TUI Group Employee Reviews about "working environment"

Updated Jan 13, 2021

Found 16 of over 1,188 reviews

4.1
TUI Group CEO Friedrich Joussen
Friedrich Joussen
Pros
  • "Concessions based on years of service(in 42 reviews)

• "good working environment and benefits(in 29 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Long hours and no lunch break is ever taken without being rushed back (if in a busy store like me)(in 38 reviews)

• "Low salary and some unrealistic targets(in 21 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "working environment"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Fantastic environment to work and develop

Jul 25, 2019 - H R Regional Manager in Luton, East of England, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

A really friendly , flexible work environment , dedicated staff, passionate about their work to ensure we provide superb products and services to customers. - --Working From Elsewhere - our flexible working initiative - is actively encouraged, as is TuiTimeOff where you can purchase more holiday. Innovative environment , we are a Digital Company , although dont shout about it - which we should as superb career opportunities for Digital and IT Professionals working on cutting edge technologies - delivering holiday products for tomorrow. Free Ice Cream when hot is quite a good pro as well :)

Cons

Historically there have been accusations that it takes a while to get things done , being such a large organisation , however since i have been here I have seen a real passion to drive real change.

2. 4.0
      Former Employee

ok to work for

Jan 13, 2021 - Commercial Manager in Luton, East of England, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

good working environment and benefits

Cons

big company so lots of red tape

3. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

not bad

Aug 13, 2020 - Administrative in Luton, East of England, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

friendly people, good working environment

Cons

pay not great but then it never is in travel

4. 1.0
      Former Contractor, less than 1 year

Awful Company

Sep 14, 2020 - Business Intelligence Developer in Luton, East of England, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good working environment for long standing staff

Cons

Appalling Management Disjointed Strategy No vision Disrespect for new joiners by providing no oversight or proper management

5. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Relaxed

Sep 25, 2019 - Flight Operations Engineer in Luton, East of England, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent working environment and career development

Cons

Management and Senior Management issues. Incorrect vision for the department. Excess Politics. Very low salary No career progression - Not a great place to grow

6. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

TUI group

May 30, 2019 - Administrative in Luton, East of England, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

relaxed and friendly coworkers , flexible work environment

Cons

low salaries and very limited career opportunities

7. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Unrealistic expectations and ridiculous management

Dec 11, 2017 - Travel Advisor in Teesside County Borough, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Commission potential is good, pleasant and comfortable working environment, nice colleagues and good interactions with customers helped the days to pass quickly!

Cons

Unrealistic expectations for part time staff who are set targets Pro rata with no consideration for the times of day they work. Full time staff would have quieter periods on the morning and before closing in which to catch up on admin and follow up leads. I worked 11-4 when the store was busy. Even though I had customers constantly in front of me I was expected to follow up all leads I the timescale set by the company... Very hard to make phone calls to leads when you have customers in front of you, bad service to keep the next customer in store waiting longer while you make a call! Even harder to make sales when put on brochure room duty (off the sales floor) but still pulled into the office and challenged about why targets hadn't been hit for the day. Set me up for a fail then told off when the inevitable happened!

1 person found this review helpful
    8. 2.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Not a long term job

Jun 27, 2017 - Travel Advisor in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

I worked with a great group of people. Some training Fast paced work environment Something new everyday

Cons

Unrealistic expectations in terms of targets and workload Woeful commissions and low basic salary (£1 per £1000 turnover, or £4 per thousand if the shop hits its monthly target) High staff turnover- 6 people left in the 7 months i worked there in a team of around 12 people Always short of staff (team always needed an extra 2 people per shift) Overtime never paid back to me Poor and under-qualified management Very strong corporate message that, if you don't buy into, you're cast aside Terrible morale in the store due to all of these factors

1 person found this review helpful
    9. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

THE BEST TRAVEL INDUSTRY EMPLOYER

May 22, 2014 - Travel Adviser in Royal Tunbridge Wells, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good Salary Fantastic product Easy to use system Great training program Beautiful destinations Good staff offers Easy working environment Amazing team and manager

Cons

Mystery shoppers are probably one of the hardest things to deal with as they really stress you out and you feel unnatural serving when knowing they are going to come.

10. 4.0
      Former Contractor, more than 3 years

The World of TUI is a great place to work and to get recognized for individual contributions.

Oct 22, 2012 - ProgramDirector in Crawley, Hampshire, South East England, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Entrepreneurial organization with decentralized leadership; - Senior management is professional, passionate, goal- and team oriented; - Casual and informal work environment; - TUI's strategy proves to hold up well whereas its competitors are struggling during the current economic crises.

Cons

There are no cons that I can think of, although I can imagine that not all TUI countries / 250 brands are created equal. I can say the having worked for TUI Group at the HQ in the UK was a great experience.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 16 Reviews