St. James's Place Wealth Management Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Aug 20, 2020

Found 10 of over 312 reviews

4.0
St. James's Place Wealth Management Chief Executive Andrew Croft
Andrew Croft
Pros
  • "One thing I was particularly impressed by was the company's emphasis on a work-life balance(in 12 reviews)

• "I worked at SJP for 3 years and was always made to feel very welcome(in 11 reviews)

• Cons
  • "these are not reflective of work at SJP only, but rather industry wide(in 11 reviews)

• "The location of the head office(in 8 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great company, amazing benefits, fantastic culture

May 18, 2020 - Administrative in Cirencester, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Welcoming culture, everyone happy to help - Real focus on development and career progression - Work life balance - Excellent benefits

Cons

- nothing, an overall great company to work for

1 person found this review helpful

Recruitment Manager

Thank you for leaving a great review!

2. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Ok but difficult admin centre

Aug 20, 2020 - Paraplanner in Leeds, South East England, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Community based Progression available if proven self

Cons

Admin centres are poor Causing delays Poor work life balance

3. The latest conversations about Finance

Former Employee, more than 3 years

Special Culture and Brilliant People

Jul 6, 2020 - Data Analyst in Cirencester, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

I worked at SJP for 3 years and was always made to feel very welcome. The team I worked in felt like a family and they were always willing to help each other out. The work-life balance was really good, certainly from my own experience anyway. My manager was happy for me to flex my hours to fit in appointments - which I greatly appreciated - and I very rarely had to stay late and never worked a weekend. This might vary between departments, but the company overall regularly encouraged a good work-life balance. The Charitable Foundation blows other companies out of the water. The amount of employees that give their time and money to help people less fortunate than themselves is a really core part of the company culture. Managers and Senior directors are all very supportive and encourage Foundation events. The pension is absolutely fantastic, the annual bonus is pretty generous too (although is partly determined by whether the company hits their targets for the year)

Cons

The only major downside for me was the job itself. I found the work frustrating and repetitive. A major downside that didn't affect me was the lack of car parking in Cirencester. Thankfully I walked to work, but if you don't live in the town there's no way of getting there on public transport and you have to arrive before 8am to get a parking space.

Recruitment Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are proud of our culture and we are pleased your experience has been so positive. In terms of your constructive feedback we will pass that on to the team and see what we can do for the future.

5. 4.0
      Former Intern, less than 1 year

Nice company with talented teams and collaborative culture.

Feb 23, 2020 - Analyst in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Small friendly teams with relaxed work style and good work/life balance.

Cons

A slower pace of work and some bad press.

6. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Old Fashioned Culture

Dec 7, 2019 - Paraplanner in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

There is very technical support provided and training workshops and exam materials are very good. The people are generally helpful and nice. Work/life balance was good. Can provide a good entry point to the financial services industry.

Cons

This is a very old fashioned company with an outdated culture. The advisers are essentially salesmen and receive a commission for products sold,(advisers have selected products for clients based on the commission they will receive) The knowledge of some advisers was worryingly poor. Advisers manipulate performance shown to clients. Many advisers are grossly overpaid. Many advisers are unprofessional. Service/product sold to clients were often not in the client's best interest, better options for the client outside of SJP. There is no human resources or regulation of adviser's activities on a day to day basis. The adviser is free to do what they want and treat their employees as they like. There is no disciplinary procedure as advisers are self-employed. Internal IT systems are poor. Teamwork between practices is discouraged. Pay is generally under market rate Progression is limited for those not wanting to be advisers Non-advisers have to pay to attend training that is free for advisers.

2 people found this review helpful
    7. 5.0
      Former Intern, less than 1 year

Great place to work

Sep 17, 2019 - Intern in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Welcoming and open culture where the desire to improve the individual is at the fore. Moreover, everyone always has the time for you no matter where they sit within the company. In addition to this, the employees are driven and inspiring. Furthermore, for the short duration of my time at SJP the work life balance was great. Also, there is a great sense of interconnectedness of the business where many departments are interdependent. This is good as I was exposed to many different people and areas of SJP.

Cons

The location of the head office.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great place to work!

Jun 28, 2019 - Operations in Cirencester, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people to work with, everyone is very friendly. Pretty open to new ideas and new ways of working. Work/life balance is good.

Cons

Parking isn't great. Some of the internal systems are a bit old. Seem to outsource a lot of services that could be done in house; having more control and saving money.

Recruitment Operations

Thank you for a great review!

9. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great environment for advisers, not for their support staff

May 26, 2017 - Anonymous Employee in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Huge potential upside for financial advisers within the group, with high earnings potential and complete control over your work/life balance

Cons

Very poor benefits (little/no pension, no health cover, poor remuneration) for support staff and trainees within the advisory Practices which are run as small businesses and rarely see the benefits of investing in their staff. There is little governance from the corporate Group to ensure support staff receive fair benefits, as such many remain underpaid.

4 people found this review helpful
    10. 4.0
      Former Employee

Great all around company

Sep 24, 2011 -  in Cirencester, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great working culture with exciting and interesting work. Good work life balance resulting in a highly motivated work team and management.

Cons

The pay packet. But being based outside London the salary is ok, however to attract bright high achievers management must go further to get them to consider leaving the city.

6 people found this review helpful
    11. 3.0
      Former Employee

Review

Aug 8, 2020 - Financial Consultant in Hong Kong
      Business Outlook

Pros

good work life balance, social

Cons

not too many, okay company to work for

Viewing 1 - 10 of 10 English Reviews