71% would recommend to a friend
(51 total reviews)
90% approve of CEO
The latest conversations about Advertising
Got a burning question about Takumi? Just ask!
On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Takumi employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "poor growth, horrible management." (in 4 reviews)
- "There is no active CEO for this company, only board members who join a meeting once a week." (in 4 reviews)
- "The only downside to Takumi from my experience was that there was not any clear career progression." (in 3 reviews)
- "Leadership is atrocious, executives and the board have no clue what they are doing, to the extent that they lost all our money when revenue was doing well." (in 3 reviews)
Found 51 of over 57 reviews
Updated 30 Oct 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 5.030 Oct 2023Business Development ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearLondon, England
- Lots of autonomy - Great culture - High growth, all in environment
- Lack of structure could restrict those that needed more, but for me was an opportunity to grow and develop in other areas.
- 5.017 Feb 2023Senior Software EngineerCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearLondon, England
- Interesting work I have been able to work on different kinds of projects than I had worked on in my previous experience. This is both keeping me interested in the work and helping me to improve my skills. - Great team The CTO is great to work for and is amazing at setting the strategic goals for our team, as well as helping us with our technical goals. The rest of the dev team are also great people to work with - Good work/life balance - Senior management is very down to earth and is honest about their goals and the company's current performance. - Small size of the company and team means there is no red tape and a good scope of responsibility.
- A huge amount of things to do with not enough people. The silver lining here is that management is pragmatic and understanding - so I've never had to work long hours to make up for this, but rather we just have to reduce the scope of the things we work on. - The small size of the teams means there is often a single developer working on a project. - Small size of the team means there's not many opportunities for advancement
- 5.025 Apr 2023Business Operations ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 1 year
Working in a tech-focused company in a future-facing marketing sector is great, especially if you are excited by new ideas and ways of doing things. There is a huge amount of knowledge and expertise in the team so it is a great place to take a hands-on approach to learning the ropes. It's a friendly team with a flat structure so there is plenty of opportunity to make an impact.
It's not for you if you don't like getting stuck in and getting involved and making an impact. Being part of a small remote team means you have to be on the ball.
- 5.05 Apr 2023Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 1 year
The autonomy to make decisions and take ownership of my work. The trust placed in me allows me to explore my strengths and push myself to be creative and innovative.
To foster better team bonding across the UK, it would be great to have more company-wide gatherings quarterly. Additionally, increasing attendance at marketing events would help spread knowledge of key changes within our industry throughout the wider company
- 3.04 Apr 2023Campaign ManagerFormer Employee, more than 1 yearLondon, England
The platform for their service was very cool, which enabled nice influencer marketing campaigns with global brands
The turnover and senior leadership were horrible at that time. Not many opportunities to grow or feel heard, even as a small startup. Very little transparency and no company benefits.
- 5.023 Mar 2023Project Manager and Talent SpecialistCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearLondon, England
Fun Campaigns Good Pay Great colleagues which creates a fun and friendly environment Freedom to work wherever
Only con for me is that I am based in the midlands so I don't see the rest of our team in person as often.
- 2.020 Mar 2023Social Media CoordinatorFormer Employee, less than 1 yearLondon, England
A good place to learn valuable skills if you are trying to have your own agency in the future
Not welcoming , not approachable people and micromanaging is not cool
- 5.06 Mar 2023Project ManagerCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearOxford, England
Amazing sense of community! A smart, creative and innovative team to work with. Ideas and voices are always heard at TAKUMI.
We're based a lot across the world so don't get to meet up that much, however weekly company calls keep us all connectTakumi Response9mo
We love how happy you are working here and we pride ourselves on making sure our employees are listened too! We understand how hard it is being based in different locations which is why we want to ensure that we are all getting together at least twice a year in person for our away days and making sure we all keep attending our weekly stand ups.
- 1.028 Aug 2022Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee, more than 1 year
Account and project management team were very supportive. A lot of team bonding within those teams.
They do NOT care about influencers. Even though they keep preaching “influencers first”, they do not care about them as people. They do NOT care you about you either. Anyone on “the board” or with a title beginning with a C - they really only care about their egos. You’ll hear promises and promises. You’ll hear “we’re doing great” and “go team TAKUMI!” but they’ll treat you like garbage. We’ve had 3 CFOs, 2 MDs, 2 CEOs, 12 directors and many other “higher-ups”. No one was able to fix the company. Funny how my salary never went up despite of working the job of 3 people at the same time but we always had budget for a new board member. Summed up, they don’t care. Your line manager will care but they’ll have little to no impact on where the business is going.2
- 5.03 Jan 2023Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee
+ Working with the biggest names globally! +Amazing team of people + Agile business that enables opportunities
It is a start up, so it is hard work.
Takumi Reviews FAQs
Takumi has an overall rating of 3.9 out of 5, based on over 57 reviews left anonymously by employees. 71% of employees would recommend working at Takumi to a friend and 61% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 11% over the last 12 months.
71% of Takumi employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Takumi 4.0 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.6 for culture and values and 3.6 for career opportunities.