Success Academy Charter Schools Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Success Academy Charter Schools Reviews

Updated 19 Sep 2019

Found 672 reviews

3.4
Success Academy Charter Schools CEO Eva Moskowitz  (no image)
Eva Moskowitz
Pros
  • "Professional development to further my skills(in 67 reviews)

• "Work with the best educators in the business - doing innovative and exciting things for our scholars(in 45 reviews)

Cons
  • "Work /life balance is a little difficult to adjust(in 115 reviews)

• "You must be prepared to work long hours and take feedback in order to grow(in 106 reviews)

1. "Hard Work but Rewarding in Every Way Possible"

Current Employee - 4th Grade Lead Teacher in New York, NY

I have been working at Success Academy Charter Schools full-time for more than a year

Pros

As a second year employee of Success, I do not believe there is a more rewarding career or place to develop yourself as an educator. The core of Success Academy is growth and development, but not only for the scholars but for the educators working there. Every Wednesdays teachers engage in professional development and receive feedback daily to improve their instruction. The community throughout the network of... Success, is filled with passionate educators leading the way to make a difference in not only their scholars lives but the entire education reform.

Cons

This job is time intensive, and this is pressure for your class to perform well. My advice is to manage your time wisely and be transparent with your colleagues as well as leadership with how you are doing and what you need help with. This job takes hard work but if you are passionate and dedicated, you can grow into an incredible educator.

Success Academy Charter Schools2019-09-19
  2. "Great Community at Rosedale"

Current Employee - Lead Teacher in Rosedale, NY

I have been working at Success Academy Charter Schools full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great community of people who want to do right by their kids. My co-workers have become some of my closest friends and we work together every day to provide an amazing education for our kids. The job isn't easy and you will always be pushed to do better because our kids deserve the absolute best. Leadership is very supportive and will always help and give advice when needed. You have two preps a day to get all your... planning done. Some preps may be taken for meetings at times but leadership makes a conscious effort to only take a prep if it is absolutely necessary so teachers have as much planning time as possible. Success supplies all materials for teachers and that is more helpful than you can imagine. Also, we are provided with amazing class libraries that have made my kids over the years love reading.

Cons

There is a lot of work that goes into the job. You have to be intellectually prepared at a high level which takes time. You do take work home at times, but it's all about time management and figuring out how to plan your week effectively. However, being effectively planned does make for a smooth and productive classroom.

Success Academy Charter Schools2019-09-20
  3. "Great place to learn!"

Current Employee - Lead Teacher in Prospect Heights, NY
    No Opinion of CEO

Pros

-Great working community -Great place to grow as an educator. Success offers wonderful opportunities for weekly/ daily professional development. -Leadership is committed to making you better every single day. -Competitive pay. - Network cares about overall health of their employees. They offer fitness classes, emergency childcare, and mental health counseling.

Cons

Job is incredibly demanding. In order to work here you must be highly organized, teachable, and ready to implement feedback right away.

Success Academy Charter Schools2019-09-19
  4. "Flatbush is the most joyful place"

Current Employee - Lead Teacher in Flatbush, NY

Pros

The staff is so friendly to each other and to the children. The environment is a place where kids would rather be in than out. As a teacher you can move up in positions quickly based on your performance and level of dedication. The leader team works hard to make everyone in the building better teachers and give clear feedback to help you grow and help scholars reach their full potential. If you are successful in... this environment, you will be able to teach and work anywhere because you have the organization skills and grit to get things done well.

Cons

There's a high bar of excellence and it may be hard for you to work at a place if you are not comfortable with getting feedback to get better. You have to keep in mind that everything you do is for the children and being prepared and reaching your full potential is the most important.

Advice to Management

None.

5. "Success"

Current Employee - Elementary Specials Teacher in Brooklyn, NY
    No Opinion of CEO

Pros

This Job is extremely fulfilling, provides an opportunity to make a real difference by doing hands on work. Everyone I have worked with is passionate about what they do and care deeply about the students and families they work with.

Cons

Communication can sometimes be difficult across such a large network of schools.

Success Academy Charter Schools2019-09-18
  6. "Middle School Lead Teacher"

No Opinion of CEO

Pros

The growth that I have had in the past four years as a teacher surpasses the experience I could have had elsewhere. Success pushes for your development as a teacher, forming you to be the best version of yourself in front of children. That being said, your development also depends on who your school leaders are. However, Success as an organization is quick to make changes, so they will recognize when something is... not working and work towards improving it. Additionally, the benefits you receive are an added plus.

Cons

The work life balance is difficult. We do work long hours and have a lot of expectations as a teacher. As mentioned above, your experience can also vary depending on your school leader. If you cannot handle stress, then teaching will not be the job for you.

Advice to Management

Do not forget your experiences as a teacher when making systems for teachers.

Success Academy Charter Schools2019-09-17
  7. "Great place to grow as a teacher!"

Current Employee - Lead Teacher

I have been working at Success Academy Charter Schools full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

- They provide trainings and professional development that actually help you to become a better teacher - Curriculum is already created! - Materials/printing jobs are provided to you by the school - Helping to work towards a great mission of providing a quality education for all children no matter the zip code! - Staff and colleagues become friends and start to feel like your own family - Team mentality: the... staff works together to help each other out across the entire building (not just your grade team)

Cons

- days are longer than a DOE public school

Success Academy Charter Schools2019-09-18
  8. "Challenging but rewarding work"

Current Employee - Lead Teacher

Pros

There are many reasons why I've worked at Success Academy for several years now. The first is the students. Their energy, humor, and intelligence make every day different. Our relationships with the students go beyond just a teacher-student as you advise them in all more than just content. I also love how close me and my colleagues are. Together we work at a fast pace which makes the days fly by. Since we are so... data driven, it is also very satisfying to tangibly see that hard work pay off in test results.

Cons

There is definitely a lot of pressure to perform well. However, utilizing your colleagues and leaders helps a lot. The hours are long and you are on your feet all day. It takes a lot of grit and dedication.

Success Academy Charter Schools2019-09-16
  9. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Operations Management Specialist
    No Opinion of CEO

Pros

- Opportunities for advancement - Compensated well - Fast moving, challenging environment - never boring - Consistently trying to improve our processes, lots of ability to be creative - Great benefits

Cons

- Have to do work often outside of normal work hours

Advice to Management

N/A

Success Academy Charter Schools2019-09-16
  10. "Associate Teacher at Success Academy"

Current Employee - Associate Teacher

I have been working at Success Academy Charter Schools full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great benefits, people, and experience.

Cons

Long hours if time not managed well.

Success Academy Charter Schools2019-09-14