Synchrony Fraud Representative Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Synchrony Fraud Representative Reviews

Updated 23 Oct 2018

4.6
Synchrony CEO Margaret M. Keane (no image)
Margaret M. Keane
  1. "full time english fraud representative"

Current Employee - Fraud Representative in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Synchrony full-time for more than a year

Pros

they offer a lot of assistance to when you first start the job. They also give you time off right at the start. you do not need to wait a long time before taking time off. they also have excellent benefits.

Cons

there are really no cons when it comes to this job. t

Synchrony2018-10-23
  2. "It was a wonderful experience"

Fraud Representative in Kettering, OH

I worked at Synchrony for more than 3 years

Pros

They have Good Benefits and their time off policy gives you work and home balance they are very understanding and try to accommodate you

Cons

Some scheduling consist working weekends some consist of working until midnight depends what position You take and what is offered

Advice to Management

N/a

Synchrony2018-03-05

"A good company with room to grow."

Current Employee - Senior Fraud Representative in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Synchrony full-time for more than a year

Pros

There are a lot of opportunities/programs to develop yourself further. If you are interested in another department or function, it is very easy to find someone to job shadow to increase your understanding of the role. Everyone is very friendly and genuinely wants to see you succeed.

Cons

It's very difficult to move to a function outside of operations if you are starting in the customer service call center. The starting pay is higher in other call centers.

Synchrony2017-05-21
  4. "Senior Fraud Specialist"

Current Contractor - Fraud Representative in Hyderābād

I have been working at Synchrony for less than a year

Pros

There work culture is awesome.In your work you get help from all the othet senior colleagues."WORLD'S BEST PLACE TO WORK"

Cons

No Negative Comments.As the company is the best place to work in

Advice to Management

Nothing😆

Synchrony2016-12-15

"Fraud Representative"

Current Employee - Fraud Representative in Canton, OH

I have been working at Synchrony full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great Benefits and an amazing amount of days off.

Cons

This is the worst job i Have ever had. They lie to the employees from the beginning. They do not care about the customers. I have been told on a number of occasions that I am too friendly with the customers even when the customers are complimenting me and thanking me and I have kept them a client it is too friendly. My department does the most work and saves the company so much money and we get nothing for it. I am... here until I can find a real job. If you are a white straight male with a degree don't even bother because at Synchrony they don't hire/promote the most qualified they promote their friends.

Advice to Management

Hire managers with management skills. Consider college degrees when promoting not friends. The discrimination is unbelievable here.

Synchrony2016-12-11

"Fraud Specialist"

Fraud Representative in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Synchrony

Pros

Good training classes and take home materials to study.

Cons

Days off are not guaranteed, even holidays.

Advice to Management

Be more flexible with granting time off for employees

Synchrony2016-03-24

"VeRy UnOrganIzed and Brutal with the Performance standards."

Former Employee - Fraud Representative in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Synchrony full-time for less than a year

Pros

Nice looking facility, Nice People around you and friendly Enviroment ! Ultra modern facitlity with cool activities .

Cons

Managers don't know anything and hold employees accountable . Quality assurance is brutal they will fail you on a good call for the smallest thing . Forget bonuses because of the quality assurance team. You can work your butt off but if the quality team gives you a zero you can hang it up for the month. Which a zero could be something as simple as not moving a telephone number or coding something wrong . They... preach this is how you learn !!!! But when you are put on a write up they have no flexibility on that ? All write ups stick with you for a year reguarless of how mild the situation is . Managers stand around and have meetings allday. No weekends off no weekend rotation, 2 months to request a sat off in advance or more. Department should be mon-fri but isn't because of unecessary work load . Saturdays you are pretty much cleaning up the store associates messes on applications allday (nothing frd related ).No flexibility in days off most split days no two consecutive days off . Shotgun meetings this needs to be done immeadiatley no time to figure it out . No growth within the company whatso ever ! Also they don't consider that most of there clients are elderly or broken english speakers which makes the job more difficult. Phone system isn't very clear because they monitor every call you take. You get 12 evaluations per month which is overkill most banks only do four to six on a agent. Benefits are not that good you have to meet a $800m deductable most is $ 500 before paying out 80%. You have a 500 balance on a wage card but that still leave $ 300 to pay out . Then what kills me when you go to the doctor its not automatically deducted you have to submit a request ? Very High turnover rate in the department and noone cares. Not sure how the company was when it was GE but I wish I had of known better. Very strict rules no flexibility whatsoever on anything so just know that .

Advice to Management

Desolve the AHT let the Frd agents be able to do a good job ! Or Allow Investigations in canton to do the harder more detailed work like TNFS. Come up with a 3 part Grading scale like most banks so that it would be less personal. Promote people on the floor to managment instead of hiring people that have never touched the job and have no empathy. You can't drain blood from a turnip then expect people to stay. The... Fraud department is a revolving door a training class every 6 weeks . The guy thats over that department is nice and he tries but his hands are tied I just really feel bad for him. I would really think about it before considering a long term future here . Most agents last one year max and thats a super good one . Stop with the constant changes every month and holding your employees accountable for them immeadiatley. Increase the pay to a decent wage for the expectations you guys hold people too. Other banks would have changes ever 6 months to a year . Synchrony Financial has no idea what they want to do every month its different .

Synchrony2015-05-22