Swinton Insurance Employee Reviews about "great people"

Updated 9 Nov 2019

2.7
Swinton Insurance Managing Director Scott Kennedy (no image)
Scott Kennedy
Pros
  • "Great people in each department(in 20 reviews)

• "Not a bad company to work for, good people to work with(in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • "the call centre / head office in Manchester will be gone within 2 years when it starts functioning out of King Stoke(in 20 reviews)

• "Head office location not the easiest to get to(in 18 reviews)

Reviews about "great people"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Great place to work"

5.0
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Swinton Insurance full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people, good work-life balance, excellent leadership, great location

Cons

Poor compensation, little focus on coaching/personal development

Swinton Insurance2017-03-28

April 21, 2017Resource Advisor

Thank you for the great feedback – it’s always good to hear colleagues’ positive experiences of working at Swinton and we appreciate the time you’ve taken to leave this review.

"."

Current Employee - Customer Service

I have been working at Swinton Insurance full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people in each department

Cons

Lots of people are leaving

Swinton Insurance2019-11-09
  3. "Challenging"

I have been working at Swinton Insurance full-time

Pros

Great people to work with.

Cons

Too much uncertainty of the future.

Swinton Insurance2019-03-13

April 30, 2019Social Media Manager

Hi, Thank you for your feedback. We understand the uncertainty that has been caused by the changes, but these have been an essential part of changes in how we operate. We have needed to make some difficult decisions to ensure that we can bring the appropriate levels of service to all of our customers. This will enable us to take the best of what we had before, and build a platform on which to grow in the future. Kind regards, The Swinton Team

4. "Good Employer Overall"

I worked at Swinton Insurance full-time

Pros

Salary Above Average for Industry Great People Fair Company

Cons

Branches Closing No Chance of Progression

Swinton Insurance2019-02-08
  5. "Sales executive"

2.0

I worked at Swinton Insurance full-time

Pros

Great people to work with

Cons

Communicate was very poor

Swinton Insurance2018-10-11

November 1, 2018Social Media Manager

Hi, we work hard to make sure all our colleagues are kept up to date with developments and plans across the business, either through iLink or local briefings. We are sorry that you did not feel you were kept informed. If you would like to discuss any of these issues with us, please contact us directly on 0161 233 3850. Thank you, The Swinton Team

"Good working culture"

Current Employee - Customer Service Associate in Manchester, England

I have been working at Swinton Insurance full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great training Great people Flexible working hours

Cons

Processes change too often No commission structure but expected to sell

Swinton Insurance2018-09-09

September 19, 2018Social Media Manager

Thank you for your comments, we are glad you enjoy working with us at Swinton. We understand that it has been a difficult time due to the changes at Swinton, but these have been an essential part of a review of how we operate. This has meant we needed to make some difficult decisions to ensure that we can bring the appropriate levels of service to all of our customers. This review will enable us to take the best of what we had before, and build a platform on which to grow in the future. Thanks, The Swinton Team

"This place is failing!!!!"

1.0

I have been working at Swinton Insurance full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great people within the business.

Cons

Management seem very secretive and quite frankly out of their depth! Hopefully this review will force much needed improvement!!

Swinton Insurance2018-04-03

April 26, 2018Social Media Manager

Thank you for your feedback. The review of how we operate has meant we needed to make some difficult decisions to ensure that we can bring the appropriate levels of service to all of our customers. This review will enable us to take the best of what we had before, and build a platform on which to grow in the future. We are working closely with affected colleagues. If you would like to speak to someone, please call our team on 0161 233 3850. Thanks, the Swinton team.

8. "Great people to work with"

Former Employee - Sales Executive in Leicester, England

I worked at Swinton Insurance part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

great people to work with, we all worked as a team. They are very flexible in work/life balance.

Cons

We used to get great bonuses but not anymore, systems are very temperamental so can be frustrating do your day to day job.

Swinton Insurance2018-01-08

"Some positives, but the axe is being sharpened as cuts are always in the pipeline."

2.0
    Former Employee - Analyst in Manchester, England

I worked at Swinton Insurance full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people. Some excellent line managers. Lots of projects to get involved with. Great deal of change as Swinton are trying to catch up with rivals after years of lagging behind. New office in a city centre location.

Cons

Unsecure, as lots of change means lots of cuts. This means jobs are in the firing line. Redundancies often dealt with in a very unsympathetic manner by senior management. Reluctance of departments/areas to take ownership of processes and procedures. Poor benefits package.

Swinton Insurance2017-07-01

July 4, 2017Social Media Manager

Thank you for your feedback. We understand that the changes within Swinton have been difficult ones as we have undergone a transition to a more digitally-focused company. As you have indicated in your review, it has been essential to alter the way we work in order to meet the changing needs of our customers. All staff were consulted throughout each stage of the process and support was available for all affected staff. However if you think more could have been done or you have specific feedback you would like to give about the consultation process please let us know. You can contact our Recruitment team directly on 0161 233 3822, they will be happy to discuss this.

"Rapidly declining company - customer service manager"

1.0
    Former Employee - Customer Service Manager

I worked at Swinton Insurance full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

USED to be a really exciting place to work where your efforts were actually rewarded. Great people and great customers and previously great leaders. Customers still to this day enjoy the local and personal service... sadly this can no longer be offered to 50% of existing LOYAL customers

Cons

WOW, where to start?! Change change and more change. Staff are rewarded with pay decreases and given more work to do?! Now a broker who can't refer so unless you fit the limited criteria of the idilic customer they crave you won't be able to renew nor will they be able to quote you, this a far cry from "the dream" of the exec team presented to us some 18 months ago? Restricted policies, terrible systems, bad management and poor investments have led to the 3rd batch of branch closures in 6 years but this has been blamed on customers buying habits? The internet correct me if I'm wrong has existed a lot longer than 18 months as have comparison sites..... no one will accept responsibility for the demise of a once great and loved company. Sadly Swinton are loosing a lot of loyal, experienced and knowledgeable staff and also a lot of loyal and happy customers. This all down to bad investment and decision making. Not customer buying habits!!!

Swinton Insurance2017-06-06

June 12, 2017Social Media Manager

Thank you for your feedback. We understand that the changes within Swinton have been difficult ones as we have undergone a transition to a more digitally-focused company. It has been essential to alter the way we work in order to meet the changing needs of our customers. If you wish to discuss these issues any further, please contact our Recruitment team directly on 0161 233 3822, who will be able to assist.

Found 20 reviews