Swan Global Direct Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 14 November 2018

4.0
Lee Sansum

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Amazing chance to progress very quickly."

Current Employee - Team Leader in Newcastle upon Tyne, England
    Current Employee - Team Leader in Newcastle upon Tyne, England

I have been working at Swan Global Direct full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They offer a fast track programme that allows you to progress to management very quickly! Everyone is so friendly and always willing to help each other! The business gives you so many opportunities such as travel opportunities; around the UK and abroad. Regarding the salary, nowhere else will you make as much money as you do in this business it all depends on how hard you work, the harder you work the more you make. As well as all of these positives the best by far for me is the "no seniority" side, you have no boss and no one tells you what to do or screams their head off when you do something wrong, you never feel like your constantly on the edge. You have a coach who is always there for you, always supporting you and helping you climb the ladder. I have only been in the business 8 weeks half of which I spent on the business trips and my holiday abroad even then I have already been promoted to second stage of the programme. It is an amazing opportunity and I recommend everyone to give it a try.

Cons

There isn't any real cons just one for myself, the isn't many places to park without having to trek to the office.

Advice to Management

Build car park in front of the office! Just kidding... Continue doing what your doing. Number one in the country!

30 Aug 2016 – Director

Thank you for sharing your review of Swan Global Direct!

We are so proud of the community created here, so hearing feedback on how friendly and supportive everyone is means a great deal to us... More

2. "Pyramid Scheme. False Advertisement."

Former Employee - Sales in Newcastle upon Tyne, England

I worked at Swan Global Direct full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

None, at all. Don't do it.

Cons

Literally all cons. Nothing good.

Earned no money. Houry salary is a lie. Made commission sales, didn't get paid for them.

You will lose money on travel.

You will be standing outside all day from 9 til 5, I did this in the winter and ended up very ill.

The staff are unapproachable, I'll mannered and unpolite. The staff room is like a pack of kids in suits.

Advice to Management

Instead of getting people hopes up with false promises, stop this pyramid scheme and be decent human beings. Not hard.

"Fake Reviews Laughable"

Former Employee - Marketing Assistant in Newcastle, England
    Former Employee - Marketing Assistant in Newcastle, England

I worked at Swan Global Direct full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Easy to apply to (CV only) because they don't care who they employ

Cons

Positive reviews for this company have skyrocketed recently... the truth: sleazy management at this company push a time-wasting pyramid scheme. I suggest nobody bother attending the screening interview, however desperate for a role. You may cringe when you see the loud cramped office, the cheap suits, the greasy hair gel...

"Commission only"

Pros

Will teach you how to do sales well, other than that there's nothing else good to say about it.

Cons

Bad hours
    Cult-like environment
    Commission only

Advice to Management

find a better job.

5. "Not for everyone"

I worked at Swan Global Direct full-time

Pros

The people who work there are all very friendly, ambitious and like minded people. All willing to help you learn more about being successful in the business. If you enjoy being outside whilst at work, then its worth a shot. Again, if you enjoy talking to people/customers, send them an application.
    Commission rates are decent, 32-42 per sale on the non-charity campaign

Cons

Totally commission based
    expected to be at office for 7:30 despite not starting work until 9 and often expected to stay past 6.
    not help with travel/expenses
    expectations don't match up to self-employed claims.

Advice to Management

Don't insist on classing workers as self-employed then put pressure on them to work around you're 7:30-19:00 working day.

6. "Mixed impression"

Pros

good job with progression for SALES ppl, as you only get your pay in commission, no hourly rates

Cons

no basic salary - only commissions

Thank you for your review of Swan Global Direct,

Whilst we do only offer commission based earnings, we are always careful to outline this in our job adverts so that applicants fully understand... More

"Stay away from these scammers"

Former Employee - Marketing Assistant in Newcastle upon Tyne, England
    Former Employee - Marketing Assistant in Newcastle upon Tyne, England

I worked at Swan Global Direct full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

None. No, really, there are none

Cons

All this company does is lie lie lie. It is a door to door pyramid scheme, nothing else. Thousands of people have been duped into applying and even working for these thieving time-wasters because they spam job boards and promise salaries anywhere between £14k to £30k PA when your REAL earnings will be "commission-only", AKA a small percentage on a sale.

The jobs they advertise for range between Customer Service, Finance, Marketing, Management, Events and so on, but they only have one job to offer you - harassing shoppers on busy streets or old people in their homes by trying to bully them into a) signing up for a charity b) buying a phone/holiday package c) buying some cheap Chinese products. AVOID AT ALL COSTS if you value your money sanity.

Advice to Management

Stop lying.

30 Aug 2016 – Director

Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate you taking the time to share your views.

We're sorry you found the experience to be negative, however I would love to take this opportunity to clear up... More

8. "Good chance to grow"

Pros

I joined Swan Global Direct as an ambitious 18 year old with no experience of the business world. During my time here I have been coached and developed from a niave kid into a striving successful entrepreneur. Everyone is friendly and keen to help which is why I have learned so much in such a short period of time.

Cons

There is no real cons to this company except that the fact that some people come into the business and pre-judge the working environment before really giving it a go, which ends in them wasting the opportunity of a lifetime.

Thank you for your review of Swan Global Direct

It's great to hear that you found the environment friendly, and that you really are making the most of what we offer.

Thanks again!

9. "Amazing place to be"

Former Employee - Distributor in Newcastle, England
    Former Employee - Distributor in Newcastle, England

Pros

I was given an amazing opportunity to be part of the team. Went in to the role and was given so much support, help and advice. People around me made it like I could do anything, which I will never forget. Everyone was pretty amazing right from CEO to team members. They supported me through my personal problems and accommodated me through it all.

Cons

None that I can think off. Only reason I left was due to my personal life being overly complicated and didn't want to mess the company around.

Advice to Management

Nothing. Amazing team and very supportive. Everyone doing a fantastic job.

30 Aug 2016 – Director

Thank you for your lovely review, We are so happy that you were able to access advice and support during your time with us.

All the best for the future, and we'd always love to welcome you back!... More

"INCREDIBLE OPPORTUNITY!!"

Former Employee - Sales in Newcastle upon Tyne, England

Pros

A genuine opportunity to progress in a career that allows you to be in full control of your own future. It teaches you the foundations to success that can be applied to any business. It gives you the confidence to believe in your own ability and thrive towards setting and achieving goals. Lee was an amazing person to work around; his motivated and driven attitude only pushed you to work harder and in turn reap the reward you desired. There isn't another business that allows you to grow both personally and professionally while having the amount of fun that I did. The travel opportunities were incredible, I did multiple week long trips all over the UK, learning from different people and working in different cities. My time at Swan Global was amazing, working with Lee helped me grow as a person and I worked with some of the most incredible people and met my closest friends :)
    KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK GUYS :D

Cons

There really isn't any! :D

Advice to Management

TAKE OVER GUYS :)
    Keep growing and keep pushing harder; good luck for the future you all deserve the success..
    Massive thank you for everything!

30 Aug 2016 – Director

Thank you for your feedback, it's really great to hear from people who are committed to growing professionally and have made the most of what we offer.

we're so happy that you found some close... More