TE Connectivity IT Operations Analyst Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Found 7 reviews

3.2
TE Connectivity CEO Terrence Curtin
Terrence Curtin
  1. "Good starting jobs with opportunities to learn new things."

Current Employee - IT Operations Analyst in Brno

I have been working at TE Connectivity full-time for more than a year

Pros

good middle mgmt, good equipment wise, opportunity to learn something from domain experts

Cons

open space, missing long term solutions, missing bigger cooperation among same teams at different plants, lacking comunication

TE Connectivity2019-05-09
  2. "IT OPERATION ANALYST"

Current Employee - IT Operation Analyst in Tangier

I have been working at TE Connectivity full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Information Technology professional with over 12 years’ experience in analyzing business problems and developing workable technical solutions. Very capable with a proven ability to ensure the smooth running of Information and communications technology (ICT) systems and to provide IT services. I have 7 years as EDS & HP employee supporting the IT Delphi Morocco account.

Cons

I might be an engineer and my salary could be different from yours for a variety of reasons

Advice to Management

think about everyday and a list of practical resources to help you improve your management skills.

TE Connectivity2017-11-07
  3. "IT Operations Analyst"

Former Employee - IT Operations Analyst in Menlo Park, CA

I worked at TE Connectivity full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Have great benefits and excellent work conditions

Cons

Nothing to report. Perfect working conditions

TE Connectivity2017-02-20

"Operations"

Current Employee - IT Operations Analyst in Harrisburg, PA

I have been working at TE Connectivity full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The benefits are good (but definitely getting worse), an amazing 401k match program (best I've ever seen). No ridiculous dress codes etc.

Cons

Outsourcing their IT department. No loyalty to employees, typical big office politics, upper management doesn't care about anything but pinching pennies at the expense of employees. Big disconnect and getting worse.

Advice to Management

Quit outsourcing and/or shipping job offshore

TE Connectivity2016-10-08

"You Don't How Bad It Is There Until You're Gone."

Former Employee - IT Operations Analyst in Harrisburg, PA

I worked at TE Connectivity full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good benefits, decent working environment.

Cons

Too much management by "cult of personality." Too much lip-service towards improvement with little delivery. Too much valuation of politics over performance and too many turf battles. Budgets cut constantly and overdue projects left incomplete. Constant pressure to handcraft solutions rather than implementing identical commercially available technology.

Advice to Management

Think of the long-term rather than your annual bonus. Keep your promises. Listen to your employees.

TE Connectivity2013-07-08
  6. "View of IT Operations"

Former Employee - IT Operations Analyst in Eatontown, NJ
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at TE Connectivity full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

TE offers competitive benefits and a (mostly) casual work environment. Depending on the position, you may be able to negotiate a specific starting time for the workday. The company's size means that technology is always being updated, so it presents a good opportunity to learn new skills.

Cons

The business units and departments generally work very poorly with others. There is a bunker mentality in some of the groups that I had to deal with. Not every group was like this, but the ones that were made life more difficult. IT positions also require on-call support. Majority of jobs in the US are in Harrisburg, PA.

Advice to Management

My advice to upper management is to examine the way various groups interact with each other. One way to do this is to analyze the projects that require collaboration across groups and see which projects are not progressing. Sit in on meetings about these projects.

TE Connectivity2013-05-06
  7. "Great Employer"

Current Employee - IT Operations Analyst in Harrisburg, PA

I have been working at TE Connectivity

Pros

Communication between departments is stressed. Management has done a fine job of pushing new web technologies for collaboration. Management seems to know that pushing technology to the next level is key to progressing as a company.

Cons

The company is very large. It is very easy to get lost in the crowd. I sometimes feel like I could easily not show up for work and no-one would notice that I was gone.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. Don't forget that information technology is extremely important to keeping the company running efficiently and smoothly.

TE Connectivity2009-06-07