Sytner Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

4.4
Sytner Chief Executive Officer Darren Edwards
Darren Edwards

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Sincerity regarding their desire to be the best company to work for in the industry" (in 7 reviews)

• "5 day a week rota, which is rare in motor industry sales, but has always been in place as the company want a work life balance" (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "None sincerely a great company to work for" (in 5 reviews)

• "There are no Cons working for Sytner" (in 5 reviews)

"Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Hostess/Receptionist in Maidenhead, England
    Current Employee - Hostess/Receptionist in Maidenhead, England

I have been working at Sytner part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

All the staff are very friendly, professional and brilliant to work with. Sytner treats it's employees brilliantly and I love working for them.

Cons

I can't think of any!

12 Dec 2018 – Sytner HR Team

Thank you for your review, it is part of our commitments to be ‘famous for delighting our colleagues’, so I am happy to know you feel this coming through in the company.

2. "They’re ok"

Former Employee - Sales Executive and Used Car Manager in Stoke-on-Trent, England

I worked at Sytner full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They have good basic pay packages and benefits

Cons

Absolutely love a meeting. Will normally have a meeting to discuss starting a meeting

Advice to Management

Concentrate on improving staff rather than meaningless stats

12 Dec 2018 – Sytner HR Team

Thank you for leaving a review. If you had any further feedback or ideas on how we can continue to better the company then please contact us by emailing hradministration@sytner.co.uk so that we can... More

"Great company to work for - encouraging and supportive!"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Solihull, England
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Solihull, England

I have been working at Sytner full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I have worked for Sytner for the past 8 years, 6 as a sales executive and 2 as a manager.
    Starting out as a young female in the motor industry I was supported and championed by all the management team at the dealership. This support has continued throughout my career with Sytner.
    Sytner is actively creating an environment of inclusion and flexibility and is committed to making the motor industry a viable option for everyone.
    Flexible working hours for everyone and 5 day working weeks for sales executives and sales managers is fantastic and demonstrates just how forward thinking Sytner is.
    I would encourage anyone to consider a career within Sytner as it is an amazing company to work for.

Cons

I haven't encountered any cons working for Sytner

Advice to Management

Continue supporting your employees and champion them to succeed.

16 Nov 2018 – Sytner HR Team

Thank you for taking time to leave your review, we really do appreciate your comments. It is part of our commitments to be ‘famous for delighting our colleagues’ and strive to have a ‘One Team... More

4. "Ok"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ascot, England
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ascot, England

I have been working at Sytner full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good friendly people. Good manager. Helpful colleagues.

Cons

A smoke screen for hours and work load. Recently reading a quote from the CEO about flexible and good hours. I work 45 hours a week for next to minimum wage the information he gave is inaccurate. No flexibility on hours whatsoever. Any benefits are only really helpful to higher ups as they are benefits that still cost fortune to save a bit of money.

Advice to Management

Be honest about hours in first interviews.

6 Dec 2018 – Sytner HR Team

Thank you for your feedback and we are sorry to hear we have fallen short of your expectations. Sytner is committed to finding family friendly flexible working solutions for all our colleagues and... More

5. "Divisonal HR Manager"

I have been working at Sytner full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There is a fantastic inclusive culture at Sytner where everyone is welcome and every ones ideas and opinions are valued. There is so much support and encouragement from across the Company that it has been so easy to settle in and I certainly don't feel new after being here 8 weeks. Everyone has been so friendly where ever I have gone and I have never worked for an Organisation where everyone is so passionate about what they do and this is shown daily. My manager is fantastic and is very supportive, my opinions are heard and I have been allowed autonomy, which is something I have never had before. It is definitely a meritocracy environment where if you work hard you will do well here and I think it's amazing how much Sytner have home grown a lot of their talent and promoted through the ranks. The learning and development structure is excellent and I am amazed at how much they do and how much they support our colleagues. There are so many training courses that are available and they clearly value their people, the courses add so much value and are a fantastic opportunity to colleagues to cross network. I have had a fantastic start to my career to far with Sytner and I am very excited for the future!

Cons

There have been no negatives!

16 Nov 2018 – Sytner HR Team

Thank you for leaving a review, we are grateful for your feedback and comments. It is part of our commitments to ‘work together’, we as a company are proud of all of our colleagues, who work together... More

6. "Clarity"

I have been working at Sytner full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They really encourage you to do well. Head Office based training is first class. Lots of opportunity to encourage a great work ethic, hard work pays well which I’m all for.. Fantastic opportunity to work hard and reap some great rewards. Great first couple of weeks. Really enjoyable. I’d have recommended this company.

Cons

On site training is rubbish. Thrown in at the deep end and you either sink or swim. I thought Sytner was changing the stereo type the car industry has. I was wrong. If your strong willed and have broad shoulders you’ll be fine. Not for the faint hearted or anyone who’s needy. There’s a lot of bad language and back stabbing that goes on. Colleagues that resort to underhand tactics. I’ve not dealt with HR personally yet over issues I’ve had but heard it’s a waste of time as with most large companies, corporate bullying and intimidation just gets ignored as dealing with it is an inconvenience.

Advice to Management

Find out what’s really going on in the work place. I was sold coming to this industry that is was changing. Not in my work place. New employees are made to feel undervalued, get intimidated and you either join the click or don’t. I have no intention of joining any click, will demonstrate what I can offer without trying to bribe favouritism from Managers, and let my actions speak for myself. Some bad old practices need ironing out and people need recognising for what they can offer, without back stabbing colleagues and participating in underhand tactics, which Managers turn a blind eye to..

27 Nov 2018 – Sytner HR Team

Hi, firstly I would like to thank you for taking the time out to leave a review.

We would like to look in to the concerns which have been flagged up in your comments.

If you can please contact... More

"Outstanding company to work for"

Current Employee - Divisional Senior Manager in Bristol, England
    Current Employee - Divisional Senior Manager in Bristol, England

I have been working at Sytner full-time

Pros

I recently joined the Mercedes Benz division and I’m so pleased I made the difficult decision to move from my previous employer. I have never worked for a company who genuinely care about their employees and do their utmost to ensure that every single individual feels valued, appreciated and most importantly enjoys working for them. Everyone lives and breathes their values and this resonates across every single dealership I have visited. The induction and training and development offered across the business is industry leading and the support offered to dealerships is second to none. I am really looking forward to enjoying a long lasting career at Sytner.

Cons

None at all so far.

Advice to Management

Continue to support, appreciate and invest in your teams.

16 Nov 2018 – Sytner HR Team

Thank you for taking time to leave a review, we very much appreciate your feedback. We have made it a recent focal point in our commitments to ‘develop talent’ and ‘build careers’ so it is great to... More

8. "Talk the talk - don't walk the walk"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stockport, England
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stockport, England

I have been working at Sytner full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Steady job mostly nice people

Cons

Happy to drive staff into the ground to maximum their own profit circle - recent helpline doesn't address the problem of stress - just a way of management saying "we've done OUR bit"
    Bullying is rife as is sexism

Advice to Management

Find ways of reducing staff stress by improving work life balance

16 Nov 2018 – Sytner HR Team

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

We are in the process of looking in to the concerns which have been flagged up in your comments.

If you can please contact... More

"6 Months In"

I have been working at Sytner full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great working for a prestige brand. Th expectations are high and Sytner have the resources available to promote the best out of staff.

Cons

Some staff seem to have been hired to fill the numbers and act in an unprofessional and inexperienced manner. Management are too soft to act on this, leading to a poor team spirit, excessive arguments and the job proving more challenging than it should be.

Advice to Management

Certain staff need to be held to account of their behaviour and correct systems and practices should be used for the benefit of the entire department. Those who go the extra mile should be given proper credit to promote a positive spirit.

If you can... More

10. "Working for Sytner"

Current Employee - Sales Executive in Knaresborough, England
    Current Employee - Sales Executive in Knaresborough, England

I have been working at Sytner full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very Ethical company who look after their customers and their staff

Cons

It’s a big company but try very hard to make it feel like a family

Advice to Management

None to give as they are a breath of fresh air compared to my last Employer

12 Oct 2018 – Sytner HR Team

Hi, thank you for your positive feedback!

We strive to have a ‘One Team’ ethos which helps to give us a 'family feel', so I am happy to know you feel this support coming through in the company... More