TCi Tire Centers "owned by michelin" Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

TCi Tire Centers Employee Reviews about "owned by michelin"

Updated 10 Feb 2016

TCi Tire Centers COO & President Don Byrd (no image)
Don Byrd
Pros
Cons
  • "It's too bad because 1 person in an upper management role has ruined a good region(in 6 reviews)

• "Being a Michelin subsidiary but not treated with the same respect & values as the people that work at the Michelin headquarters(in 6 reviews)

Reviews about "owned by michelin"

Return to all Reviews

"Not a well managed company!!!"

Former Employee - Dealer Development Manager

I worked at TCi Tire Centers full-time for more than a year

Pros

Decent pay, good group to work with at the local level. Owned by Michelin.

Cons

MANAGEMENT!! They put targets on your back and nit pick until they find something to complain about. Too much micro management! The region I worked in had a terrible manager, yet upper management doesn't see it. It's too bad because 1 person in an upper management role has ruined a good region!!

Advice to Management

Pull your heads out of the sand!! Figure out that all the turnover in a Region means it's the person above them and not that many bad/poor employees!!!

TCi Tire Centers2016-02-10

"General Manager"

General Manager

I worked at TCi Tire Centers

Pros

Very little to say good about this company. TCI is Michelin owned yet they are asked to sell Michelin tires at a premium to their biggest competitor ATD (American Tire Distributors) which makes it difficult for their dealers to not feel cheated. However since Michelin believes they have superior products they insist that TCI sell at a premium those products to help hold a higher price point.

Cons

They want everyone to work harder, smarter and more efficiently with the only motivation being that the employee will keep their job. Most of the employee's at our facility had to take significant pay cuts as corporate mandated "no overtime" and expected the employees to work harder and faster thus eliminating overtime and in some cases regular time hours for the pay week. Effectively making pay cuts.

Advice to Management

Understand that when a dealer can buy the same identical product from TCI's largest competitor their loyalty will be diminished. Get rid of the people who don't want to work and don't have a strong work ethic and then pay those who do the work more so as to keep the best.

TCi Tire Centers2015-07-30

"The blind leading the blind. Upper Management way too large, and inexperienced at the field level."

Current Employee - Commercial Sales

I have been working at TCi Tire Centers full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The people I work with are fantastic. Some of the best in the industry. The company is owned by Michelin Group, which provides a sense of security no matter how poor the performance. Training is provided, not always efficient, but extensive so much to make up for the lack of efficiency.

Cons

Too many people with little or no field experience in upper management. Many of those in upper management come from Michelin (a manufacturing company) to run TCI a service company. Benchmarks are unattainable, and unrealistic. They want to increase service offerings before being fully capable of handling the current offerings. The sales commission compensation program is sub-par.

Advice to Management

Invest more into the service that you say your centered on. Do not set unrealistic expectations year after year. This only causes stress at the center levels, and a huge turnover in middle management.

TCi Tire Centers2015-03-17
  4. "TCI Tire Centers Employee Review"

Current Employee - Light Mechanical Project Manager in Duncan, SC

I have been working at TCi Tire Centers full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

(1) The best people to work with that you could ask for work within TCI. (2) Being a Michelin owned company, the financial stability of the company gives it's employees a sense of stability more than that of a small company. (3) TCI Tire Centers offers an HR department that goes above and beyond to assist it's employees with all matters in an expeditious manner.

Cons

(1) Our company has sold off certain business sections in the past few years due to various reasons. Mostly due to market conditions to make our company and Michelin a better force in the market place. (2) Our upper management has went through changes in the past year. These concerns have caused our employess to become uneasy about their future with TCI.

Advice to Management

(1) Grow our company by adding more locations, add expanding services such as Michelin Truck Care and update the current centers to levels where they may provide those additional services that will allow our company to optimize our profit potential and goals. (2) Have those that are chosen for our upper management committ to a minimum of three years so as to give our employees and customers a sense of stability within our company.

TCi Tire Centers2014-06-17

"Great career opportunities!"

I have been working at TCi Tire Centers full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

If you do a good job you can move up within the company. Great managers, they appreciate hard work. Owned by Michelin - strong values and stability. I've been with TCI for over 10 years and hope to continue a long term career with them.

Cons

There's lots to do and not always enough people to do it. Business results driven by market conditions - ups and downs.

TCi Tire Centers2013-09-06

"False Promises and Changing Plans"

Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at TCi Tire Centers full-time

Pros

Great center managers who truely try to look out for the employees. Good health insurance program...very reasonable. Owned by Michelin which in turn helps for backing the tires we sell.

Cons

Constantly changing commission programs that are very hard if not impossible to hit each quarter...keep for paying the workers so that corporate can keep hiring more employees. Ridiculous increases in sales over previous years sales. Vehicle reimbursement program is difficult to understand and does not cover the costs of the driving we do since you must own a full size truck and you are regularly hauling tires in the truck.

Advice to Management

Make sales goals obtainable and listen to your center managers as well as sales people since we are the ones that know what is happening in the field.

TCi Tire Centers2012-10-15