TRU//ST Payments Reviews

Updated 6 Jul 2020

4.5
TRU//ST Payments CEO Daniel Holden
Daniel Holden
  1. "Enter The World Of Modern Development And An Amazing Company!"

I have been working at TRU//ST Payments full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Flexible working hours - Remote working - Freedom to use any IDE or text editor to develop code e.g. PyCharm, VisualStudio, emacs, vim - Using micro-services architecture for projects - Keeping up with the latest and greatest tools, packages, dependencies, and stacks - Using CICD (all the way to production!) - Using a variety of AWS services - Provision dedicated AWS environment for development all from a single commit - From day to day, colleagues and managers are extremely supportive which encourages growth of the team and ourselves - Management continuously looking out for the staff personal growth with check ins and 1-2-1 reviews - Management notice staff which are keen and encourage their growth with opportunities such as exams, courses, books, and on any materials that may help - Management are very open minded to feedback and suggestions - Friendly work environment

Cons

None as of writing this.

Continue reading
  2. "TRU//ST Payments - Engineer POV - Growing, Modern & Exciting."

I have been working at TRU//ST Payments full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The management and senior developers that are responsible for the development at TrustPayments offer nothing but constant support and highly encourage and promote personal growth. This is via a variety of methods including a personal development plan that has enabled me to develop my soft skills and also technical skills through hands on experience using the latest technology stacks and also via completing certifications. The technology world is ever changing and TrustPayments are committed to make use of the latest cutting edge technologies and development methodologies. The use of cloud computing, automation, DevSecOps being particular examples of how times are changing and TrustPayments are embracing and driving forward with that change. As an engineer with a keen want to use modern ways of development (IDE's, automation, instant messaging communication) it was important to be able to do this and Trust Payments provided just that, along with a brilliant working environment for both junior and senior developers. The office is a friendly environment with opportunities to talk to other members from different teams over a game of pool or over a video game at lunchtime. The office also provides refreshments for staff which is an added bonus.

Cons

None in terms of working at time of writing. In the last 3 years theres been a huge push towards modernisation of development methodologies and way of doing things which is highly welcomed.

3. "Great company"

Current Employee - Technical Specialist in Bangor, Gwynedd, Wales

I have been working at TRU//ST Payments full-time

Pros

Lovely company to work for. Really look after their staff! I’ve been here for roughly 8 months and it’s been great. Everyone is super friendly, kind, and helpful.

Cons

No cons what so ever.

Continue reading
  4. "Fantastic and Thriving company!"

Current Employee - IT Help Desk Technician

I have been working at TRU//ST Payments full-time

Pros

The best part of TrustPayments is the communication and courteous behaviour you get from the management. You feel very comfortable with everybody. The company is thriving and excelling beyond expectations thanks to all the staff who work hard and care.

Cons

There aren't any cons or bad points to my knowledge.

5. COVID-19

"Company is in good shape despite COVID-19, but there are some downsides"

I have been working at TRU//ST Payments full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

* Colleagues go above and beyond what is expected of them. * Friendly, close-nit team who are more than happy to help each other out. * Based in a fantastic location that’s in the heart of beautiful North Wales. * Flexible working hours.

Cons

* Lacks dedicated HR department on site - in my personal experience the company is not well-equipped to help their employees when they encounter mental or physical health problems. * Little opportunities for progression, although the company is making efforts to improve this, for instance, by offering new role vacancies to internal employees first. * Higher levels of management can be reluctant to take on board feedback/concerns of my team and other departments on site and can be defensive when challenged. * Lack of effective two-way communication between head office in London and other offices can leave some employees feeling disenfranchised.

6. "Stagnant, frustrating place to work"

2.0
    Current Employee - Content Manager in London, England

I have been working at TRU//ST Payments full-time for more than a year

Pros

Some lovely, talented people here Most people work remotely

Cons

Don't give pay rises No employee benefits Management are directionless Zero office atmosphere

January 2, 2020Office Manager

Thank you for your feedback. Like all companies, everything is based upon performance and we are working hard to create one ST culture where we reward people based on their performance. We would welcome some time in the future having a conversation with you further on this. With regards to employee benefits, we have a variety of benefits global.

"Great Sales Driven Culture .... palce for Winners and people who want to be the best"

Current Employee - Sales in London, England

I have been working at TRU//ST Payments full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great Sales leadership .. the support you on every deal. Small / agile team .. who don't micro manage ..they support you to win

Cons

Time...… need more of it to close all the deals in flow

January 2, 2020Office Manager

Thank you for this positive response. Sales are at the tip of the spear in our organization and we are here to be successful as one company and deliver value for our clients.

8. "Good company, Micro Managed"

Former Employee - Sales Executive in London, England

I worked at TRU//ST Payments full-time for more than a year

Pros

Progressive Company, Agile, Fast Moving

Cons

Micro Managed to an Extent that leaves little room for maneuver

January 2, 2020Head of Human Resources

Sorry to hear your views on what we believe is our winning sales structure. We have built to model for winners with uncapped sales quotas. We wish you all the best in your next sales mission.

9. "Software developer - good place to work"

4.0

I have been working at TRU//ST Payments full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Friendly and supportive atmosphere - Good on-boarding/mentoring scheme - Small team, interesting and varied work - Interesting/challenging changes taking place/planned to take place with the system; great opportunity to learn about new technologies - No more pair-programming practiced anymore unless it's the best approach for the task - Encouraged to express your opinions/feedback - Continuously improving and tailoring the development process by following scrum practices as closely as possible (it can be difficult to have proper inclusion of the product owner due to the complex nature of the system) - Management flexible with important personal requests - Great location

Cons

- Complex system to learn and update - Lack of extra benefits/flexible working time - Problems with communication between different departments/offices; the company is working on to improve communication but the changes take time

January 7, 2020Head of Human Resources

Great to hear you are enjoying the work. Payment systems can be complex although we are making steps to change this in the near future. Keep up the great work!

"Graduate software developer"

2.0
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at TRU//ST Payments full-time

Pros

- great training program - nice people - snacks

Cons

- Salary was definitely relative to Bangor - took advantage of student not knowing their own worth - told you should stay late to finish a task even when on schedule - London staff came up a lot for meeting to try and change things which were all time wasters - only allowed to use terminal for some reason, no IDEs which would have been so much better. - pair programming mandatory. - Incredibly strict

January 7, 2020Head of Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback, we do invest a lot of time in our new employees to ensure that they receive the correct levels of training. Wishing you the best in your new job.

Found 32 reviews