Synchrony Fraud Specialist Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Synchrony Fraud Specialist Reviews

Updated Oct 3, 2019

Synchrony President & CEO Margaret M. Keane (no image)
Margaret M. Keane

"Run like Walmart did!"

Current Employee - Fraud Specialist in Kettering, OH

I have been working at Synchrony full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Benefits and Flexible time it's a job and you get paid,

Cons

Synchrony continues to decline, They focus on diversity and inclusive sexuality instead of qualified candidates. Promotions are based on personal relationships not performance. It's not what you know, but who you know. This company is filled with a bunch of unqualified managers walking around with laptops having meetings all day accomplishing absolutely nothing. Human Resources is terrible a bunch of AVP and VP... titles and these people have no interpersonal skills and could not find their way out of a paper bag. Management is comprised of friends of friends of family. This company is a joke and has gone way down hill. If you do manage to get promoted they will eventually send your job to Manila or India. If you want to work in a ghetto trap with laptops and pride flags this is the place for you. You will be scared and confused all at the same time.

Advice to Management

Having a degree does not make you qualified or smart! I know you want to be a inclusive but if someone is slow, they may not qualify to be a manager or in a lead position.

Synchrony2019-10-04
  2. "Good company"

Current Employee - Fraud Specialist

I have been working at Synchrony full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Adaptability, employee friendly, great place to work

Cons

Sometimes it gets difficult to move

Advice to Management

None

Synchrony2019-06-17
  3. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Fraud Specialist

I have been working at Synchrony full-time for more than a year

Pros

Development Opportunities, great culture, lots of diversity.

Cons

None to share, none to share

Synchrony2019-04-14
  4. "Not a good place for career goals"

Former Employee - Fraud Prevention Specialist in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Synchrony full-time for more than a year

Pros

Benefits are great, pay is decent

Cons

Very bias in management selections and management admitting mistakes

Advice to Management

improve diversity in management outside of LGBT community

Synchrony2019-02-11
  5. "Senior Fraud Specialist"

Former Employee - Senior Fraud Specialist in Canton, OH

I worked at Synchrony full-time for more than a year

Pros

Managers and leaders were very supportive and helpful. It was a very happy place to work. I enjoyed working with the clients and customers and helping them resolve their issues. The pay and benefits were great.

Cons

Only that I had to leave there

Synchrony2018-02-28

"fraud specialist"

Former Employee - Fraud Specialist in Old Bridge, NJ

I worked at Synchrony full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

great teammates, made many good friends here

Cons

low pay, micro management, nitpicking

Synchrony2017-05-17
  7. "Fraud Investigation Specialist"

Fraud Investigation Specialist in Hyderābād

I worked at Synchrony for less than a year

Pros

Good work life balance environment.

Cons

Nothing as far as I have experienced.

Synchrony2017-01-04

"Fraud Universal Rep"

Current Employee - Fraud Specialist in Kettering, OH

I have been working at Synchrony full-time for more than a year

Pros

Very easy to network and establish connections within the business. Jon postings are always available, with the opportunity to move to different functions and locations.

Cons

Compensation isn't competitive. Gossipy culture. Poor mid-level management. No true development opportunities. Company seems to prefer hiring external rather than developing it's own talent.

Advice to Management

Develop internal talent, pay better, provide better incentives. People aren't happy to come to work. People do not feel appreciated.

Synchrony2016-03-05

"Credit card industry"

Current Employee - Fraud Specialist in Hyderābād

I have been working at Synchrony full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Lately learning a lot off things which I am new at. Trying to better myself each day. Hard work is my key to success

Cons

Perfect place. We do have situations in every organisation we work. That's when your skills come and makes the work easier for you..

Synchrony2015-11-09

"Disengage"

Former Employee - Fraud Specialist in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Synchrony full-time for less than a year

Pros

I don't work there anymore and I'm thankful that my days at SynBnk are over. That is the best thing about this employer. I'm so glad I don't have to go back, as it was one of the worst experiences of my entire life (and I've been through some very difficult times). I have been meaning to write this review for a very long time, but just thinking about SynBnk put me in a bad mood. I'd get angry and upset all... over again while trying to write about that horrible place. I'm at a wonderful job now and enough time has passed that I can finally write this. If it convinces even one person to NOT apply for a job with SynBnk, then it's worth it!

Cons

There are many reasons why the turnover rate at this place is so high. There are back to back training classes, yet rows upon rows of empty desks. Some people quit during training, once they realize what a horrible place they've signed up with. Every day on local talk radio, there's an ad played regarding open positions at SynBnk and I know it means they're still understaffed. I smile every time I hear it... because I know I'm driving to a job that I love, and NOT to SynBnk. I will list some specific cons, but I'm only scratching the surface here. *Employees are made to feel that they are constantly on the verge of being fired, no matter how good they are at the job. Even "star" employees will up and rage quit in the middle of the day. *Favoritism is a problem. Suddenly there's new positions custom-created for a select few people. *Disciplinary action is constantly taken against people for the dumbest of reasons. Each disciplinary action sticks with you for ONE ENTIRE YEAR, no matter how insignificant the "violation" was. *There is no room for cutting anyone some slack, no matter what the circumstances were. It doesn't matter if you or your child had an emergency; the rules are the RULES and everyone must abide by them. *Examples of things people were disciplined for, that I know of: using the f-word while on lunch break, across the street while talking to a friend in a casual conversation, where no customers could've overheard; being 1 minute late clocking in or out; using your sick day benefit for what they deem is too many times even though you have enough hours; etc. *Policies are explained in the most vague way possible. If you ask for clarification, you'll find that different co-workers are given different answers from different managers. Yet, you are held responsible for following all the policies and it's your fault if you interpreted the written guidelines differently than how the person punishing you saw them. *When a new process or procedure or anything comes out, they're fond of tacking this phrase to the end of it: "failure to comply will result in disciplinary action, up to and including termination." Am I just there to be punished, or am I at work??!! *You are micro-manged to death. *You are not treated like an adult, but as a misbehaving child *You have to stick to corporate-approved scripts while on calls, and some of them contain lies. *Not only does management treat employees horrible, but the company as a whole treats customers horrible. You only needs to look at BBB's site to see proof of what I'm talking about. *Even if logical reason led you to believe that the person on the phone was an ID thief, you were not allowed to act based on evidence or your own thinking skills. Rather, you had to "follow the process." If the ID thief could pass the screening tests, then they could get away with doing whatever they wanted to do. *"Following the process" per company rules and regulations could leave actual cardholders stranded,or repeatedly unable to use their cards despite making the same kinds of purchases at the same kinds of merchants. *Having to participate in treating customers so poorly (or else I'd get fired) HONESTLY had me in tears after work some days. *Every negative comment I've read about SynBnk on Glassdoor is 100% true. I still feel I've listed the bare minimum. Basically, avoid this place like the plague.

Advice to Management

Threats, disciplinary action, and unrealistic goals do not make employees accountable or harder workers: they cause them to become your ex-employees. Learn to listen to what employees have to say, instead of defending the reasons why doing things the way you're doing them cannot and will not change.

Synchrony2015-10-18