TASER Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

4.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
TASER CEO and Founder Rick Smith
Rick Smith

Pros
  • Work life balance is overall good (in 7 reviews)

• Part of something that was meaningful and helped make the world a safer place (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Sometimes the hours can get long, but the company pushes everyone to have a good work/life balance (in 11 reviews)

• Transforming and scaling company is experiencing some growing pains of hyper scale (in 8 reviews)

1. "Best move of my career by a country mile!!"

Current Employee - Managing Director in London, England
    Current Employee - Managing Director in London, England

I have been working at TASER full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I joined Taser in September 2015. The last 17 months has been amazing. No exaggeration.
    I had been at my old company for 10 years and so my next move had to be the right one. It needed to be somewhere that I could stay for 5 years plus and a place I could move up within the organisation like I had done at my previous company.
    When I decided to leave my old company I promised myself I'd take my time looking at lots of companies and have lots of interviews. Quite the opposite happened. I interviewed in London one summer's afternoon and I was so taken with the company's mission and values that I wanted to part of it. Part of something that was meaningful and helped make the world a safer place. My wife is a doctor and I had always been jealous of her pride in the fact that she was making a difference to society. Now I look forward to the day when I explain to my two year old what daddy does for a job.
    I also wanted to move from an oil tanker to a speedboat. Taser is hyper-scaling and that's an extremely exciting place to be. My old job and company seems so boring when I look back now.
    In terms of people, there is so much talent in this organisation. Talented people drive you to be your best because you don't want to let the team down.
    Work is such a big part of our lives that it has to be a fun place to work and the company is passionate about this. Some companies try and make their culture fun by organising the odd social. At Taser it's part of the fabric of the organisation. Not just a box ticking exercise.
    As for the future, you only have to look at what the organisation has achieved in the last 2-3 years to give you an idea of what trajectory we are on. Product innovations and success in the international territories are going to take us to the next level and I feel privileged to be part of it.

Cons

When you scale at the rate we are there are always going to be a few processes that need changing to adapt to the new normal

2. "Great Place to Work if You're a Competitor"

Current Employee - Sales in Scottsdale, AZ (US)
    Current Employee - Sales in Scottsdale, AZ (US)

I have been working at TASER full-time (More than a year)

Pros

People: engaging, collaborative, with lots of intellectual horsepower
    Mission: what we do makes a tangible difference every day

Cons

When a company is in hyper-growth mode, it's difficult to fix systems. It's like repairing an airplane while mid-flight.

Advice to Management

Keep bringing on badasses and don't be afraid to constantly push limits.

"Having a blast, being challenged, and part of a great team and mission."

Current Employee - Product Designer in Seattle, WA (US)
    Current Employee - Product Designer in Seattle, WA (US)

I have been working at TASER full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've found that this is a place where you have a great amount of control over your destiny. If you come in with a positive outgoing attitude and do good work, you'll find you have greater responsibility and opportunities for impact. The people are great, really smart and supportive and welcoming. I've never been more excited or motivated by work than I am here, and I've never had more impact on users and products than I do here. They keep the bar high, leadership makes a point of making themselves available to employees, and the company is generous with benefits and employee activities and events.

Cons

The company is growing quickly, which is a sign of success, but also has the potential to put strain on the company's culture, so things could change in the future, but we've grown a lot while I've been at the company and it still feels like a good place to be. Our growth has also helped motivate the company to improve the benefits offerings and maternity leave policies.

Advice to Management

Continue to do what makes working at Axon so great!

5. "Executive Administrative Assistant"

Current Employee - Executive Administrative Assistant in Scottsdale, AZ (US)
    Current Employee - Executive Administrative Assistant in Scottsdale, AZ (US)

I have been working at TASER full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I absolutely love working for Taser! The people are amazing! They are open and diverse in their thinking and very passionate about providing quality products and services to law enforcement and the community. I also feel that leadership is committed to providing an environment that motivates employees to work hard, but to also relax and have some fun!

Cons

We need more patio tables and chairs on the rooftop deck for lunch enjoyment, as well as outdoor meeting space.

"Great Company For High Performers"

Current Employee - Senior Regional Sales Manager
    Current Employee - Senior Regional Sales Manager

I have been working at TASER full-time (More than a year)

Pros

TASER Axon is a powerful mission driven organization where the work you do really does matter. Coming from a Fortune 500 CRM company, I rolled the dice and took what I thought was a considerable risk coming to TASER Axon. I do not regret the decision for a single second. If you are in a similar place and considering coming to TASER Axon here a few things I have found after making the transition. This is a real technology company that is the leader in public safety. The people here are incredibly intelligent, supportive, hardworking, accountable and are a heck of a lot of fun to work with. This is a company where everyone is aligned to achieve the mission of making our communities safer. Internal politics will not get in your way to get the job done. The amount of support I have received has been amazing. The sales team is incredibly high performing and a great group to work with if you have what it takes to be a top performer and not make excuses. As a senior member on the technology sales team, I have the autonomy and resources to get the job done and wake up every day happy knowing that the work I do makes a real difference.

Cons

Not really any major cons to mention. This company is growing fast and we are on a rocket ship. With that comes a level of pressure that is to be expected. Because of the rapid growth, being adaptable to change is critical. If you are used to hiding under multiple layers of management and just getting by, this is not the place for you.

Advice to Management

Continue to drive innovation and the fun performance based culture through the growth we are experiencing.

"Best Place I've Worked"

Current Employee - Regional Representative in New York, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Regional Representative in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at TASER full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Unlimited paid time off, constant travel, qualify employees, challenging sales cycle, and a team that's driven by innovation and results. If you're a good salesmen who is looking for a challenge, wants to make the world a better place, and interested in taking yourself to the next level this is it.

I never thought I'd find a company that was going to treat me how they treat me. I'm treated with the utmost respect even though I'm young, they don't micromanage you and let you conduct business, and are there to support you when needed. I feel like I've landed my dream job! The earning potential is there, you just have to be willing to put in the hours.

Cons

The company is growing at a breakneck speed, and management knows this. The biggest con I've faced is lack of bandwidth. Some people are stretched thin but what else can you expect from a company that added 300 employees in a year, and is still adding more. We're scaling at a fast pace, and innovating at a faster pace. Sometimes I wish I had a faster response for some things, but this is all being resolved.

Advice to Management

Don't fall behind, we're leading now but can fall behind at any time. Keep up the strong work!

8. "Outstanding place to work!"

I have been working at TASER full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Fantastic culture, passionate people and management support that is there to help people succeed. You get to work on products that make the world a safer place. Rafting trips down the Grand Canyon, extended maternity and paternity leave and a liberal vacation policy are just a few of the great benefits.

Cons

Sometimes the hours can get long, but the company pushes everyone to have a good work/life balance.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work hiring the best and the brightest.

"Wow, just wow."

Current Employee - Engineer in Scottsdale, AZ (US)
    Current Employee - Engineer in Scottsdale, AZ (US)

I have been working at TASER full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Unlimited time off (salary employees only).
    Cool building that has rooftop covered patio.
    Stable business with no sign of decline.
    Chance to get a Tesla 3 with certain positions right now.
    Old culture people are great to work with.

Cons

Culture change is killing the company.
    Work life balance is terrible- other reviews that say it's good are lies. Expect to work 10+ hours a day regularly, weekends, and get surprise deadlines the day of or the day before.
    Bonuses are going down even when profit is going up.
    Bad code ethics and sloppy code.
    Quality is going down.
    Lacking covered parking and close parking.
    Leadership roles seem to only be filled with abrasive people when they are opened.
    Spring cleaning of lower employees every year.
    Over spending for stupid ideas, no spending for good ideas.

Advice to Management

You're trying to be cool and hip, but coming off stupid. Stop trying to copy what you see other companies doing and do what your employees actually want. You love putting out surveys but then just saying 'if you don't like it here, you should leave' rather than addressing the issues that are brought up. Work is frustrating. Not because it's difficult or because the people I work with are difficult, but because management and upper management make stupid decisions. Think before you act.

"Electrical Engineer"

Former Employee - Electrical Engineer in Scottsdale, AZ (US)
    Former Employee - Electrical Engineer in Scottsdale, AZ (US)

I worked at TASER full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Life savings and officer worn video products

Cons

Long hours, low pay, management

"Could be great!"

I have been working at TASER full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

TASER has a fast paced atmosphere that many people thrive on, including myself. You don't get board like at the big box companies. TASER has considerably grown and is constantly trying to get to the next level in innovation and technology while keeping the pace onto greatness. This organization could be great!

Cons

As with all companies that experience exponential growth, there are pains. Unfortunately due to this relatively young organization and culture, the pains are not handled appropriately or in a timely manner and great people end up leaving. Some members of the management team do not accept the advice of others on how to minimize these growing pains.

Advice to Management

Benchmark other companies management styles and take value in what is learned. Accept the constructive criticism of those around you that have been in the industry for decades. Do not make uneducated judgments without proper consultation. Lead by example and the organization will follow you anywhere.