TTP Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 3 Oct 2019

4.5
TTP CEO Sam Hyde
Sam Hyde

"Great environment for smart self motivated people."

Current Employee - Consultant in Cambridge, England

I have been working at TTP full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Challenging and varied work over many different industries and technologies. Opportunities for travel, but decent work life balance. Intelligent colleagues and a positive friendly culture. Flat career structure and, in my case at least, good direct boss. Very light touch management (can be a pro or a con depending on your needs). Perks include: free tennis courts, swimming, healthcare, annual bonus,... share options.

Cons

OK pay, but if you are good enough to get in you could get more (possibly at the cost of longer hours / living in London). No provision for flexible working, overtime or flexible parenting. Career development is largely self motivated. Possible to drift for years.

Advice to Management

Look for more ways to teach, reward and support ambitious employees, while maintaining the very positive friendly culture the founders have created.

TTP2014-07-15
  2. "Friendly place with lots of interesting work"

Current Employee - Consultant Engineer in Cambridge, England

I have been working at TTP full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

They offer reasonable career progression, in part because there is lots of interesting work. So there is lots of learning on the job, and the work is always challenging, and very varied.

Cons

At times it can feel a bit corporate as it has been around quite a few years now. Its size makes it not so flexible. Lots of people further up ladder have been there for yonks, so it's difficult to see where future opportunities lie.

Advice to Management

Work on dynamism and flexibility.

TTP2014-02-03
  3. "Unique company working on the forefront of technology"

Consultant in Cambridge, England

I have been working at TTP for more than 3 years

Pros

Diverse markets and technologies worked in Combination of technical work, project leadership and business development Flexible career route Good salary and benefits compared to corporate peers Fast progression/responsibility for young employees if desired Good hours

Cons

Small, so career progress is mostly about running/selling bigger projects, rather than job title or people management Personal development is largely employees responsibility - does not suit everyone. 10 miles from cambridge, but near local station

Advice to Management

To group-level: engage more and consult with employees. Many company level-issues do not appear to be discussed with group leaders or, if ever, employees. Engagement from group leaders is good.

TTP2013-09-03
  4. "Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at TTP full-time for more than a year

Pros

Interesting projects. Fast-paced environment. Autonomy. Great colleagues. Dynamic athmosphere. Beautiful science park.

Cons

Restaurant is not great and is expensive. Public transport not subsidised, so most people drive.

TTP2019-09-23
  5. "The fact that TTP works is a testament to its engineers, projects succeed in spite of TTP."

Former Employee - Consultant

I worked at TTP full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good place for early career stage, awful afterwards

Cons

Nature has taken over TTPs ‘flat’ structure and a non-spoken pecking order prevails. The culture is very manipulative, and the longer you work for them, the more you feel it, or worse you may start behaving like that, not even noticing how manipulative you may become. TTP rewards only commercial success, if your passion is truly technical TTP will chew you and spit your bones out, without a word of thank you.... If on the other hand your interests are commercial, beware you are up against the least collaborative culture you may ever find. Only hero’s may apply. Diversity is taboo in TTP, a white oxbridge male workforce dominated the company and its decisions. If you fit this description you may find a place. Culture was not friendly to women, and there was no diversity in the workforce. Don’t expect reasonable working hours, or acknowledgement of overtime.

Advice to Management

Fix the culture

TTP2019-08-20

TTP Response

August 28, 2019Marketing

Thank you for your review and sorry to hear that your experience was not all positive. It is important to say that TTP has worked hard to foster a culture of collaboration. Historically our reviews have been very positive around our collaborative culture so we are surprised to read your review and hear that this was not your experience. At TTP we pride ourselves on recruiting ‘the best candidate for the job’ regardless of ethnicity or gender. We recognise that our industry is male dominated and we have been working hard to ensure that we do our part to encourage more diversity – both within TTP and in STEM more generally – by supporting initiatives such as Cambridge LaunchPad. We have also recently launched a policy to support new parents returning to work which we hope will encourage more women to join us. We do acknowledge that we don’t always get it right and would really like to hear from you to discuss your experience further. Please contact us on recruitment@ttp.com in the strictest of confidence.

6. "Review"

No Opinion of CEO

I worked at TTP full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good Increase in salary Good Food Good Bonus

Cons

Lazy environment Worker not coperative Slow growth

TTP2018-08-30

"Great place to work, but not for everyone"

I have been working at TTP full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

A very comfortable environment that inspires creativity and encourages people to pursue their ideas

Cons

Lack of structure can be frustrating

Advice to Management

Improve infrastructure without compromising creativity

TTP2016-03-25

"Excellent experience but poor progression"

Anonymous

I worked at TTP

Pros

The work is varied and depending on the group you are in, it can be great experience. Job security is good as people can stick on in their role for decades if they want to. Plenty of highly technical colleagues. A charmed life in the long run if you want it.

Cons

Lots of cons. If you are a top candidate then you probably shouldn't go. Salaries start low and rise very cautiously. A proportion of the group net profit is set aside for bonuses. That pool is then distributed as a fixed percentage of your salary, and has no link to individual performance. Also, while the consultancy business does well, the majority of the profits are handed over to fund a loss-making... subsidiary making the bonus pool much smaller than it should be. A lot of the work in a couple of groups never reaches the market. Avoid them as the work is said to be highly demoralising.

Advice to Management

Stop funding Tonejet and give consultants the chance to be adequately rewarded for their work.

TTP2014-07-26

"Always interesting and challenging, great, relaxed working environment."

I have been working at TTP

Pros

Diverse skill sets and enthusiasm of colleagues. Very few tossers.

Cons

No time off in lieu for weekend / bank holiday working or travel for work. No overtime. No significant interest in employees' career progression.

TTP2011-08-02
  10. "Schöne Zeit"

I have been working at TTP for more than a year

Pros

großes Unternehmen, viele Einblicke, gute Arbeitszeiten

Cons

konservativ, aber auf den richtigen digitalen Weg

TTP2018-04-23