TNTP "hard working" Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

TNTP Employee Reviews about "hard working"

Updated 13 Jun 2018

3.8
TNTP CEO Dan Weisberg
Dan Weisberg
Pros
  • "The flexibility to work from home is a perk(in 11 reviews)

• "Working with uniformly great, hard-working and supportive people is motivating and makes the challenging work feel worth it(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "Work life balance can be tough at times(in 25 reviews)

• "They tell you in the interview that the average week is at least 50 hours(in 6 reviews)

Reviews about "hard working"

Return to all Reviews

"Partner"

Former Employee - Partner

I worked at TNTP full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

- Truly outstanding colleagues - brilliant, mission-oriented, kind, hard-working people; I made amazing, life-long friends at TNTP - Culture that values effective management - I learned how to be a great manager by working under amazing managers. The talent management system is effective, transparent, and fair. - Exposure to national education landscape - Working at TNTP gives you breadth of perspective and you see how education issues manifest across regions and districts

Cons

- Virtual culture - I enjoyed working remotely, but onboarding and building friendships takes longer outside a traditional office - Travel - Most roles at TNTP require a fair amount of travel, and that can be tough for some folks

TNTP2018-06-13

"Strong culture, important work"

I have been working at TNTP full-time

Pros

Working with uniformly great, hard-working and supportive people is motivating and makes the challenging work feel worth it. There is so much different work going on that you can learn and get exposure to new areas and skills easily. Strong performance is expected. When I hear horror stories about working at other organizations that do similar work or dysfunctional corporate environments, I feel grateful to have a vastly different experience.

Cons

The work is tough and the hours can be long, similar to many non-profits or the life of a teacher. If you're not very self-motivated or able to work in a largely virtual setting, you won't be successful.

Continue reading
    TNTP2016-04-27

TNTP Response

May 2, 2016Senior Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for your feedback.

Continue reading

"Top Tier Ed Nonprofit Org"

I have been working at TNTP full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Like most ed nonprofits, work-life balance is tough at TNTP, but it has less "churn and burn" than similar orgs. I've been here for 4 years, but most colleagues at my level have been here for 5-10. Other places that I've worked have had really rigid tracks for promotion, but TNTP is a place that values keeping talented people, even if that means creating a new role or a hybrid role for them. I feel confident that as long as I'm proving my value to the org, TNTP will find a place for me, and you don't always feel that security in other organizations. - Co-workers are amazing - everyone is smart, hard-working, and mission-driven. Jerks don't do well here. You have to be great at your job, but also a thoughtful colleague. - Compensation and benefits are very competitive for our field. - I genuinely feel like TNTP is a reflective organization. I've seen changes (both big and small) in the time that I've worked here. No org will ever be perfect, but it makes all the difference to work at a place that is actively committed to improvement - both in terms of the work itself, but also employee engagement and satisfaction.

Cons

- The virtual working environment isn't for everybody. Most of us work from home and when most of your interactions with colleagues are via email/conference call/video call, it can take longer to really feel like you have meaningful connections with your colleagues. I now have coworkers that I truly love and trust, but it took me a solid year to feel that way - when you go into a physical office those bonds form much more quickly. - Quality of experience as a staff member largely depends on the quality of your manager. TNTP values developing strong managers more than most orgs that I've worked for, but there is still a normal variance here - some folks are outstanding managers, most are at least solid, and some are not good. If you interview to work for TNTP, don't be afraid to ask really direct questions to the person that would be your manager, because your experience as a staff member will be hugely impacted by how well you work with that person.

TNTP2015-09-14

"Mission-driven, brilliant people who are working to change the face of teaching"

I have been working at TNTP full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The people are incredible and hard working. In addition, the organization values its employees and how hard they work day in and day out. It's also an extremely flexible working environment.

Cons

Work life balance is a challenge with everyone working so hard to advance the mission. Other than that, it's a great place to work!

TNTP2014-05-21

"Mission-driven, challenging, and rewarding work."

I have been working at TNTP full-time

Pros

There is a unique concentration of high-quality people at TNTP - I've never collaborated with such smart and hard-working colleagues. I've learned a ton working here, far more than any other company or academic program could have taught me. The flexibility to work from home is a perk.

Cons

Work-life balance is inconsistent across the organization - some managers do a good job protecting staff, but the org-wide culture allows some people's hours to get out of control.

TNTP2014-04-16
  6. "Great people and mission"

Former Employee - Operations Associate in Brooklyn, NY

I worked at TNTP full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

hard working and innovative staff

Cons

Always looking for the next big thing. Work life balance is a challenge

TNTP2013-07-22

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 6 reviews