Sport Clips Reviews

Found 1,544 of over 2K reviews

3.9
Sport Clips CEO and President Edward Logan
Edward Logan
Pros
  • "Teaching new stylist how to care about what you do(in 113 reviews)

• "Fast pace environment great company great pay ability to move up(in 92 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Turn around with stylist that stay longer than 1 year do to competitive salons(in 130 reviews)

• "Hard on your your back and shoulders sometimes cuz you’re doing so many haircuts(in 50 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Featured Review

A company with heart

7 Apr 2021 - Stylist in Buford, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Competitive salary, great tips, continuing education

Cons

Scheduling can be tough when short handed

Talent and Engagement Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience! Agreed, scheduling can be tough when you are short handed. Please know that your hard work is appreciated!

2. 2.0
      Current Employee

Overworked and taken advantage of!

9 May 2021 - Hairstylist/Manager in Westfield, IN
      Business Outlook

Pros

I love what I actually do. Talk to all different people. Base pay is great 😊

Cons

Everyone is short staffed right now, I get it... but what I don’t get it that EVERY other store struggling as BAD as I am has not only shortened hours but closes one day a week. I want the same treatment. I was even the ONLY location opened in my area during a bad snow storm! Nobody said anything just made me and one other girl feel that we HAD to open- then as the day goes along and we are slammed, we find out we are the only dummies that opened up that day. The commission/ bonus’s are based on goals; anytime you get close to the store bonusing even for one week- they up the goal and/ or change the pay plan... making it knowingly impossible for our store to bonus. I hire people- promise them their sign on bonus or whatever and then they never receive so I struggle keeping girls much pass their 90 days bc of it! Then I’m stuck working all alone open to close everyday. If they don’t like you or who you want to promote in your store they will make up some list of things that have to happen or be completed before being given each 25 cent part of the 50 cents to a dollar hour given for the raise.

Talent and Engagement Specialist

Thank you for your feedback and for all of your hard work! It sounds like there is a communication gap and a need to feel appreciated. I am sharing this information immediately. Again, thank you for your commitment and all of your hard work! Hang in there! We appreciate you!

3. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good Overall

16 Jun 2021 - Salon Manager in Los Angeles, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Constant Education, good opportunity for growth within the company, fun opportunities, great trainers

Cons

Not all store owners pay fairly, the core of the company is not honored by all of the store owners. If the store is slow the team leaders (owners) often find ways to try to blame the staff even if it has nothing to do with them. Goals can be almost impossible to achieve.

Talent and Engagement Specialist

Thank you for your time at Sport Clips and for your review. The Support Team provides best practices for all franchisees to use. Store owners have the right to implement their own compensation and benefits plans. I will share this with the appropriate party. I wish you the best and thank you for your hard work! Again, your feedback is valued and appreciated.

4. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Not worth it.

8 Jun 2021 - Stylist
      Business Outlook

Pros

Literally the only good things about this place are the customers and the tips.

Cons

Most negative place I've ever worked in . The stores are run by a tyrant. Each store is held to a different ridiculous standard. I was bullied into quitting by said tyrant. Worked for 7 months, going in early, leaving late, going above and beyond my job description. Only to be told that I must not have qualified for health insurance because I didn't meet my hour requirements, which I was told are only given if you're metrics are up. I did in fact qualify, then was screamed at by the tyrant who demanded I apologize for getting upset about being lied to. I watched a good employee get her hours cut literally because the tyrant had some sort of personal vendetta against her. Managers are utterly miserable, and every single employee in my store was desperately searching for another job because they are extremely unhappy working for this company and the tyrant.

Talent and Engagement Specialist

Thank you for your time at Sport Clips. I am so sorry to hear about your experience and would like to know which area you worked in. Please email me at contact.us@sportclips.com so I can share this information. I wish you the best!

5. 4.0

It's an experience!

9 Jun 2021 - Hair Stylist
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fast paced, good benefits, comfortable work clothes, good tips, education classes

Cons

Hard to get a raise, you get 1 break, management plays favorites, management holds you back from advancement, hours are not flexible, you work every weekend, stylist wait on people only signed in for them and make others work harder, new stylist are only allowed to ask certain stylist for help, things change and staff is not told,

1 person found this review helpful

Talent and Engagement Specialist

I appreciate your feedback. I am curious to know what location you work at. We do have Technical Skills Specialists(TSS) in most locations to assist with technical questions, however you should be able to approach any team member for support. You are correct. We are a team ! My apologies for your experience. Please contact me at contact.us@sportclips.com (subj line: glassdoor) so I can get this information to the correct person.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Sport Clips

6 May 2021 - Manager in Mesa, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing amazing company to work for! I feel so blessed to work for such amazing owners ( Jared&Val) I LOVE my job, I’m excited to Come to work and have such an awesome clientele. Also love that there is so much room for growth with in the company. They have so many locations so I don’t have to drive far from home when getting promoted or even when I first started they put me at a location that was so close to home and so convenient to goto work. I want to thank our owners for raising the bar compared to other companies I’ve worked for. I will for sure be a life long employee of sport clips and that’s because of Jared and Val and all the time and effort they put into each one of their employees.

Cons

I personally can think of any Cons working for this company.

Talent and Engagement Specialist

Thank you for sharing your experience and advice! There are opportunities for growth in most markets. Make sure you let your manager, store owner and or coach know what your goals are so they can help you!

7. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Interview the owner of the Francise

15 Jun 2021 - Barber in Los Angeles, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Sport Clips is a good company to work for! I worked at barber shops and this franchise and I have to say, I was impressed. The company is a great company and I know some people that has worked at different franchises; they said this is the best one to work for. As a female, I became a barber because I didn't want to work with females, and now I want to take that back. The women I worked with were all sweet hearts! Sport Clips values is awesome and the culture is amazing! I would say get hired and see which franchise owner is the best to work for.

Cons

Now, I have seen reviews about people that they work with was the problem. As we know there will be normal drama no matter where you work. You have two options to make, steep to their level or take the high road. If you continue to be cordial with everyone and have a good attitude people will notice and realize who the real problem is. So that being said, I gave Sport Clips a 3 star because they really need to monitor who owns the franchises. I could actually sue the owners for something that has effected me and my family. I am not the only person that had that kind of problem. Instead of filing a lawsuit, I "transferred" to another store with a different owner. I regretted doing that, the new owner was worst than the other. They had brought in religion and they believe that women is scum and should be treated as such. Okay, now the compensation, benefits, and work/life balance is controlled by the franchise owner.

Talent and Engagement Specialist

Thank you for your review. Please forward any additional feedback to me at contact.us@sportclips.com (sub line: glassdoor). I will ensure that it is directed to the appropriate person. I am sorry to hear about your experience and wish you the best.

8. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

it's just great clips

22 May 2021 - Sales Associate - Stylist in Avon, OH
      Business Outlook

Pros

the price is higher so tips average higher but the pay does not and the commissions are extremity inconsistent due to shop inconsistencies and other responsibilities required around commissions.

Cons

terrible structure of commissions, incentivized against quality service and instead upselling and lying is the most important skill taught. it's fine for part time work around other career paths but it's definitely not something to depend on as a career path anymore unfortunately. i recommend checking out other barbershops with less of a cheesy corporate vibe with more control over your commissions and pay. the entire experience of employment was tip toeing around the owners constant changes to pay and demand that they will not give raises and instead make more unobtainable commissions saying "just work harder". with less than a day notice with changes. on top of changing insurance (that doesn't cover much as is) constantly. the inconsistency just became too much for a family who depends on money.

1 person found this review helpful

Talent and Engagement Specialist

Thank you for your review. I've share this with the appropriate party.

9. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Worst place to work

14 Jun 2021 - Hair Stylist
      Business Outlook

Pros

None at all it was truly awful

Cons

The owner Amanda is very mean told me I was a big baby when she came in to talk to me as to why I was not wearing a face full of makeup. No set schedule so you can’t plan anything. Gave everyone a raise even the girls that had only been there 2 weeks because the the main guy that runs the company changed it so that the franchise owners can’t pay the bare minimum. Sucks that these places only pay$10 when you literally have schooling and experience and a trade that takes years to masters.

10. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Stylist

15 Jun 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good tips, Fast paced, Good teamwork

Cons

Had to pay for my own uniform

Talent and Engagement Specialist

Thank you for your feedback and time at Sport Clips! Each location handles uniforms differently due to ownership and state laws.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,544 Reviews