Success Academy Charter Schools Principal Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Find jobs for Principal

Success Academy Charter Schools Principal Reviews

Updated 23 Sep 2019

4.9
Success Academy Charter Schools CEO Eva Moskowitz  (no image)
Eva Moskowitz

"Outstanding teacher and staff development!"

Current Employee - Assistant Principal in New York, NY

I have been working at Success Academy Charter Schools full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Success Academy was my first teaching job out of my masters program and I am so grateful for this. The professional development you find at success is truly hard to come by. It is here that I learned more about teaching than I have throughout my undergraduate and masters degree because of the level of development Success puts into each and every teacher. Leadership is always in your classroom giving you... actionable feedback and leading you through purposeful and rich professional development sessions. You are constantly asked what your goals are and how they can best support you in achieving them. It is not an easy job. It requires grit and passion - but it is by far the most rewarding job I have ever had. I have now been with Success for 8 years and have developed into an Assistant Principal role. What I love most is that my development hasn't stopped. I am constantly supported in how I could be better. It is a job where I never feel stuck in a routine or bored. I feel challenged every day and absolutely love it. Whether you are fresh out of school or are looking to further your development, I highly recommend giving Success a try.

Cons

It isn't an easy job and they are looking for highly motivated individuals. However, it is a job that is hard to pass up when you consider the development you will receive and the impact you can have.

Success Academy Charter Schools2019-09-23

"Rewarding work with continuous opportunities to grow and develop"

Current Employee - Assistant Principal

I have been working at Success Academy Charter Schools full-time

Pros

Success Academy students and families are wonderful. At SA, you get to work with dedicated families and curious children who partner with us everyday to reverse the achievement gap. While the students and their families are the primary factor that keeps me coming back year after year, there are plenty of other pros to working at Success Academy. As a teacher, your lesson plans and units are created for you by the... curriculum team at the Network office. This gives you the time to really study the units and content to make sure you understand it at a deep level to be able to teach the material to children. With that being said, the lessons are by no means scripts that you are mandated to follow. You have the resources provided to you, but also have the freedom to adjust the lesson plans as you see fit to best serve the needs of your students. Additionally, whether you are a teacher or leader, you are consistently getting feedback from your manager to improve your practice and help with your development. This organization provides amazing opportunities to impact the lives of students in NYC while also growing and developing as a professional.

Cons

For some people, it can be an adjustment to get constant feedback everyday. Leaders are often in classrooms observing to help improve the practice of our teachers, which can be a change for teachers who come from other public schools. However, this feedback is all in the interest of improving the classroom experience for our scholars and helping to push them to be their best. Additionally, in the beginning it can be... challenging not to bring work home. As time goes on though, teachers are able to manage their time during the day and minimize the amount of work that they bring home. In my last 2 years teaching before I became an Assistant Principal I rarely brought work home with me because I was able to use my prep time well during the day.

Success Academy Charter Schools2019-09-22
  3. ""A Life Changing Organization""

Current Employee - Principal

I have been working at Success Academy Charter Schools full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Success Academy Charter Schools has opened up doors for me and our students that I thought would never be possible. There is a tremendous amount of opportunity to grow as a professional. SA provides an immense amount of resources and professional development all of which cater to your career goals. They demand the very best from the adults and the students and are always pushing us to be our best. SA is changing... what is possible in public education. They are always looking to improve for the benefit of our kids. This organization has had a tremendous impact on my career as well as the lives of our students.

Cons

The work is hard and you have to be willing to fully commit to change the face of education in our country.

Success Academy Charter Schools2019-08-12

"If you want to be at the forefront of an educational revolution...Look no further than SA!"

Current Employee - Assistant Principal

I have been working at Success Academy Charter Schools full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Success Academies Charter Schools have a long history of being an innovative organization. They have created schools that are both equally joyful and rigorous, where scholars, teachers, and parents are forced to present their best selves as we all have one common goal: ensuring that our children are compassionate, hardworking individuals ready to take on any challenge and leave a lasting legacy and impact on the... world. SA does this by providing teachers and school leaders with constant, year-long professional development and support. Standouts are recognized and promoted for high achievement and their ability to maximize potential. SA's curriculum allows teachers to take ownership of their classrooms and bring forth new ideas that can enhance scholar learning. Scholars go on monthly field studies to amazing venues, museums, parks, etc as a means to fully immerse themselves in whatever concept/topic they are learning. Parents are asked to be equal and active partners and are invited to numerous school events and functions in hopes of building true, authentic relationships. To see this organization grow and to be a part of the lasting impact it has on its community has been truly an honor.

Cons

Hours can seem long if one does not know how to manage their time efficiently.

Success Academy Charter Schools2019-08-08

"Great place to work, Great opportunity for promotion and development"

Current Employee - Principal

Pros

SA has provided me with awesome, consistent professional development and continued opportunities for promotion within the organization. I started 8 years ago as an associate teacher and was provided with training that allowed me to be a principal today. I think the organization truly invests in their people and are committed to their development as educators.

Cons

No cons at the moment!

Success Academy Charter Schools2019-08-06
  6. "Incredible place to work with lots of opportunities for growth"

Current Employee - Principal

Pros

I have been given a tremendous amount of support and professional development over the years. I started an associate teacher 8 years ago and have been given the opportunity to grow and become a stronger educator. SA is constantly changing for the better and striving to improve schooling for scholars and the workplace environment for employees. The scholars and families are incredible and will always brighten your... day! SA is making history and changing what is possible for public education.

Cons

This job takes an enormous amount of work and dedication but it is rewarding and worth it.

Success Academy Charter Schools2019-08-07
  7. "Great work community and opportunity for growth"

Current Employee - Assistant Principal in New York, NY

I have been working at Success Academy Charter Schools full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Working at Success requires long hours and resilience. Even though it is hard work, you build strong relationships with your co-workers and with the community that you serve. It is rewarding work with significant and unique opportunities for growth and development. Even though hours are long, there are long school breaks that make up for it!

Cons

Long hours that require sustained patience. The work is mentally and physically draining at times.

Advice to Management

n/a

Success Academy Charter Schools2019-08-07
  8. "Amazing Opportunity"

Current Employee - Principal

Pros

Success Academies gave me a platform to do work that I am passionate about. As a NYC native it has allowed me to help change the narrative for other children, who like me did not have the most positive schooling experience. SA gave me an opportunity when many others looked past who I am. This organization has helped shape me into one of the hardest working individuals I know. I have so much to thank them for.

Cons

There are so many responsibilities that take away from some of your personal time. If you are not hyper organized and able to prioritize you can get consumed by it all. The key is to ask for support and help.

Success Academy Charter Schools2019-08-06
  9. "Work hard to impact real change"

Current Employee - Principal

Pros

- You are part of a movement that is actually fighting to make a difference. - The scholars and families are amazing. - The company is constantly re-evaluating and striving to improve for both scholars and employees. - There is a ton of room to grow and excel professionally. - You will learn a lot about yourself.

Cons

Changing the course of education equality is an enormous task that requires you to work harder than you thought you could. This job is not for the faint of heart!

10. "Get ready to grow!"

Current Employee - Principal

Pros

SA is truly changing what is possible in public education. At every single turn we ask, 'What can we do better for kids?', 'How can we make our teachers feel more successful?', or 'Where can we improve as an enterprise?'. It's these types of questions that renew my passion for the work I do here everyday. I'm also here, and have remained here for 8 years, because of my development. SA truly develops talent - both at... the teacher level and at the leader level. There is much opportunity for growth. I am the educator, leader, and forward thinker I am today because of SA!

Cons

If you want to make the growth, you have to put in the time! The work we are doing is not easy and therefore requires time and energy. If you are ready to commit yourself fully to the work, the possibilities are endless!

Success Academy Charter Schools2019-07-26