Superdry Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Superdry Reviews

Updated 14 October 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • 50% staff discount & up to 70% discount in staff shop at Head Office (in 26 reviews)

• The people are very nice, you get 50% discount plus clothing allowance every six months (in 26 reviews)

Cons
  • lack of communication between senior management and floor staff (in 6 reviews)

• Have to always remain behind after store closes, even if the shop floor is tidy (in 8 reviews)

1. "Sales assistant"

Current Employee - Sales Assistant in Guildford, England
    Current Employee - Sales Assistant in Guildford, England

I have been working at Superdry part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people are very nice, you get 50% discount plus clothing allowance every six months. The management is really flexible with shift times and your availability.

Cons

They don't necessarily will give you all the hours that you want, the job is really boring. Friends with management get more hours easier.

Advice to Management

To be more impartial

2. "Best experience"

I worked at Superdry part-time

Pros

Fun, you meet nice people, good salary, nice benefits

Cons

disorganised managers, not allowed to be too chatty

3. "New Floor Manager"

Current Employee - Floor Manager
    Current Employee - Floor Manager

I have been working at Superdry full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent benefits and incentives.
    When it's busy and time goes fast then it is fun and quite rewarding.

Cons

Awful training thrown onto floor and expected to know and do everything perfectly. O my an hour break unpaid negative critique for basically all you do only mention the positive if you press them for it. Expected to give up half hour of your time each morning as not enough paid time to actually set up then made to feel you have to hang around past your shift to make sure it is all perfect... in equal treatment of staff some made to feel like Gods others always put down...in fact some knowledgeable staff abuse their confidence and treat new learning management with disdain and are two faced

Advice to Management

Be more positive and don't just abandon new management. Realise that all people need to switch off and have right to leave on time. It's a long day especially if you are short staffed for any reason. There needs to be a relief break as well as the lunch hour

5. "Unorganised Place To Work"

Former Employee - Temporary Sales Associate in Sheffield, England
    Former Employee - Temporary Sales Associate in Sheffield, England

I worked at Superdry part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Generous Staff Discount (50%)
    Flexible rotas, which are perfect for students
     Decent Pay

Cons

Very very boring job for sales assistants. I worked as a summer temp (Sheffield, Meadowhall) for around 4 months and hated every second from my job role to the management to my work colleagues. Very shady colleagues who will snake you out to management at every given opportunity. Felt very bullied and segregated due to my ethnicity. Senior management and Supervisors talking down to regular sales assistants. We were expected to tidy the shop floor from top to bottom in the space of half an hour after shop closing time. Was constantly leaving late after being "forgotten about" by management, and even then had to ask to leave 10-15 minutes later. Very very very unorganised shop floor due to senior management mostly sitting in the back on their mobile phones while us sales assistants are expected to hold the fort for 5-6 hours on end. Very dull jobs such as being left on fitting rooms for 4/5 hours straight. If asked to rotate would mostly be refused. Felt talked about amongst other staff members.

Advice to Management

Organise shop floor instead of leaving us on the same section for hours on end! if we all rotated workstations regularly jobs may get done quicker. Management should actually do their job instead of sitting in back room on their smartphones.

6. "Enjoy the job but feel demotivated by upper management"

Pros

There's always a lot to do. Great team, good benefits.

Cons

Pay scales aren't set fairly. Pay is the same for staff who have no responsibilities to staff who have a higher job role like key holders/VM's/stockroom supervisors.
    Area manager sets unrealistic expectations and only focuses on what's not been done rather than all the hard work you have done.
    Very low payroll meaning that staff workload is always heavy and very few staff to cover shop floor
    Shop lifters on a daily basis with no security or support from head office which means that we're putting our safety at risk to prevent thefts.

Advice to Management

You can't run a business with no staff! Higher payroll and more support is needed.

7. "OK i guess"

Former Employee - Part-time Sales Advisor in Stirling, Scotland
    Former Employee - Part-time Sales Advisor in Stirling, Scotland

I worked at Superdry part-time (More than a year)

Pros

good pay, and good for a part time job, respectable company

Cons

I only was employed because of my looks, long hours, a lot of standing around doing nothing

8. "sales assistant"

I worked at Superdry part-time

Pros

young vibrant team, good location

Cons

poor management, veryyyy poor management
    little pay

Advice to Management

act like management and not like high school kids.

9. "Sales Assistant"

I worked at Superdry part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very friendly place to work. You have a friendly relationship with colleagues.

Cons

There were not many bad things to highlight

"Not so great"

Current Employee - Floor Staff in London, England
    Current Employee - Floor Staff in London, England

I have been working at Superdry part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

50% staff discount
    ability to get free products for up and cross selling

Cons

lack of communication between senior management and floor staff
    huge favouritism negatively affecting other employees
    senior management horribly big headed - might not even say good morning back and just pass by as if nothing happened
    constant supervision - feels like being in a nursery
    'records of conversations' for most little, silly things - even if you run to grab a snack from the vending machine or go have water 'too many times'
    management being completely fake - smiling to your face and minute after talking rubbish about you behind your back
    if you work hard one time they will constantly stay on top of your head to push you work even harder every single shift
    'management concentrated on money and any floor staff are only numbers to them' - this has been said by senior management before leaving the position
    usually very arrogant and rude management constantly moaning about every little thing demotivating everyone else to do their duties
    floor staff as well as management constantly changing due to the fact of how they are being treated
    most of the floor staff is sick of their jobs affecting and demotivating others
    i could carry on for hours but these are the main ones

Advice to Management

CHANGE THE SENIOR MANAGEMENT. Get someone who will take care of their employees first, make the fun and the same time challenging work environment and money will flood even more. By constantly threatening and demotivating your staff you won't achieve anything.

11. "Sales Assistant"

Pros

Good place to work. Staff are very nice and so is management. Discount is also good.

Cons

some time management poorly manage staff