Swarovski Employee Reviews about "work environment"

Updated 14 Jan 2021

3.7
Swarovski CEO Robert Buchbauer
Robert Buchbauer
Pros
  • "I had a great retail experience, a good work environment, worked with good people(in 62 reviews)

• "Generous staff discount & nice environment(in 44 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Sometimes very slow and hard to achieve sales goals(in 36 reviews)

• "Stressful upper management that doesn’t really care about you or your wellbeing(in 33 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "work environment"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0

Review

14 Jan 2021 - Sales Consultant
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fair, generous, good working environment, provide lots of training

Cons

Like any retail job you have to work lots of late nights and weekends especially at busy times like Christmas but this is the same in any retail role.

HR Communications Consultant

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We very much appreciate it. We are glad to hear that you have a great work environment, we strive to be an inclusive workplace where our employees shine as much as our product. The Swarovski Retail Academy takes our retail employees on a journey through sparkling learning opportunities and helps them explore potential for career progression. Though the program, we help our employees get thoroughly on-boarded, gain more in-depth knowledge, become specialists, and, if desired, develop into a management position. Once again, thank you for your feedback and wish you much success in your career with Swarovski.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Finally found a job I love

8 Nov 2019 - Seasonal Sales Associate
      Business Outlook

Pros

I am currently a Christmas temp at a store in East Sussex. After working in two previous retail jobs where management have bullied me and created an awful work environment, working at Swarovski has restored my faith in retail work. I am the youngest in the store (18 when I joined) however I have never been made to feel inferior or inexperienced because of this - whereas in my previous job in a well known jewellery store I was constantly belittled. Both managers in store have been more than willing to accommodate my university timetable and I have been welcomed into the store with open arms. Everyone has been very ready to help me finding items in the stockroom or assisting me with general customer questions while I get the hang of everything. The team goes above and beyond to make sure that everyone is doing well. Training consisted of a series of interactive online activities which took me about 3 shifts to complete. Swarovski also sends its employees to their Chiswick head office for a training day which was great fun and I feel like I have learnt a lot. I hope that they are able to offer me a permanent contract after Christmas as this is a job I would love to continue with through university.

Cons

I don’t have anything bad to say.

Sr Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. At Swarovski, we truly value constructive employee and customer feedback, both positive and negative. Our hope is to make each individual employee, from our stores to our corporate offices, feel that they are valued. Of course, we love when employees want to share their positive experiences with us and are glad to read the title of your review “Finally found a job I love”. Feedback such as yours makes me proud to work here! In the future should you ever have a concern please note at Swarovski we strive to create a positive work environment in each of our stores and corporate offices, to achieve this we have and open-door policy and a hotline to allow employees to share their concerns and ensure we address our employees concerns once reported in a timely matter. Once again, we want to thank you for taking the time to leave and wish you much success in your future at Swarovski.

3. 3.0

Overworked

6 May 2015 - Brand Ambassador
      Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent discount Pleasant working environment Staff are friendly and welcoming

Cons

Too many hours allocated to store - most staff standing around when it's quiet Unrealistic sales targets Pressure on staff to achieve targets I was hired in a 12 hour contract. Never worked less than 30. Not very flexible - working Saturday is now compulsory. Very difficult to balance family life and work life as they have very little regard for employees home life and schedule hours when it suits them, whether you are able to work or not. Little training given - less than 4 hours then on sales floor and expected to help customers with little or no knowledge of products Sales training difficult - force staff to approach customers with aggressive sales pitch which feels stilted and unnatural. Product quality seems to have deteriorated making it difficult for employees to deal with unhappy customers - many have required to send their products back for repair more than once

4. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Good short-term work

10 Jan 2016 - Sales Consultant
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nice colleagues and management. Workload is fair. Good working environment. Lovely product and brand to work with. Good discount after probationary period.

Cons

Poor pay and no full-time contracts unless you are management. No bonus until you have passed the probationary period.

5. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Temporary Christmas Sales Advisor

16 Jun 2015 -  in Paisley, Scotland, Scotland
      Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent place to work, great staff and great working environment.

Cons

Head office should listen more to those who work in the shop.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee

Nice place to work; nice people

2 Mar 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

The managers were nice and it was a relaxing environment to work at

Cons

had to clean the shop floors everyday

7. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Sales consultant

14 Sep 2016 - Sales Consultant
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fun work environment,great discount

Cons

Want to develop career and improve myself

1 person found this review helpful
    8. 5.0
      Former Employee

Sales consultant

24 May 2017 - Sales Consultant in Edinburgh, Scotland, Scotland
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good working environment, good bonus

Cons

lack of proper training for staff

9. 2.0
      Current Employee

Worth sticking around for a short period only

20 Mar 2017 - Senior Sales Consultant in Leeds, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Laid back working environment, some nice colleagues

Cons

Low pay Poor management Useless HR contacts No bonuses as no targets have been assigned

10. 3.0
      Former Employee

Swarovski

8 Aug 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Friendly work environment -Glamourous head office -Great discount (60%)

Cons

-Pay and benefits are poor -Feedback does not get taken on board by upper management

2 people found this review helpful

Global HR Social Media Manager

Thank you for your review. We hope you enjoyed working at Swarovski and we are looking forward to welcoming you in our stores again - as a colleague or as a customer.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 70 Reviews