T J Morris Assistant Manager Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Tom Morris
  1. "Assistant Manager"

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Craigavon, Northern Ireland

I worked at T J Morris full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great Atmosphere and great fun to work there. Loved it most of the time and always had good support from all management. I miss it!

Cons

Long hours as senior management.

T J Morris2018-10-08

"Assistant manager"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Blackpool, England

I have been working at T J Morris full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The good thing is you can show and share your ideas what and how you think stock should go on a shelf.

Cons

The worst is not taking the time to find the right managers and taking just anyone and not training at all. If they show you once expect you should know . Learning by making a mistakes . Managers have favourite and always giving them better shifts and anything they want . I've work hard for 5 years with the company and always did my best . It wasn't a hard decision to leave at all. I am so glad I did it !

Advice to Management

... appreciate the one that work hard and always smile and say thank you

T J Morris2017-06-07

"Discraceful"

Assistant Manager in Letchworth Garden City, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at T J Morris for less than a year

Pros

Good training plan initially in Liverpool.

Cons

Can sack you without needing a reason and lie about you

Advice to Management

I was a assistant manager in home bargains in letchworth until i was sacked this week. The company is one of if not the worst i have ever worked for in 20 years of management. They expect the managers to do nearly 50 hours a week and it is back breaking and highly physical with hardly any staff. The staff you do have are treated poorly and work all the hours under the sun. They are expected to stay until the jobs... done so basically have no socisl lives. Which is the same for the managers. The planning and organisation in the store i was in was nowhere to be seen. They was no holiday planning, no correct scheduling, no follow up on sickness or colleagues training with some colleagues being off every other week or turning up when they liked treating it like a hotel! Basically if you want to run things correctly and do things as they should be this is not the place. I tried to do exactly that but was then sacked by my manager and his minions for sexual harrasment which was a total load of lies. I have never been so humiliated abd upset in my life when a manager and his team can falsify a store like this to get me out of the store because they dont like the fact that I am trying to run things right. Home Bargains is not a place where you can trust anyone at all especially if they can get you out by making up Lies and concucting stories like they did with Me.

T J Morris2016-11-03
  4. "Fantastic company to work for"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Sheffield, England

I have been working at T J Morris full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good pay great progression, work hard and it's recognised, approx 80% of their managers started at the bottom and they do value loyalty and hard work and they reward it.

Cons

Long hours sometimes, it's not insisted upon but not many managers get away with their 44 minimum because of the trading hours and the pace. It's easy to end up with no life!

Advice to Management

Look at your 'training' it works for long serving employees but new entrants need to be treated differently at the three week 'training' which is really not training at all if you're a newbie.

T J Morris2016-03-21