TSS (Total Security Services) Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

TSS (Total Security Services) Reviews

Updated 1 Dec 2019

2.8
TSS (Total Security Services) CEO Ricky Gardezi (no image)
Ricky Gardezi
Pros
  • "Always paid on time and correctly(in 12 reviews)

• "Regular shifts,very good area manager not so good client staff(in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • "Control room and area managers there to help with any issues(in 16 reviews)

• "All the stores I guarded for, from the nice stores to the far less nice stores where I received near constant threats were all minimum wage(in 11 reviews)

"Working for TSS"

Current Employee - Security Guard in Bristol, England

I have been working at TSS (Total Security Services) full-time for less than a year

Pros

Plenty of hours avalible support avalible if needed

Cons

I had regular hours in one shop this had a mix of early and late shifts which was a good work/life balance this unfortunately has changed with no notice and I find myself traveling to Iots of different shops that are mostly late shifts there has been no mention of a Pay rise and find myself of less money than shelf stackers even though I have had plenty of risk to my Heath also petrol expenses are not included... retention is a problem because of the low pay other security firms are paying more and keep there staff

Advice to Management

In order to keep valued staff reward them accordingly these would encourage them to stay and money would not be wasted on having to train more guards I am proud to work to TSS and always go the extra mile with shifts etc it would be nice to be appreciated and shown in my pay

TSS (Total Security Services)2019-08-03

"Low hours and rubbish pay"

Current Employee - Door Supervisor in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at TSS (Total Security Services) part-time for less than a year

Pros

- good if you’re looking for few hours

Cons

- 4.5 hour max shift

TSS (Total Security Services)2019-11-07

"Part Time Worker"

Current Employee - Controller in London, England

I have been working at TSS (Total Security Services) part-time for more than a year

Pros

- easy to book annual leave/days off - good colleagues to work with

Cons

- don't get bank holidays off if you don't book them off

Advice to Management

treat people as you want to be treated

TSS (Total Security Services)2019-11-19
  4. "Need to improve"

Current Employee - Human Resources Generalist in London, England

Pros

Nice team to work with.

Cons

Feel a bit ashamed to say that as a HR person this organisation leaves me very uncomfortable. Unethical and uncaring company that takes advantage of Officers who don’t know their rights or the law.

Advice to Management

HR is here to be an unbiased service not a puppet to Directors.

TSS (Total Security Services)2019-12-01
  5. "Good company"

Current Employee - Security Guard in Preston, North West England, England
    No Opinion of CEO

Pros

Nice people to work for

Cons

You get threats and can be hard decisions to kake

Advice to Management

Good company but need more guards

TSS (Total Security Services)2019-10-14

"A honest review please read"

Current Employee - Security Officer in London, England

I have been working at TSS (Total Security Services) full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

They employ anyone, regardless of ability so if you need experience in security this is the place to go to, but please think very carefully, it will not be a good experience. There are always shifts in Tesco available. (If that is actually a pro) You get a badge after 3 years of service and a special tie.

Cons

You will get told lies of progression and pay rises just so you continue with your shifts. A year will pass with not a word, and then another year, and all this time you are keeping the area managers happy because they have there stores/sites accounted for. Favouritism comes before ability with this company and the favouritism comes with those that are to scared to stand up to the area managers that pressure... you to the point of depression that you have to work. Treated as a body, not a human being. No chance of progression. Area managers will threaten you with less work if you do not do them a 'favour' forgetting all the previous 'favours' you have done for them with no recognition. Rude and threatening area managers. No sick pay. Terrible pay rate. No appreciation. No support, you are just one of thousands of bodies that are expected to fill a space in a store or a site.

Advice to Management

Security officers keep the company going and without us no one would be in a job. The idea of the company is to get the highest turnover but here is some advice, unhappy staff leads to a poor work ethic and then standards drop. Some more advice, some of your big contracts now know which circumstances we are working under and they are far from happy, and therefore they are begrudging paying TSS what they do... because the front line, which is us are being treated poorly for doing our job really well and keeping the contracts going and we are not treated like we mean anything. Also look at what other security companies are paying there employees compared to us, it is appalling, I do not need to tell you this I am sure you are all already aware of this. Management should treat employees with respect and courtesy. A happy company is a thriving company. Expect to lose some big contracts soon for the sake of treating your most valuable staff as no bodies, the managers of the contracts you have are aware of the way you treat us with the pay rate, the pressure we are under to 'abide' by all your requests with no consideration for us as human beings. Lastly, if I was Ricky Gardezi I would have a look at the company as a whole, maybe the money is coming in but for how long? You should see how we are treated by area managers. Is it normal that I get more support from the site I work at than the company I actually work for? This company needs to be gutted out and a whole rebuild needs to be done, before its too late for TSS.

TSS (Total Security Services)2019-10-24
  7. "Flexible work"

Former Employee - Security Officer in Bristol, England

I worked at TSS (Total Security Services) part-time for more than a year

Pros

Many outlets to work around the country

Cons

bad salaries and call during off days

TSS (Total Security Services)2019-09-15
  8. "Good company"

Current Employee - Security Officer in Belfast, Northern Ireland

Pros

Paid for your lunch breaks.

Cons

Should have some perks for there staff.

Advice to Management

NONE

TSS (Total Security Services)2019-09-14

"a security company is nothing without its guards"

Current Employee - Security Officer in Bath, England

I have been working at TSS (Total Security Services) full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

i was paid on time.

Cons

unsuitable work .no management support

Advice to Management

when you remove a guard always look at why the problem has arose.is it the same management...involved from the store??.maybe problem with them,not the tss guards.remember a security company is nothing without its guards.i always report anyone or anything that is suspicious.

TSS (Total Security Services)2019-09-14
  10. "Good"

Former Employee - Network Engineer

I worked at TSS (Total Security Services) full-time

Pros

Nice place to work and nice organization

Cons

Work hard and very good promotion

TSS (Total Security Services)2019-08-10