TalkTalk Group Reviews

Found 426 of over 441 reviews

3.8
TalkTalk Group CEO Tristia Harrison
Tristia Harrison
Pros
  • "Many people enjoy flexible working(in 68 reviews)

• "Great people working there, that have a wide range of experience(in 27 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Lack of clear strategy - senior management are trying to do everything - unrealistic(in 21 reviews)

• "Very fast paced, Too much going on at once(in 13 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee

Feedback

Jun 27, 2021 - Finance Manager in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent service,good stocks ,good sick leave

Cons

Salary less,less annual leave,less maternity leave

Talent Director

Thanks for your feedback. We really do listen to all feedback and improve where possible. I agree our benefits, including sick leave, are great and we constantly monitor externally to ensure we're competitive for our people. In terms of salary, we regularly benchmark this with external providers to make sure we're competitive and paying fairly for the roles people do, we will of course continue to do this. We recently did this with Maternity leave too where we extended our full Maternity pay to 18 weeks which is 3 x longer than the statutory and we mirrored this for Adoption Leave too . Paternity Leave was also increased from 2 weeks to four weeks full pay. Please do keep your feedback coming as we're always keen to hear people's views and ways we can look to improve. Thanks again.

2. 4.0
      Former Employee

Decent company

Sep 12, 2021 - Delivery Coordinator
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible, good management and understanding of employees wellbeing.

Cons

Lack of progression if you are not in with every manager in the department.

3. 4.0

Enjoyed my time

Sep 4, 2021 - Network Systems Engineer in Salford, North West England, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Lots to learn, can manage own time great employer during the pandemic

Cons

Not the most competitive payer

Talent Director

Thanks for leaving your review and I am so pleased to hear that you believe we managed the pandemic well. It was tough for us all (and continues to be) but it's down to our great people that we were able to continue serving customers so well. In terms of pay, we continue to look at this and benchmark all roles to ensure we're paying in line with the Market, If things change, we do look to address this asap. Thanks again

4. 2.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Bad change to management

Sep 16, 2021 - Finance Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible working Great officers Prayer rooms Great location for commuting too.

Cons

Inexperienced leaders in leadership roles. Requested to work weekends and over time if you want to progress. Middle management are gossips. No control on workload - more work always expected with no increase in salary. Very high attrition. Random pay increases across the department which didn't match performance.

5. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Overall great place to work and company has vision, but too much bureaucracy and not enough leadership

Sep 6, 2021 - Software Developer in Manchester, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great office, flexible working hours, working from home benefits, friendly atmosphere, plenty of employee benefits, great transparency across company.

Cons

Very slow career progression, too much bureaucracy, too many middle managers, technology seems to be a second hand thought after profits, decisions happen slowly.

6. 3.0
      Current Employee

Lots of talented people and great benefits

Aug 31, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of talented and experienced people Fantastic offices Great salary Great benefits

Cons

Terrible processes. Awful project management - constantly launching projects that fail, or rushing them through to hit crazy deadlines and then they fail. Departments don't talk to eachother.

1 person found this review helpful

Talent Director

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We are really proud of our people as they are hugely talented, you're absolutely right. We're also incredibly proud of the office space and environment in which we work. In fact we've created even more collaboration spaces recently to enable departments to get together and work cross-functionally on projects. This is really starting to pay off and with the introduction of OKRs as a way of organising our goals, we're hugely confident we'll see this translate into great customer service and products we're all proud of.

7. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Decent but certainly has it's flaws

Aug 22, 2021 - Developer in Salford, North West England, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of schemes for accredited learning

Cons

Very unorganised, too many middle managers who like to act busy to seem important but take over a week to reply to a simple query or simply don't listen to you at all. Senior leadership aren't very clear with their communications and this has been repeated throughout the business, people are fed up of ambiguous messages.

Talent Director

Hi - thanks for leaving us a review. We know we're a fast paced company and have lots to communicate and sometimes this doesn't always hit the mark but as we say here, we're 100% Human, and from time to time it could be better. Rest assured we are working hard to make sure we communicate regularly in a way that is clear, unambiguous and engaging. Our monthly strategy updates are really helping and our TalkTalk Together series has been well received in the past and we can't wait to do more this autumn.

8. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good place to work

Aug 20, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Salford, North West England, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Open and honest company, always felt included and valued, communications from CEO and senior management were good. Excellent employee engagement. Very flexible place to work, supportive of remote work and an excellent work/life balance. Great colleagues, challenging work with exposure to some interesting projects.

Cons

There is a lot of change, and that can be unsettling. Salary was on the low side when compared to market rates.

Talent Director

Thanks for the positive review. I'm delighted you saw the benefits of our transparency, it's something we work really hard at. Flexibility has always, and will always, be at the heart of working at TalkTalk. We recognise people are 100% Human and have lives outside of work and we embrace that. We take on board your feedback around change and inevitably it is something that happens in our industry in order to continuously serve our customers the very best experience - that being said we continue to work hard to ensure it is well planned, communicated an executed.

9. 4.0

Great benefits

Aug 4, 2021 - Service Assurance Agent in Manchester, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits and understanding of personal situations, work-life balance is prioritized. People are open and the company focuses on inclusivity and diversity.

Cons

Pay rises are not guaranteed every year. Overtime is available only sometimes but it is paid fairly.

Talent Director

Thanks for such a positive review. We'd like to think we have an amazing working environment and culture that is great to work in, supports people to exceed expectations whilst remaining flexible and remembering people have personal lives too. After all we're all 100% Human at the end of the day.

10. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Good company

Aug 2, 2021 - Database Administrator in Warrington, North West England, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Enjoyed working for them lots of nice people made friends

Cons

Busy office lots of people and messy desks and lighting poor

Talent Director

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a positive review. We're always incredibly proud of the people who work here - they're a passionate, hard working bunch who really get on well together. This all makes for a great working environment and culture as well as high performing teams. We love our Soapworks offices and our people seem to as well. Over the last 18 months our offices have been open however, understandably, they have been a little empty of people. This has provided us with an opportunity to create more collaboration spaces and make it a working environment we can all be proud of - and the work will continue, We just can't wait for people to come back on a flexible basis and see for themselves and enjoy what we've done.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 426 Reviews