St. James's Place Wealth Management Employee Reviews about "head office"

Updated 17 Sep 2019

4.4
St. James's Place Wealth Management Chief Executive Andrew Croft
Andrew Croft
Pros
  • "One thing I was particularly impressed by was the company's emphasis on a work-life balance(in 11 reviews)

• "I worked at SJP for 3 years and was always made to feel very welcome(in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • "these are not reflective of work at SJP only, but rather industry wide(in 11 reviews)

• "Outdated IT system in head office(in 7 reviews)

Reviews about "head office"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Great place to work"

Former Intern - Intern in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at St. James's Place Wealth Management for less than a year

Pros

Welcoming and open culture where the desire to improve the individual is at the fore. Moreover, everyone always has the time for you no matter where they sit within the company. In addition to this, the employees are driven and inspiring. Furthermore, for the short duration of my time at SJP the work life balance was great. Also, there is a great sense of interconnectedness of the business where many departments are interdependent. This is good as I was exposed to many different people and areas of SJP.

Cons

The location of the head office.

"A mixed bag"

2.0
    Current Employee - Manager in Cirencester, England

I have been working at St. James's Place Wealth Management full-time for more than a year

Pros

Dynamic organisation, still growing rapidly so lots of opportunities. Posh Christmas Parties and Company events, if that's your thing!

Cons

Outdated culture with little understanding of equality and diversity. 20+ years behind most other FTSE 100 companies in this respect. Inflexible working arrangements make it hard for anyone with childcare/caring responsibilities to get on in the company. Chronic under investment in Head Office IT systems and Head Office staff in general, who are less valued than those in the field. Poor wages in comparison with other financial services companies. Literally the worst HR Department you will see anywhere.

Continue reading

3. "Paraplanner"

4.0
    Current Employee - Paraplanner in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at St. James's Place Wealth Management full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great community and flexible working hours

Cons

Weak support from head office, back office admin

4. "Fantastic place to work"

Former Employee - Financial Promotions Officer in Cirencester, England

I worked at St. James's Place Wealth Management full-time for more than a year

Pros

Brilliant culture and work environment

Cons

Progression is a little slow in head office as it is based in a small town so not much movement.

"Adviser"

Current Employee - Adviser in London, England

I have been working at St. James's Place Wealth Management full-time for less than a year

Pros

Fantastic brand and support network. Very strong transition support. Strong investment management approach. Good reputation within financial industry. Ambitious company.

Cons

Very corporate at times, at times the company can feel a but fragmented with all of head office based in Cirencester.

Continue reading

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 5 reviews