TCi Tire Centers "michelin" Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

TCi Tire Centers Employee Reviews about "michelin"

Updated 15 Mar 2018

TCi Tire Centers COO & President Don Byrd (no image)
Don Byrd
Pros
Cons
  • "It's too bad because 1 person in an upper management role has ruined a good region(in 6 reviews)

• "Being a Michelin subsidiary but not treated with the same respect & values as the people that work at the Michelin headquarters(in 6 reviews)

Reviews about "michelin"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Credit Manager"

No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at TCi Tire Centers full-time

Pros

Flexibility that allows remote work access to retain talent. Flexibility to create a good work/home life balance. Good work environment.

Cons

Very slim staff, when people are lost they are not replaced. Being a Michelin subsidiary but not treated with the same respect & values as the people that work at the Michelin headquarters

TCi Tire Centers2018-03-15

"Supporting Staff"

Supporting Commercial Staff in Dallas, TX

I have been working at TCi Tire Centers

Pros

The co-workers at the store level. Trying to be a part of a working family. Michelin has a great name out in the real world. Communication at the store level is great. Safety is a big focus which is great.

Cons

Upper Management is out of touch. Every 3 months its a new direction. Get out of the way when it comes to the selling process, too much micro-management. Focus on trying to help employees reach their individual goals and store goals. More boots on the ground to learn what the customer wants. Also too many other Michelin Commercial dealers that can sell the same product for less than TCI. Maybe try a show and process like "undercover boss"

Advice to Management

Main office mainly comes from Michelin.. there is a big difference between a manufacturing company and a service company. Focus on building a great relationship on your current employees. Learn and listen to the "service side" of the business.

TCi Tire Centers2015-08-21

"The blind leading the blind. Upper Management way too large, and inexperienced at the field level."

Current Employee - Commercial Sales

I have been working at TCi Tire Centers full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The people I work with are fantastic. Some of the best in the industry. The company is owned by Michelin Group, which provides a sense of security no matter how poor the performance. Training is provided, not always efficient, but extensive so much to make up for the lack of efficiency.

Cons

Too many people with little or no field experience in upper management. Many of those in upper management come from Michelin (a manufacturing company) to run TCI a service company. Benchmarks are unattainable, and unrealistic. They want to increase service offerings before being fully capable of handling the current offerings. The sales commission compensation program is sub-par.

Advice to Management

Invest more into the service that you say your centered on. Do not set unrealistic expectations year after year. This only causes stress at the center levels, and a huge turnover in middle management.

TCi Tire Centers2015-03-17
  4. "TCI Tire Centers Employee Review"

Current Employee - Light Mechanical Project Manager in Duncan, SC

I have been working at TCi Tire Centers full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

(1) The best people to work with that you could ask for work within TCI. (2) Being a Michelin owned company, the financial stability of the company gives it's employees a sense of stability more than that of a small company. (3) TCI Tire Centers offers an HR department that goes above and beyond to assist it's employees with all matters in an expeditious manner.

Cons

(1) Our company has sold off certain business sections in the past few years due to various reasons. Mostly due to market conditions to make our company and Michelin a better force in the market place. (2) Our upper management has went through changes in the past year. These concerns have caused our employess to become uneasy about their future with TCI.

Advice to Management

(1) Grow our company by adding more locations, add expanding services such as Michelin Truck Care and update the current centers to levels where they may provide those additional services that will allow our company to optimize our profit potential and goals. (2) Have those that are chosen for our upper management committ to a minimum of three years so as to give our employees and customers a sense of stability within our company.

TCi Tire Centers2014-06-17

"Good Attitude and Commitment to Service Excellance will Get You Hired ..."

Current Employee - Center Manager in Lubbock, TX

I have been working at TCi Tire Centers full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

At every level within this company there are opportunities to grow and move up. We have found our dedication to providing the best customer service possible has trickled all the way down to our entry level positions and and those are the faces our customer sees everyday. It's those folks who will one day become the leaders in our company.

Cons

When your Company is owed by Michelin NA. how could there be any cons

TCi Tire Centers2013-10-21
  6. "Employees treated poorly, seniority means nothing, discarded like trash, poor quality work, non union, at will"

Current Employee - Manufacturing in Northwest, OH

I have been working at TCi Tire Centers full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

401k is top notch if you are there long enough to accumulate anything with such low pay. Health Benefits Good but change every other year.

Cons

Anyone who can be a yes man can be a manager here, and their own application process states clearly no experience in the Tire Industry Necessary. Most of their best Managers have either been shoved out the door or forced to retire or worse. This is not the Company that was started by Jim Berlin in Ohio. It went bad after he sold it. 5 CEO's since 1998? So many management wannabe's have used this place to put the word manager on their resume it's not even funny. Craftsmanship is horrible, professionalism lacking, Michelin would do themselves justice in selling this liability as it's no asset.

Advice to Management

Practice what you preach. Your own Managers laugh at your daily safety meetings and your safety rating does not indicate your attempts to deal with the issues in your stores. Safety shoes are not worn by some. Supervisors do nothing but walk around and talk to their buddies and talk on their cell phones. Workers that smoke often get to stand outside for 2 hrs a day smoking and then get paid OT when they do not get their jobs done. Daley manufacturing musts are never if ever followed by the production workers but they sure can put on a good show when an auditor is coming. Then they just slide back into bad habits. Eating at their posts everyday and doing very substandard work. Managers are verbally abusive to employees and are are only worried about their bonus split you give them every year at the sake of the workers who really should be getting the money. It's disgraceful how much big talk the Senior management has put into really doing nothing to improve worker environment through managers, all mouth music. Places really need to have undercover bosses put into them to watch what kind of real work habits go on, sad. Only a good union might possibly save this company but they preach non union crap which works to the companies advantage in letting them get away with what ever they want to with employees.

TCi Tire Centers2012-09-13