TE Connectivity "upper management" Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

TE Connectivity Employee Reviews about "upper management"

Updated 19 Jul 2019

Found 1235 reviews

3.5
TE Connectivity CEO Terrence Curtin
Terrence Curtin
Pros
Cons
  • "follow through on initiatives from upper management(in 42 reviews)

• "Some business units like Industrial are playing lip service to inclusion efforts(in 38 reviews)

Reviews about "upper management"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Crap"

Former Employee - Site Manager in Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England, England

I worked at TE Connectivity full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

There are none. Sorry I'm supposed to write 20 words of good things but there are none. Now that's 20

Cons

Upper management are useless and don't care about anyone. Would not recommend this company to anyone. Now Stay well clear.

Advice to Management

Treat people the same as you would like to be treated unless you you like be treated like dirt.

TE Connectivity2016-02-25

"Largest Component Manufacturer"

Current Employee - Sales in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at TE Connectivity full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good reception and attention from distribution network due to TE's market position. TE has a fast paced results-driven environment, and is very inclusive and diverse in it's management team.

Cons

TE upper management is pushed by quarter to quarter results and is constantly scrutinizing the sales team with excessive reporting and immediate fire storm deadlines, often resulting in analysis-paralysis, and less face immdiate with customers.

Advice to Management

Allow your sales teams time to visit customers and scale back the reporting and online meetings.

TE Connectivity2019-03-04
  3. "I like it"

Current Employee - Business Process Analyst in Middletown, PA

I have been working at TE Connectivity full-time for more than a year

Pros

- rotation program - competitive pay - many business units - many opportunities - TEOA - Kaizens - development driven

Cons

- lack of strategic alignment - follow through on initiatives from upper management

TE Connectivity2019-03-06
  4. "Sales Engineer"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at TE Connectivity full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good immediate management, easy access to product managers and schedulers- excellent customer service team

Cons

A little heavy in middle and upper management- big company = red tape and electronic paperwork

TE Connectivity2018-03-19
  5. "Materials Supply Analyis"

Former Employee - Material Supply Analysis III in Kings Mountain, NC

I worked at TE Connectivity full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

good salary, good people, good working conditions, very safe.

Cons

Moving too much product Chain and many levels of upper management that are disconnected from the real working environment who make the company what it is

Advice to Management

hold senior management more accountable, plant go to the plant and talk to the people who really do the work they make the company money.

TE Connectivity2018-01-01

"Management is not fully involved"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilsonville, OR

I have been working at TE Connectivity full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

People, several of the people who work here have been here for 20+ years, great people to work with, willing to help out.

Cons

Several upper management changes over the past 6 years has left several areas decimated with only one person to cover several peoples jobs, this will lead to burn out and the current set of management has been able to mess with several people and they have left the company.

Advice to Management

Let your people do their jobs and stop playing games with their carriers

TE Connectivity2017-12-18
  7. "Supervisor"

I have been working at TE Connectivity full-time

Pros

Paid very well llew yrev daiP

Cons

There is an exceedingly huge disconnect from upper management down the chain

Advice to Management

Stop sucking

TE Connectivity2017-03-30

"Great Products and Vision; Sensitive to Market Trends; Poor Execution, Funding and Utilization of Talent"

I worked at TE Connectivity full-time

Pros

The company as a whole was a great company. Being a very large global company your work environment depended a lot on what you given location was whether it be in a plant or an office space. It basically comes with all the similar problems and benefits of being at a large (72,000+) company. Benefits and compensation were some of the best in my local area especially for engineering. The work from an engineers standpoint...

Cons

While they had a clear vision of where they want to take the company especially locally for even my plant the execution was tough. Management would have high aspirations and goals that would never pan out due to funding. TE reacts very much so with the markets and economic trends. One year we are expanding and doing well and the next we might be buckling down and experiencing layoffs. In the end it suffered from red-tape...

Advice to Management

Make sure there is a clear line of communication from the very top all the way to the people working on the plant floors. Too often the rumor mill gets stirring and messages get lost. I would see upper management of the BU set a vision out that I would agree with but then locally I would never see us execute towards it. Also make sure you talent is properly aligned and take advantage of.

TE Connectivity2017-01-02
    • "Great company"

Former Employee - Business Systems Analyst III in Barcelona

I worked at TE Connectivity full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great organization and systems. Your can develop great projects. It is a great experience and great capabilities to work worldwide. Treat employees quite fairly.

Cons

Too bureaucratic and limited innovation. Some management might limit your career. No rotation at upper management. Management positions are covered for decades. IT has been almost completely subcontracted.

TE Connectivity2016-11-22
    • ""Little" Top Heavy"

I have been working at TE Connectivity full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Ok benefits, good 401k plan, good work-life balance, a lot of really talented colleagues

Cons

Very heavy in executive and upper management, a lot of initiatives being forced at the lower level without providing the appropriate resources, moving so fast on "perfection" initiatives that we don't have time to keep the foundation solid

Advice to Management

Before casting further initiatives that remove resources necessary to keep producing quality products on time, please take a look at the current issues some locations face and prioritize appropriately. The initiatives themselves aren't bad, however when faced without the right resources to complete them, it takes away from what is really important.

TE Connectivity2016-10-21