct 15, 2021 - Guest Service Agent
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good Hours Fun Environment Amazing Coworkers

Cons

Little Pay Sometimes Long Hours Can Get Hectic

10. 4.0

Flight Attendant

Oct 15, 2021 - Flight Attendant in Orlando, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

They do try their best to take care of us, and the medical benefits are pretty good.

Cons

Not the best communication within the company.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 687 Reviews