TTP Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Found 36 reviews

4.5
TTP CEO Sam Hyde
Sam Hyde

"Exciting company to work for with inspiring colleagues"

Current Employee - Consultant in Melbourn, England

I have been working at TTP full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The work is at the cutting edge of technology for ambitious companies, so is both interesting and fast-paced. The organisational strucutre is flat and far more meritocratic than other companies I've worked for/with. This benefits ambitious people who seek out opportunites which is great for the kind of people we hire, but can leave others frustrated. Your career progression is your own path to manage and not... limited by internal politics or the need to 'make space'. This is daunting at first, but with mentorship and ongoing discussion you figure it out. We invest a lot in internal development projects, so good ideas have a strong chance of turning into projects or spin-outs.

Cons

The flat hierarchy and autonomy don't suit everyone. There is a lot of support, guidance and inspiration from peers and leaders if you seek it, but culturally it is assumed that you'll learn and figure things out. The culture of freedom and autonomy means that little is documented about 'how things are done'. It can take several years for a new starter to figure this out and understand how they're valuable. When... you're young this feels like an age, and some people leave before then. People have a slightly different experience across different groups within the business which depends on the style of the group leader and the type of work or industry they work in. This can mean that opportunities appear different to different people, but this should be largely perception rather than reality. Being a consultancy means that you are never entirely in control of your own destiny and you rarely get the 'glory' of launching the results of your work into the market. A project can (infrequently) stop before you feel like you've 'finished' which can be frustrating. About half the (non-voting) shares are owned by retired founders and it is a slow process to bring this ownership back into the business. Whilst there are good (collective, not individual) bonuses and dividends, profit going out of the business can be frustrating.

Advice to Management

Keep it up. The recent changes to flexibility are a great opportunity to motivate and support younger employees. Anything which helps circulate ownership back into the business is great.

TTP2019-08-29

September 18, 2019

Thank you for your comments on the organisational structure at TTP. Our culture is one where we recognise the value of our employees having the autonomy to decide what should be done and be able to use their talents to make it happen. We understand that this is a different way of ...

"A great place to work - and getting better"

Current Employee - Consultant in Cambridge, East of England, England

I have been working at TTP full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

It's a great place to work for technical people who enjoy variety and challenge and who're also interested in business. In my view it's the people make the place: smart colleagues and a collaborative culture mean it's possible to achieve a lot in a short period of time - and to have fun doing it. You're also trusted to make decisions and get on with things.

Cons

Hours can be long on occasion - but not unreasonably so. Maternity / paternity provisions were quite limited until recently, but this is now being addressed with a flexible return-to-work scheme.

Advice to Management

Maintain the unique culture while continuing to modernise the business.

TTP2019-07-15

July 29, 2019

Thank you for your feedback. We are delighted to confirm that we have recently introduced a benefit to provide support and flexibility to our new parents as they return to work. If you would like to discuss this with the team please contact recruitment@ttp.com.

3. "Good employer but...."

Former Employee - Support
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at TTP full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Good benefits and free tea and coffee

Cons

Excellent attendance and sense of duty don't count. People who play the system well will flourish

Advice to Management

Reward employees for attendance, absenteism punishes decent employees.

TTP2019-07-11

July 12, 2019

Sorry to hear about your experience. We would love to learn more to make sure this comment is with regard to TTP. Please contact us with more details at recruitment@ttp.com

"Great employer"

I worked at TTP full-time

Pros

Amazing people and projects, great summer and anniversary parties

Cons

Support staff don't get the recognition they deserve

Advice to Management

Don't forget employees further down the food chain

TTP2019-04-11

April 18, 2019

Thank you for your feedback. We are really pleased you enjoyed the projects you worked on and the time spent with colleagues at TTP. We would like to take your advice on board, if you are happy to discuss your comments further to help us, please don’t hesitate to contact us via recruitment@ttp.com.

"Great place to work! - Year in industry Internship"

Former Employee - Consultant - Intern in Cambridge, East of England, England

I worked at TTP full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people to work with, there is always an expert in the field you need help in available to answer your questions. A very good place to learn given that you work with excellent people. A great pace to improve hands on engineering skills, client facing skills, communication skills.

Cons

Location. Well connected by the train station but a bit isolated.

Advice to Management

Maybe beneficial to both parties to offer a graduate position after a successful (year in industry) internship rather than just saying "we hope you apply again for a graduate role". Overall great employee focused management, keep up the good work!

TTP2019-02-07

"good place overall"

Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at TTP full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

highly technical people; good team spirit; individual empowerment; fast pace; wide range of projects; freedom to focus on specific areas of interest

Cons

unconventional environment, it may take a while to understand how things work here and make the most of it; if expanding further, there is a risk of turning "corporate" and losing the flat structure

Advice to Management

keep true to the original ethos of the company, resist the temptation to become a corporate entity

TTP2019-01-24

"It's great to work with great people"

Current Employee - Consultant in Melbourn, England

I have been working at TTP full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great, interesting projects to work that have a tangible impact. There's freedom to choose what you do on a day to day basis, with amazing opportunities for growth across the full range of business and R&D skill sets. Get to work with bright, intelligent colleagues who are all motivated to make things happen.

Cons

The lack of strong formal management structure enables all of the above, but the flip side sometimes it can be a bit of a struggle to navigate, and can sometimes feel like herding cats.

Advice to Management

Don't change things for change's sake, but also keep striving to improve the business and adapt with the times.

TTP2018-11-22

"Brilliant, fast paced work environment."

Former Employee - Consultant in Cambridge, East of England, England

I worked at TTP full-time for more than a year

Pros

The only limit to your success and progression within ttp is your own ambition. The much touted flat hierarchy is very real, and allows one to create their own career path (within the context of business realism).

Cons

If you’re not comfortable with autonomy and personal responsibility this isn’t the place for you. It can be challenging to realise that, while there are group managers you are in many ways your own boss.

Advice to Management

Keep it up - the flat hierarchy is real, and it works. A bit more diversity wouldn’t go amiss however!

TTP2018-05-24
  9. "Excellent place to work"

I have been working at TTP full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The people, work and culture make this a brilliant place to work.

Cons

Communication could be a little better

TTP2018-05-16

"Great employer"

I have been working at TTP full-time for more than a year

Pros

Highly skilled colleagues, relevant projects.

Cons

Some politics, fixed working hours & low-quality canteen.

Advice to Management

Become more modern, flex-hours, etc.

TTP2018-01-16