Synectics Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 17 September 2018

3.8
Carol Shanahan

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Best place I've worked"

Current Employee - Developer in Bursledon, England
    Current Employee - Developer in Bursledon, England

I have been working at Synectics Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Fantastic culture, friendly people, interesting work.

Cons

Nothing that I can think of

Advice to Management

Keep it up :)

2. "IT support"

I worked at Synectics Solutions full-time

Pros

Overall enjoyed working at this company

Cons

Long hours, high pressure at times

3. "Really enjoyed my time there"

Former Employee - Test Analyst in Newcastle under Lyme, England
    Former Employee - Test Analyst in Newcastle under Lyme, England

I worked at Synectics Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I was part of the testing team for 3 years and loved my time at Synectics. If it wasn't for the long distance I was traveling, I would still be there.

The atmosphere was exceptionally friendly and really felt like one big family.

Nurturers offered tea and coffee alot and were always a joy to talk to throughout the day.

In house subsidised canteen (The Coach House) whereby you could order food through the intranet and get it delivered to your desk.

Testing team was only 5 members so your input and improvement views were always taken onboard.

Cons

* The working processes were a little annoying as release notes (exported from JIRA) and defect logs were handled via excel documents.

* Followed waterfall methodologies with quarterly releases which meant huge release notes and 2 week out of hours roll outs.

* All testing was manual and bugs logged onto excel spreadsheets. I have heard there is an automation team now which is good.

Got the feeling you had to be in an inner circle to be promoted

* Many years ago so may be different now

4. "Community Spirit"

I have been working at Synectics Solutions (More than 3 years)

Pros

Community both with the business and in the local area is amazing, the business is so supportive to its staff. We have flexible working and managers are open to covering time for doctors etc.. its very give an take. We work alot with charities and there is always an event to do or just sponsor. Amazing team spirits around a vast mixture of activities from football friday to sewing groups there is something for everyone. Tea ladies are like 2nd Mums to us all and the coachhouse food is fantastic.

Cons

Cant think of any at all

Advice to Management

keep doing as you are doing :)

5. "Working at Synectics"

I have been working at Synectics Solutions full-time

Pros

Great people to work with. You won't find a better place to work where your colleagues truly feel like family.

Great support from colleagues on both work related and non work related issues. If you find yourself in a difficult spot then don't worry you will have a good group of people to look after you.

Food hospitality is very good and brings a lot of daily conveniences. I find myself saving money and time on meals by using the in house food service. A lot of healthy options too for nutritionists and gym enthusiasts.

Cons

Unfortunately the pay isn't very competitive compared to other companies around the area. The location of the area isn't prime due to the large amount of traffic in Stoke itself makes it rather difficult to access conveniently. Expect travel inconveniences around Burslem.

6. "Great company values"

I have been working at Synectics Solutions full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great company values and well managed. Company takes care of its staff and there is a great culture to the company

Cons

There should be greater transparency with pay and consistency around flexible working throughout the company

Advice to Management

Never lose your culture of the company and continue to consider flexible working policies throughout the business to ensure its fair and consistent in all areas of the business

"Good but not great"

I have been working at Synectics Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Relaxed place to work, family atmosphere. Growing rapidly, so you would think there would be plenty of opportunity. The majority of people are talented and friendly. Good fringe benefits.

Cons

Salaries are not very competitive, Nepotistic, so hard to see where senior opportunities will arise. No link between performance and reward. Non Technical departments need better structure and leadership.

Advice to Management

Get rid of favouritism. Make employee appraisals meaningful. Give people individual role based goals they can actually effect and reward them properly when they are attained.

8. "Very Promising Company"

Current Employee - IT Department in Stoke-on-Trent, England
    Current Employee - IT Department in Stoke-on-Trent, England

I have been working at Synectics Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Friendly, relaxed, engaging working environment where you feel like a name not a number. The company also make a real effort to make sure people interact with each other
    - Synectics listen to staff feedback and make positive changes based on it
    - The company makes work a community rather than a corporate environment
    - Onsite catering/tea ladies at reduced price
    - 25 day holidays
    - There is lots of room for development and people are encouraged to develop themselves with multiple training opportunities given
    - People will be given there job role however there are lots of opportunities to explore other areas allowing people to develop a wide range of skills
    - People are always willing to help each other and you feel like can speak to staff of any level

Cons

- Some software is outdated due to costs
    - There is a lack of consistency between areas of the business when it comes to manager discretion e.g. Some departments can work from home when they choose or won't have to make time up for doctors appointments where as in others this is heavily frowned upon. There should be a consistent rule
    - Introduce pay grades - fair for job and ensure there is a similar pay internally across departments
    - Documented processes - a lot of information is in people's heads which introduces risk if they aren't around/leave

Advice to Management

Ensure staff are treated equally throughout the business, this applies to the differences in wage between departments (and teams) and the flexibility.

9. "Still Learning"

Pros

people, food and culture. Family atmosphere, trusted to work.

Cons

still working these out. The company needs to grow mentally

Advice to Management

you are not a small company any more. Need to watch what your staff are doing with appropiate measures

10. "Never want to leave"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stoke-on-Trent, England
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stoke-on-Trent, England

I have been working at Synectics Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing people, culture and values.
    Interesting work
    Good benefits

Cons

Training is an area that has been a little lacking but have seen huge improvements recently.