St. James's Place Wealth Management Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 4 Nov 2019

3.6
St. James's Place Wealth Management CEO Andrew Croft
Andrew Croft
Pros
  • "Furthermore, for the short duration of my time at SJP the work life balance was great(in 10 reviews)

• "Brilliant culture and work environment(in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • "Lack of governance around 3rd parties who walk all over SJP(in 9 reviews)

• "Outdated IT system in head office(in 7 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Operations in Cirencester, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at St. James's Place Wealth Management full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great people to work with, everyone is very friendly. Pretty open to new ideas and new ways of working. Work/life balance is good.

Cons

Parking isn't great. Some of the internal systems are a bit old. Seem to outsource a lot of services that could be done in house; having more control and saving money.

St. James's Place Wealth Management2019-06-28
  2. "Best company I’ve ever worked for"

Current Employee - Coordinator in Cirencester, England

I have been working at St. James's Place Wealth Management full-time for more than a year

Pros

Lovely people to work with including management. Always valued and receive good feedback on performance . Highly professional. Good work and life balance. Always putting on work/ party events for the team and the conference at the o2 is amazing.

Cons

I don’t really have any

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing!

St. James's Place Wealth Management2019-11-04
  3. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Financial Consultant in Aberdeen, Scotland

I have been working at St. James's Place Wealth Management full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great products and systems in place. Amazing culture has been developed at this company.

Cons

Constantly receive bad press from Sunday Times, a lot of which is false.

St. James's Place Wealth Management2019-10-16
  4. "Fantastic Company"

Current Employee - Partner in London, England

Pros

Fantastic opportunity to build up your own business

Cons

No cons that I can think of.

St. James's Place Wealth Management2019-10-10
  5. "Self employed PA at Morrinson Wealth Management"

Current Employee - Personal Assistant - Self Employed in London, England

I have been working at St. James's Place Wealth Management full-time

Pros

I have a job and people are nice

Cons

Awful pay for my experience, treated as employed

Advice to Management

Look after the team that help your highest performers. Without us, they wouldn’t make the money and you’d be struggling.

St. James's Place Wealth Management2019-10-13
  6. "Not great"

Current Employee - Administrative in London, England

Pros

None it's awful no hope

Cons

Everything is bad end of

Advice to Management

Get help you're a mess

St. James's Place Wealth Management2019-09-18

"Fantastic at getting you through the door, terrible when you're in."

Former Employee - Partner in Manchester, England

I worked at St. James's Place Wealth Management full-time

Pros

Training workshops are brilliant. Systems and processes are good and the business has a fairly good reputation in the market place. SJP certainly looks and feels the part.

Cons

Before you're in, you're promised that SJP is everything you could hope for with endless support, good earnings potential and innovative thinking. When you're in, you're just another number, barely contacted by your so called manager and you have no idea whether what you're doing is right or wrong. If you read other partner reviews, most elude to broken promises. Support is very much aimed at the people who have... been in SJP for long periods and have larger clients banks (who don't want the support) and new people are ignored and told to 'sponsor bowls clubs'. Really underwhelming .

Advice to Management

Be honest. SJP isn't right for everyone and frankly has too many partners to manage.

St. James's Place Wealth Management2019-08-23

"Misleading"

Former Employee - Financial Advisor in London, England

I worked at St. James's Place Wealth Management full-time for more than a year

Pros

Really good exam support and workshops. Some of the people are really nice.

Cons

Self employed, told you will make lots of money. Lots of promises that don't materialise. If you want to do it make sure you have lots in savings as it could take up to five years to make a decent living. Awful computer systems and unqualified Paraplanners.

Advice to Management

Living in the past!

St. James's Place Wealth Management2019-08-20

"Good company, unlimited earnings (potential) poor admin & support processes."

Current Employee - Wealth Manager in Leeds, England
    No Opinion of CEO

Pros

Huge amount of knowledge, infrastructure and e-learning to increase your client facing knowledge, prestige firm, unlimited earning potential if you have the right network to support it. Pays to be self reliant and highly motivated.

Cons

Poor support in the early stages. The mentor system is a joke - most senior advisors volunteer to do this because they receive a £4000 bonus if the junior advisor meets year 1 target, but the actual mentoring is non-existent. I was largely left to fend for myself and learn an FCA accredited role completely on my own via trial and error. Admin is a farce - you will use hundreds and hundreds of pounds of printer ink... in this job, no exaggeration.

Advice to Management

Would be nice if management would cascade new advice enquiries to your junior wealth managers and offer orphan clients to new advisors rather than focusing on new advisors tapping into their friends and family network to becoming wealth clients. SJP are very eager to stress the importance of your network but offer zero by way of qualified lead support. This places untold stress on new advisors and forces them into... often uncomfortable discussions with their family and friends when business gets a bit quiet. This is a fundamental weakness in the process - the new academy partners aren't trained in areas such as network marketing and BNI, and this makes most new partners weaker as their network will eventually dry up leaving them with poor prospects for growth. My understanding is SJP management dish new enquiries out to their "preferred" advisors - again this is a missed opportunity, and the lack of focus on digital marketing - website optimisation, social media, is archaic and shows a lack of progressive thinking.

St. James's Place Wealth Management2019-04-11
  10. "Good place to work."

Current Employee - Actuarial Student in Cheltenham, England

I have been working at St. James's Place Wealth Management full-time

Pros

Nice being outside of London.

Cons

Below market renumeration compared to market.

St. James's Place Wealth Management2019-03-13