TSYS|Total System Services Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

TSYS|Total System Services CEO Troy Woods
Troy Woods

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "It will be ok NO work life balance" (in 18 reviews)

• "Fraud Department "Occurences", policy is just written not used, does not care about family members of the team, no work life balance" (in 9 reviews)

"You can be what you want to be"

Former Employee - Director Level TMS in Milton Keynes, England
    Former Employee - Director Level TMS in Milton Keynes, England

Pros

Great opportunities at every level, you just need to be as enthusiastic as possible - people will help but it's your career. Some great people and a real positive attitude to make things happen.

Cons

As the business has become more successful issues like parking have come up - if you work there it's a good thing - it means business is good. Some unpleasant people at the parent which is a shame.

Advice to Management

Don't ever forget that it's the staff on the floor who make as much of an impact as everyone else.

2. "Good place to work. Relaxed atmosphere"

I worked at TSYS|Total System Services full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Relaxed working environment. Cheap canteen and free gym on site.

Cons

Long working hours. Lack of communication from senior management. Poor organisational issues

Advice to Management

Communication communication and don't keep staff in the dark.

3. "Average for a first job I guess"

I have been working at TSYS|Total System Services full-time

Pros

There are lots of people in the same age group as me (19-25 mainly) so it was easy for me to make friends. There is definitely room for progression which is good but it’s whether or not you’ll stick around long enough to actually progress which is 6 months. The food is pretty nice and for a good price as well.

Cons

First of all the pay is not good at all for the amount you have to do. It’s the minimum wage...I mean I got more money working In retail. I was informed that i’ll be on a salary but of course that changed when I arrived. The shift patterns are ridiculous. I also got told before the interview that I’d be working one in three weekends which I thought wasn’t bad but upon working I found out that it can vary and you could end up working 3 weekends in a row..and that isn’t even the half of it. For the shifts, you have to flex which means you HAVE to be available in-between 6am-11pm Monday-Sunday AND you could end up working 10 days in a row with only 3 days off then potentially another 10 days on. I’ve also heard stories of people getting sacked over the silliest of things without any support or warnings so this job doesn’t seem secure. Since being here I’ve found out that so many people end up leaving and barely stay here 3 months and some of the people who have stayed more have said that it doesn’t go quick. However, if you can get past the crazy shift patterns and the minimum pay it could be an ideal place for you as you can progress. There’s a lot of eye candy there too;).

Advice to Management

Please consider changing the shift patterns or at least increase the pay for the colleagues for the amount of work you put them through!

4. "Great"

I worked at TSYS|Total System Services full-time

Pros

Really great for a entry level job

Cons

Very monotonous but thats life

Advice to Management

Great

5. "Fast paced work environment"

Former Employee - Customer Service Advisor in Milton Keynes, England
    Former Employee - Customer Service Advisor in Milton Keynes, England

I worked at TSYS|Total System Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free drinks: water, coffee and chocolate. Regular social activities organised in the office, comfortable work environment.

Cons

Biased team managers, little to no opportunity to go work in other internal departments.

Advice to Management

Provide more opportunities to work across other departments.

"Worst worst worst"

I worked at TSYS|Total System Services full-time

Pros

The Location is quite good

Cons

To begin with, the higher managers will linger on the process for as much time as they can. They will never have an answer on first call and they never call back for anything. It feels like that they are so cheap and saves money in calling. After so many months they will surely get u to give an interview and hire you cause the turnover rate is higher. The work environment and salary is very cheap too.

Advice to Management

Resign please

"Can I give it 0 stars????"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Milton Keynes, England
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Milton Keynes, England

I have been working at TSYS|Total System Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Dress down Fridays....That. Is. It.

Cons

Ever changing schedule
    Zero, nada, zilch work/life balance
    High employee turnover
    The company does not care about you
    You’re just a bum on a seat
    Customer service agents are seen as nothing
    A LOT of favouritism by the managers and ops managers
    You’re literally earning PEANUTS
    Only the “cool” people are able to advance their careers.
    I can go on and on but just take my advise, DO👏🏾NOT👏🏾WORK👏🏾HERE👏🏾

Advice to Management

*eye roll*

"Virgin money customer services advisor in Milton Keynes."

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Caldecott, England
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Caldecott, England

I have been working at TSYS|Total System Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people I work with

Cons

TSYS is reputable in the sense that it's popular. They moved me to supervisor and even management duties while keeping me on the same pay £16,500. What a joke. I was training people on the same money as me and in most cases, the people I trained were on *more* money because they came via agency. No step up programme; opportunities would only rise if a person left from finding a better job (not difficult.) They should understand that for the money they offer, for the actual job, for the hours they make you work, the lack of benefits to the role they should at least support you. Have decent and professional management. Not a chance. They've been hiring managers who know absolutely nothing about the software and it's had an impact on our customers because no one knows anything and there's constantly customers being misadvised. The place is chaotic. If I'd have worked for Virgin directly things would have been so different. I've been so unhappy at TSYS these past few months, finding a new job about 5 mins away from the Milton Keynes office nearly £15000 more per year, 9-5 instead of shift work, amazing employee benefits - what a weight lifted off my shoulders. TSYS should recognise this and value their staff more. The senior CEO of the company told me "there's no money in the contract for an increase in pay" absolute lies.

Advice to Management

View the cons.

"Poor company promises the earth but delivers very little on these"

I worked at TSYS|Total System Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good benefits including an excellent pension scheme, healthcare and perks

Cons

Tell you untruths at interview about how the role will work, almost all employees are known as Directors or Associate Directors with zero directing ability. You don't feel valued.

Advice to Management

Flatten the structure, start delivering on interview promises and make people feel valued

10. "Tsys mangement services rating for glassdoor"

Pros

flexible,good experience in customer service

Cons

long hours at times and working weekends