Talend Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

4.1
Talend CEO Mike Tuchen
Mike Tuchen

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "The messaging on Big Data and the Cloud was spot on" (in 19 reviews)

• "You work on many open source technologies" (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • "Lacks diversity and work life balance" (in 7 reviews)

• "Usual growing pains associated with high-growth companies -- it can be hard to keep the orchestra in sync when all instruments are playing at once" (in 3 reviews)

1. "Sales"

Former Employee - Sales in London, England
    Former Employee - Sales in London, England

I worked at Talend full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great place to work. Growing lots

Cons

None.
    Can't think of any cons.

Advice to Management

Keep going..

"Culture Like Nowhere Else!"

Current Employee - Sales in London, England
    Current Employee - Sales in London, England

I have been working at Talend (Less than a year)

Pros

Amazing Culture, Great Team, Great Technology!

Cons

None! Maidenhead is not the best place but lots of companies are here!

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

"So much better"

Former Employee - Sales Account Manager in Maidenhead, England
    Former Employee - Sales Account Manager in Maidenhead, England

I worked at Talend full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You replaced the uk sales manager and things have gone from strength to strength we are all very grateful here in the uk

Cons

Nothing to say as work environment is the uk has massively improved and people can get on with their jobs without a controlling manager

Advice to Management

Best decision ever replacing senior management team in the uk last year

"previous talend employee"

Pros

good team when i worked there

Cons

bad management decisions made, a lot changed

"Disgraceful behaviour from UK Leadership"

Current Employee - Finance in Maidenhead, England
    Current Employee - Finance in Maidenhead, England

I have been working at Talend full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have worked in Talend (Finance team) for several years. I have seen many things in this time and overall Talend is a great place to work with lots of great friends and colleagues both here in the UK and in Europe.

Cons

I just can no longer stay quiet about the complete disregard the UK leadership has for employees here. I must stress that I believe this is a localized issue and to my knowledge, does not reflect on the leaderships of other regions. A few months ago two colleagues were dismissed suddenly and we received an email alleging and implying it was because of all kinds of criminal offences. Despite requests for a meeting to clarify this, no clarification, facts or evidence has been provided to substantiate why they were dismissed.

Recently, and this was the final straw and the reason I am writing this review, a colleague who had been employed at Talend for 6 years 9 months left the company. Talend has been in existence for about 8 years so this colleague (last years salesman of the year) has played a big part in the companies success.

I found out this colleague had left when my email to him was returned undelivered. Is this the respect long term employees expect to get from Talend? No announcement, no leaving drinks, no acknowledgement of his efforts? Its just disgraceful.

Everything that's wrong in Talend UK has the same couple of peoples name against it.

Advice to Management

Its been said on here before many times, but you are not listening. Sort out the UK situation and stop overlooking all these de-moralizing things that are happening here. There's no smoke without fire. Continually turning a blind eye reflects badly on your own transparency and ethical management. How many good people will have to leave before anything is done? you keep saying in all your replies, to talk to our management. If they are the ones at fault, and global leadership do nothing about it also, then who do we talk to ???

Talend Response

31 Jan 2016 – CEO

Our culture and values are keys to our success. It’s critical that we create the right kind of environment for our team to learn, grow, and win together. When we find gaps in alignment with these... More

"Great company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

Pros

I have worked for Talend just shy of two months now, and I’ll be honest in saying that I had never heard of the company prior to being contacted by them. After researching the company and learning more about their culture, it was clear that it would be a great place to work.

One of the main reasons i joined was because of my manager, It is great working with someone who is so passionate and intelligent. I was also keen to join a company where I could see myself grow and develop, whilst learning every step of the way. The first day I started at Talend I knew I had made a the best choice of my career. We have a great product, we are market leaders and we are growing rapidly, with plans to grow even more!

The culture is exactly what I was looking for, the company invests in their staff and my colleagues have made me feel very welcomed. It’s really refreshing working with top talent!

Very happy I made the choice to move!

Cons

Nothing negative to share about Talend

"Strategic Account Manager"

Former Employee - Strategic Account Manager in Windsor, South East England, England

I worked at Talend full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fantastic product, good leadership and a fun working environment was a great place to work and make money.

Cons

Usual growing pains (stretched resources etc) associated with a start up back in 2012/13

Advice to Management

All of the advice that I would have given at the time has been implemented. Talend have a strengthened management team, streamlined their release cycle and have hardened the product. Keep it up guys!

"Valued every step of the way!"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Maidenhead, England
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Maidenhead, England

I have been working at Talend full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great Atmosphere, Great Work Ethic, Great Team, Good Benefits, and in a Progressive Market. If you sink yourself in and get involved you will be respected, appreciated and supported by everyone around you. We all see the potential here for even greater success and everyone is bought in to achieving it. There is simply no time or allowance for Hangers-On.

Cons

A growing company means change is pretty constant, so you have to be prepared for that. The systems and process in place have improved steadily over the years but still need some refinement.

Advice to Management

Keep it going! We should continue to push ourselves forward, but be careful not to overextend ourselves. Maximising the Opportunity from Big Data & Data Driven Strategies is key.

9. "A great place to work with friendly people and a product that sells!"

Current Employee - Corporate Account Executive in Maidenhead, England
    Current Employee - Corporate Account Executive in Maidenhead, England

I have been working at Talend full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Talend is one of the few companies on the verge of an IPO that is not riddled with process. You are given full autonomy and can see the potential to make truly life changing money! The company is very sales focussed with all teams fully supporting the sales people and willing to pitch in wherever and whenever support is needed!

Cons

Sometimes Intranet/strategic company or product information is difficult to find.

Advice to Management

Keep supporting the sales people and don't fall into the trap of following to much process!

"Space to Breathe"

Pros

For people who have initiative and ideas - it's a great place to be. If you just want to follow instructions - go work for a dinosaur ... and hide.

Cons

it takes 15 minutes to walk to the Pub !!! outrageous!

Advice to Management

Keep listening to the most important asset you have and then do something with what you've heard.the people on the ground have brains too - and some of them know even more than you do.