Swarovski Employee Reviews about "upper management"

Updated 15 Sep 2020

3.7
Swarovski CEO Robert Buchbauer
Robert Buchbauer
Pros
  • "I had a great retail experience, a good work environment, worked with good people(in 62 reviews)

• "Generous staff discount & nice environment(in 44 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Sometimes very slow and hard to achieve sales goals(in 36 reviews)

• "Stressful upper management that doesn’t really care about you or your wellbeing(in 33 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "upper management"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Avoid Avoid Avoid

25 Sep 2019 - Management
      Business Outlook

Pros

Staff discount. Bonus structure. Air conditioning.

Cons

Poor upper management structure. Matey matey culture. Incompetent.

Sr Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. At Swarovski, we truly value constructive employee and customer feedback, both positive and negative. Our hope is to make each individual employee, from our stores to our corporate offices, feel that they are valued. We are of course thrilled to read your Pros: “Staff discount” and “Bonus structure”. Our employee discount is one of our most revered benefits and we love when our amazing retail employees can wear our amazing products. We are also proud of the new Global Retail Incentive program, we put in place almost a year ago, that incorporates all of our retail employees, including not only our Store Managers, but our Assistant Store Managers and our Sales Consultants, thus rewarding the entire team when the store achieves their goals. The new GRIP at Swarovski which was rolled out about after much research, was meant to enhance our compensation and to foster an environment where teamwork can flourish. We believe that in an environment where everyone together works as a team to achieve our goals our customers will receive better service and our associates will have a more positive work environment. As for your Cons: “Poor upper management structure. Matey matey culture. Incompetent.”, we are sorry that you had a negative experience and as we are not sure what location you worked at, it is not easy to address these concerns. At Swarovski we strive to create a positive work environment in each of our stores and corporate offices, to achieve this we have and open-door policy and a hotline to allow employees to share their concerns and ensure we address our employees concerns once reported in a timely matter. Should you wish to provide more details about your experience, please feel free to reach out to customer service so we can further address your concerns. Once again, we want to thank you for taking the time to leave a review at Swarovski, we value feedback both positive and negative and your feedback on culture will be shared with upper management as feedback is crucial to the betterment of the company. We wish you much success in your future endeavors.

2. 2.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Really not great....

16 May 2018 - Assistant Store Manager in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Decent Salary, Paid On Time.

Cons

Terrible staff training, terrible upper management, lots of HR issues, no chance of getting bonus.

1 person found this review helpful
    3. 3.0
      Former Employee

Swarovski

8 Aug 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Friendly work environment -Glamourous head office -Great discount (60%)

Cons

-Pay and benefits are poor -Feedback does not get taken on board by upper management

Global HR Social Media Manager

Thank you for your review. We hope you enjoyed working at Swarovski and we are looking forward to welcoming you in our stores again - as a colleague or as a customer.

4. 5.0

DIY & Craft

15 Sep 2020 - Trade Marketing Manager in Cranston, RI
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great training provided and internal leadership

Cons

Upper management communication was poor

Senior HR Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. At Swarovski, we truly value constructive employee and customer feedback, both positive and negative. We want to thank you for your feedback about our lack of communication. We are working hard to improve communication, including upgrading our technology to better communicate with our teams across all divisions. We also have an open-door policy and you should feel free to reach out to your manager or a member of HR at any time. Once again, we want to thank you for your review and wish you much success in your career.

5. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Unrealistic expectations

29 Jan 2020 - Store Manager in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great customers, great product, great discount. Global leadership, culture and values are great and industry leading, however global leadership values and North America leadership values do not align.

Cons

Upper Management has unrealistic goals based on the changing retail environment, traffic is down in malls and stores are expected to meet and reviewed on a goal of 20% over last year's transactions.

1 person found this review helpful

Sr Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. At Swarovski, we truly value constructive employee and customer feedback, both positive and negative. Our hope is to make each individual employee, from our stores to our corporate offices, feel that they are valued. Of course, we are thrilled to read your list of Pros. However as for your “Cons” honestly, we are equally thrilled to read these comments as well, as only with constructive and honest feedback can we work together to improve our company and our work place and your feedback about "unrealistic goals based on the changing retail environment, traffic is down in malls and stores are expected to meet and reviewed on a goal of 20% over last year's transactions" will be shared with upper management and HR as we strive to set our employees up for success. We also want to make sure you are aware that at Swarovski we have an open-door policy and encourage our employees to reach out to a member of upper management or HR to make sure their concerns and ideas for the betterment of the company are addressed and handled strategically and effectively in a timely matter, as only with constructive feedback from our current and former employees as well as our customers can we improve and remain relevant in today’s everchanging world. Once again, we want to thank you for taking the time to leave a review and we want to wish you much success with your career at Swarovski.

6. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

CAREER DIDNT SPARKLE AS MUCH AS THE JEWELRY

9 Dec 2019 - Store Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Discount Organized Company Entertaining place to work

Cons

Upper Management was awful Customers were rude

Sr Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Although it seems you did not have a positive experience at Swarovski , we truly value constructive employee and customer feedback, both positive and negative. Our hope is to make each individual employee, from our stores to our corporate offices, feel that they are valued and Glassdoor is a platform that helps us understand what our employees are thinking. As we are not sure what location you worked at, it is not easy to address your concerns "Upper Management was awful". At Swarovski we strive to create a positive work environment in each of our stores and corporate offices, to achieve this we have an open-door policy and a hotline to allow employees to share their concerns and ensure we address our employees concerns once reported in a timely matter. If you wish to share additional information about your prior employment, please feel free to email or call Customer Service as only with additional information can we work to improve the work environment for future employees. Once again we want to thank you for leaving a review and although you did not have a positive experience, we still hope to welcome you back into our stores as a customer and we wish you much success in your future endeavors.

7. 3.0

Okay to an extent

3 Feb 2020 - Brand Ambassador
      Business Outlook

Pros

Commission if your store reaches monthly budget Good staff discount and team wear Had a really nice manager

Cons

Stressful upper management that doesn’t really care about you or your wellbeing

Sr Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. At Swarovski, we truly value constructive employee and customer feedback, both positive and negative. Our hope is to make each individual employee, from our stores to our corporate offices, feel that they are valued, and Glassdoor is a platform that helps us understand what our employees are thinking. We have read your reviewing and of course were thrilled to read your list of Pros, as for your Cons "Stressful upper management that doesn’t really care about you or your wellbeing", of course we were disappointed to read this and want to make sure that you were aware that at Swarovski we have an open-door policy and encourage our employees to reach out to a member of upper management or HR to make sure their concerns and ideas for the betterment of the company are addressed and handled strategically and effectively in a timely matter, as only with constructive feedback from our current and former employees as well as our customers can we improve and remain relevant in today’s everchanging world. Please be assured your review will be shared with HR and Upper management and looked into. Once again, we want to thank you for taking the time to leave a review and wish you much success in your future endeavors

8. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Worst job I’ve ever had!!

27 Apr 2019 - Part Time Sales Associate in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

The look of some their jewelry is nice. That’s about it...even though it’s high end costume jewelry because they don’t even use real gold or silver..

Cons

This was literally the WORST job I’ve ever had! This company does VERY LITTLE to ensure that their employees are happy and enjoy the job! Starting from the very strict dress code they enforce. From the way your hair should look to the makeup you wear down the the nail polish on your fingers! And if you wear anything slightly off you’re sure to be chewed out over it! They even attack the way you stand on the sales floor! And ideally they want you to stand around in heels for hours because it makes you look “fashionable”. The bonus system absolutely sucks! It makes it nearly impossible to make a decent living working here (unless you’re full time or a manager and judging by some of their reviews it’s near impossible for them too!). Their sales tactics are extremely pushy! Always forcing different items ESPECIALLY watches onto unsuspecting customers ....oh I’m sorry, “””clients””” when they don’t even want it! Swarovski is not known for watches! They only want to push it so heavily because it’s a high ticket item. The district manager in NYC (if she’s not gone herself yet) is another story. Doesn’t listen to anyone’s suggestions and only pretended to care or so it seemed. Honestly, if you’re going to do retail avoid this place like the plague! Retail is already a grueling high stress environment with unrealistic sales expectations and overwork the employees. Swarovski does absolutely nothing to make this better. Everyone’s trying to make a buck but the people on the retail level is doing it FOR the company! Least you can do is treat them better! Starts with upper management but you know they usually suck anyway..

Sr Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. At Swarovski, we truly value constructive employee and customer feedback, both positive and negative. Our hope is to make each individual employee, from our stores to our corporate offices, feel that they are valued. We also pride ourselves on our open-door policy and encourage our employees to reach out to a member of our HR team or Upper Management with their concerns. Only when an employee shares their concerns can we address them. Feedback from current and former employees Positive and/or Negative is one of the most valuable tools we have, to help guide us in creating a positive and productive work environment. Your feedback will be shared with upper management both in North America and Globally. This kind of feedback is crucial to the betterment of the company. As always, we wish you all the best in your future endeavors.

9. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Okay Company

18 Dec 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Discount. Amazing people. Sometimes great incentives.

Cons

Very malicious management. Lack empathy. Upper management completely disconnected from sales teams. Managers hiring friends and family. Unethical behavior.

10. 1.0

Waste of time

2 Oct 2018 - Retail Salesperson in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Coworkers are cool. Meeting foreign customers is sometimes fun.

Cons

You will never have the product you need. Outdated systems and ordering. Upper management takes the serious things frivolously and the frivolous things seriously.

3 people found this review helpful