StarLeaf Employee Reviews about "working environment"

Updated Dec 9, 2019

Found 9 of over 113 reviews

3.9
StarLeaf CEO Mark Richer
Mark Richer
Pros
  • "A lot of smart people working at StarLeaf(in 17 reviews)

• "Many great people to learn from(in 9 reviews)

• Cons
  • "I have seen StarLeaf push through the usual growing pains that a company would experience from start-up to scale up(in 11 reviews)

• "The main reason I left was the commute (Watford)(in 3 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Reviews about "working environment"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Outstanding place to work

Dec 9, 2019 - Business Development Representative in Croxley Green, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Freedom with how you work is amazing! The working environment is so positive, everyone is really friendly and supportive. The training was very well planned and you are encouraged to ask questions.

Cons

When I have one I'll edit this

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Exciting technology, great people, fantastic culture

May 16, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great collaborative working environment. Leading edge products. A very exciting place to work.

Cons

There are none at this time

3. 5.0
      Current Employee

First Impressions - a lovely company to work for

Apr 11, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in Watford, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

First few weeks into the job, and have absolutely no complaints at all. A lovely friendly company with a nice culture and feel to it. Great working environment, couldn't really ask for more.

Cons

Nothing to add here - from my point of view it would be very hard to think of any negatives.

4. 3.0
      Current Employee

Great Company

Nov 28, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

A truly collaborative working environment. Fast growing and exciting with a great vision and solutions for the modern workplace.

Cons

Old fashioned micro management creeping in that is slowing business down. There is a habit of bad decision making.

5. 5.0
      Former Employee

DevOps engineer

Nov 7, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Incredibly comfortable work environment and lovely 'family-feel' bond between staff members. When I was there, there was a real sense at room for progression.

Cons

Hard to really say anything other than minor personal qualms. I was on the helpdesk more than I thought was described to me during recruitment and a central London office would have been nicer.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Interesting, friendly and dynamic work place

Jun 1, 2018 - Software Engineer in Croxley Green, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Dynamic work environment (possibility to change projects and teams), regular new project and interesting projects means we keep adapting to new problems and don't get stuck in a less interesting task for ever - Full stack development means we continue to learn about new technologies as we have to implement a feature from the back-end to (almost) the customer facing interface - Less formal environment means it's easy to ask questions and share ideas with other engineers and the management. Free coffee, fruits and refreshment in a large kitchen area helps to lighten the atmosphere a lot.

Cons

- The Croxley location is beautiful but a bit far from the town center to allow socialising with colleagues.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Sharing the Success

May 31, 2018 - Senior Engineer in Watford, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

All employees have a share in the company so everyone is motivated to pull in the same direction. This creates a fast paced, dynamic, challenging and fun working environment without the office politics.

Cons

Starting from scratch and taking over the world is not easy.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great place to work

Apr 20, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in Watford, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Any company is only as good as its people and this is the key strength of StarLeaf. A nice working environment with a collaborative atmosphere, plus the fun of being in a high growth company, makes this a great place to be.

Cons

None I can think of.

9. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Smart, driven people and a fast-paced culture

Jul 19, 2019 - Technical Support Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

- The people are great. Smart, team-oriented, and they care about their work - It's a fast-paced work environment. You are seldom bored - Growth opportunities. Motivated employees are rewarded for being driven and are provided growth opportunities here.

Cons

Some typical startup growing pains.

Viewing 1 - 9 of 9 English Reviews