Swarovski Employee Reviews about "staff discount"

Updated 12 Jan 2021

3.7
Swarovski CEO Robert Buchbauer
Robert Buchbauer
Pros
  • "I had a great retail experience, a good work environment, worked with good people(in 62 reviews)

• "Generous staff discount & nice environment(in 44 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Sometimes very slow and hard to achieve sales goals(in 36 reviews)

• "Stressful upper management that doesn’t really care about you or your wellbeing(in 33 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "staff discount"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great company

22 Jun 2019 - Sales Assistant
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good team good management great staff discount good company

Cons

Bonus hard to make

Sr Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. At Swarovski, we truly value constructive employee and customer feedback, both positive and negative. Our hope is to make each individual employee, from our stores to our corporate offices, feel that they are valued. Of course, we are thrilled to read that you think we are a “Greet Company” and your list of Pros: “Good team good management great staff discount good company”. We love when our employees can wear and enjoy our products and showcase them to our customers and thus we offer a generous discount and a Jewelry allotment to our retail employees. As for your comment about the bonus system and that it is sometimes hard to achieve a bonus, please know that we strive to remain competitive in our compensation practices and regularly review our pay rates and bonus structure. In addition, as part of our compensation program we are proud to offer vacation time, a generous merchandise discount, as you mentioned, flexibility in scheduling and a full benefits package to all our Full-Time employees and a modified benefit package to our Part-Time employees, including the ability to participate in our 401K. These additional benefits we feel make our pay structure competitive. Once again, we want to thank you for taking the time to leave a review at Swarovski, we value feedback both positive and negative and your feedback on the bonus structure will be shared with upper management as feedback is crucial to the betterment of the company. As always, we wish you much success in your future endeavors.

2. 4.0

good place to work

12 Jan 2021 - Sales in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

great staff discount, nice colleagues, and nice store.

Cons

Less staff training, need to long hours standing

HR Communications Consultant

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We very much appreciate it. We are glad to hear that you had a great work environment, we strive to be an inclusive workplace where our employees shine as much as our product. At Swarovski, we truly value constructive employee and customer feedback, both positive and negative. Our hope is to make each individual employee, feel that they are valued.

3. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Its ok

29 Sep 2020 - Senior Sales
      Business Outlook

Pros

Big Staff discount Good training Chances of winning items/chocolate/Prosecco

Cons

Company is changing to worse. Policy change

Senior HR Specialist

Thank you for your valuable feedback. We appreciate it very much. In order to retain its strongly competitive global position, Swarovski continuously looks for ways to improve and adapt its business and processes to stay one step ahead. In this context, Swarovski is currently working on a global initiative that aims to ensure that the Finance & Administration function stays a high performing partner, positioned to support Swarovski’s ongoing success. Changing ways of working naturally includes a learning curve, which holds true for transformations just as much as for IT driven changes such as new tools or systems. We therefore count on your understanding and support in helping crucial knowledge being shared and new knowledge being acquired. Because together we do sparkle best!"

4. 2.0

Swarovski review

23 Sep 2020 - Sales Consultant in Bristol, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

the staff discount is really good

Cons

too much work to do in store

Senior HR Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. At Swarovski, we truly value constructive employee and customer feedback, both positive and negative. As for your concerns, we want to ensure you your review will be shared with management, as this kind of feedback is crucial to the improvement of the company.

5. 1.0

Just a number

23 Oct 2020 - Senior Sales Consultant in Glasgow, Scotland, Scotland
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good staff discount, great team

Cons

Management awful , higher up management worse , draining with little benefits

HR Communication Consultant

Dear Colleague We are sorry that your experience of working in Swarovski was negative for you. Thank you for sharing your comments and we wish you much success in your professional career and private life.

6. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

only join if you don't mind the possibility of being fired at random

14 Aug 2019 - Anonymous Employee in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good staff discount, nice office, interesting international projects

Cons

people are pulled into HR for meetings and never seen again without warning or explanation, everyone works in fear/to the whims of one person

4 people found this review helpful

Sr Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. At Swarovski, we truly value constructive employee feedback, both positive and negative. Our hope is to make each individual employee, from our stores to our corporate offices, feel that they are valued. We have read your review and we are sorry that it seems you did not feel that our people were valued. At Swarovski we have an open-door policy and encourage our employees to reach out to a member of upper management or HR to make sure their concerns and ideas for the betterment of the company are addressed and handled strategically and effectively in a timely matter, as only with constructive feedback from our current and former employees as well as our customers can we improve and remain relevant in today’s everchanging world. Please be assured your review will be shared with Global HR and Upper management. Once again, we want to thank you for taking the time to leave a review and wish you much success in your career future endeavors.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

A positive place to work

18 May 2019 - Senior Sales Consultant in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

If you have the right attitude and work hard, you are rewarded with promotion. After being in the business for around 6 months I was promoted to senior sales. The company offers a generous staff discount. 6 weeks holiday + sick pay available. A beautiful environment. HR are quick to respond and deal with issues.

Cons

Senior sales pay could be a little higher because the difference between a sales consultants pay and a senior sales pay is very minimal.

Sr Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. At Swarovski, we love when employees want to share their positive experiences with us. Our hope is to make each individual employee, from our stores to our corporate offices, feel that they are valued, as they are an integral part of adding sparkle to everyday life. We are also glad that you value the benefits we provided. We review the company benefits on a yearly basis and are always striving to improve the benefits we offer to both Full-Time and Part-Time employees We also value constructive employee and customer feedback and want to thank you for sharing your concerns regarding: “Senior sales pay could be a little higher”. We are constantly evaluating our pay scales and benefits based on local markets and employee feedback and will share your concerns with management in your market. Once again, thank you for your feedback, and we wish you much success in your future endeavors with Swarovski

8. 3.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

It was an alright experience

8 Nov 2019 - Sales Advisor
      Business Outlook

Pros

60% staff discount Kind co workers

Cons

Not really exciting, doing the same thing everyday

Sr Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. At Swarovski, we truly value constructive employee and customer feedback, both positive and negative. Our hope is to make each individual employee, from our stores to our corporate offices, feel that they are valued. Of course, we love when employees want to share their positive experiences with us and are glad to read that you enjoyed the “60% staff discount” although the discount varies by market we are thrilled when are employees can showcase our merchandise and thus in all markets offer a generous staff discount. We are also glad to hear you worked with “Kind coworkers”, at Swarovski we pride ourselves on fostering an inclusive environment where teamwork can flourish. We are sorry however to hear that you did not seem to feel challenged and felt your role was “Not really exciting, doing the same thing every day”, unfortunately this is the nature of retail, the work can sometimes seem repetitive, but we try to engage our customers and offer new and exciting products and to have in store events, to encourage them to visit and provide our associates with additional opportunities to reach out to their clients. As for your advice to management, please be assured that at Swarovski we strive to create a positive, inclusive work environment in each of our stores and corporate offices and will not tolerate any type of discrimination or harassment, to achieve this we have open-door policy and encourage our employees to reach out to their manager, a member of upper management or HR at any time to make sure their concerns and ideas for the betterment of the company are addressed and handled strategically and effectively in a timely matter, as only with constructive feedback from our current and former employees, can we improve and remain relevant in today’s ever-changing world. Once again, we want to thank you for taking the time to leave and wish you much success in your future endeavors.

9. 2.0

No family ethos anymore

21 Apr 2019 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Staff discount, and holiday allowance.

Cons

Just a number and not treated with respect. Constantly bringing in new management who think they know better then everyone who has been there for years, and produced continual LFL results.

2 people found this review helpful

Sr Recruiter

First of all, our team at Swarovski would like to thank you for taking time to leave a review. We’re so glad to hear that you enjoyed our “Staff discount and holiday allowance”. We strive to be an inclusive workplace that offers generous compensation, discounts, and recognition for our employees, so they can shine as much as our product. However, we are sorry to hear about your concerns, about the lack of “respect” and lack of family ethos. Fostering a culture of connectedness and support is something we strive for at Swarovski, with every employee regardless of their title. We also pride ourselves on our open-door policy, so we encourage are current employees to reach out to a member of our HR team to share their concerns in more detail, so we can address them. Feedback from current and former employees Positive and/or Negative is one of the most valuable tools we have, to help guide us in creating a positive and productive work environment.

10. 2.0

Not worth it

24 Apr 2019 - Anonymous Employee in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Family run business with a lot of money, so they get involved in everything they want to. Some really inspiring people to work with. Good benefits such as 25 days holidays, early Fridays, Perkbox, staff discount and bonus based on performance.

Cons

Really desorganised with no structure and strong HR management. Because is a family run business they can do what they want and don’t really care about you

4 people found this review helpful

Sr Recruiter

First of all, our team at Swarovski would like to thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We’re so glad to hear that you enjoyed the familial culture we cultivate. In addition, it’s great to hear you worked alongside some “really inspiring” individuals. We strive to be an inclusive workplace that offers good benefits, generous staff discounts and recognition for our employees, so they can shine as much as our product. However, we are disappointed to hear about your concerns with structure and that you felt that Swarovski, does not “really care” about their employees. Fostering a culture of connectedness and support is something we strive for at Swarovski, regardless of an employee’s title. Please note at Swarovski we have open-door policy; this policy allows employees to share their concerns with a member of our HR team or Management. Only when an employee shares their concerns can we address them. Feedback from current and former employees Positive and/or Negative is one of the most valuable tools we have, to help guide us in creating a positive and productive work environment.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 44 Reviews