Taylor Wimpey Reviews

Updated 12 Apr 2021

4.5
Pros
Cons
  • "feels very much senior management and then us(in 6 reviews)

• "Sometimes the work/life balance isn't right within the regional business units but I feel with recent events this is changing for the better(in 6 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. Featured Review
    COVID-19

"An outstanding company - that cares!"

Current Employee - Design & Planning Manager in Paisley, Scotland, Scotland

I have been working at Taylor Wimpey full-time

Pros

During the Covid-19 pandemic, the way Taylor Wimpey led the industry on closing sites, to opening sites and the fantastic communication in between (ie. commitment to employees, customers and sub-contractors) has all been outstanding. Whilst the company has always cared very much about Health & Safety, the work that it does, and how it treats it's employees and sub-contractors, the global pandemic required very strong leadership and Taylor Wimpey has an abundance of this! The company is not short on mottos too, but one which resonates with me is 'better tomorrow' as it shows the company's willingness to listen, learn and be better and also instils great energy and strong work ethic within it's employees. The company always seeks out the opinions of it's employees and shows that it cares very much about people generally, and the communities in which it operates. It is fair to say (and I'm not alone) that I feel very proud, and lucky, to be part of Taylor Wimpey.

Cons

Decisions sometimes take a while to materialise in Taylor Wimpey, however this is mainly due to the large size of the company.

May 21, 2020Head of Resourcing

Hello and thank you for your review. It's great to hear that the way we have interacted with employees, customers and sub contractors during this difficult time has been well received. It's so important that we continue to keep an open dialogue between these groups as we remobilise in the safest way possible. We have taken note of your comments regarding decision making - rest assured the comments made on Galssdoor are seen and heard by the most senior people in our business and I have no doubt this will be taken account when reviewing processes and systems within the organisation.

2. "okay"

Former Employee - Sales Negotiator in Northampton, England, England

I worked at Taylor Wimpey full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

good employer to work for

Cons

long hours, lots of training

April 29, 2021Head of Resourcing

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback

3. "Great opportunity and exposure"

Current Employee - Graduate

I have been working at Taylor Wimpey full-time

Pros

Great opportunity for advancement and networking

Cons

Sometimes you're not given much work to do

April 29, 2021Head of Resourcing

Hi there and thank you for your review. Good to hear you feel there is an opportunity for you to grow your career with TW. I have shared your comments with our future talent manager who looks after the development programme and we will reflect on your comments regarding workload to see if there is anything we can do!

4. "Career progression"

Current Employee - Skilled Labourer in Waterlooville, England, England

I have been working at Taylor Wimpey full-time

Pros

Work besides a highly professional team

Cons

There are no downsides currently

April 29, 2021Head of Resourcing

Thank you for such a positive review. We will endeavour to keep the professional standards high!

5. "Great Company"

Former Employee - Assistant Project Manager in Leeds, England, England

I worked at Taylor Wimpey full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good work culture and flexible working

Cons

Poor technology systems, such as outdated computers

March 11, 2021L&D Business Partner

Hello and thank you for your positive review. We wanted to take the opportunity in response to highlight some of the recent improvements Taylor Wimpey has made to our systems and devices to support our employees across the group. Over the course of the last 2 years, we have refreshed our legacy PCs with our new digital workplace. This has meant new/upgraded devices for all of our employees allowing them to work remotely with greater ease and fluidity. We were one of the first housebuilders to introduce Microsoft 365 (in 2013) and kept in pace with its new features ever since. More recently, our teams can work much more collaboratively through software like One Drive, Teams and Outlook. This carefully considered combination of software and hardware has been a key enabler for seamless working through the pandemic. We are also well into rolling out Microsoft Dynamics, a customer relationship management system designed to transform our Sales, Marketing and Customer Services functions across all our businesses and create a much-improved customer experience. We have also just updated our expenses system, so employees are now able to process expense claims entirely digitally.

6. "A great company to work for!"

Current Employee - Land & Planning Director in Exeter, England, England

I have been working at Taylor Wimpey full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Puts their employees and customers and the heart of what they do. Makes an effort to do the right thing

Cons

Sustainability agenda could be more progressive

7. "Great Employer"

4.0
    Current Employee - Senior Quantity Surveyor

I have been working at Taylor Wimpey full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

TW realise that their best assets are their employees

Cons

From my experience I cannot think of any

April 29, 2021Head of Resourcing

What a fantastic review! Thank you for your comments and taking the time to share.

8. "A GREAT Future with Taylor Wimpey !"

Current Employee - Site Manager in London, England, England

I have been working at Taylor Wimpey full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I will start by saying that Taylor Wimpey has given me a 'future' that perhaps few years ago seemed like a dream that will be impossible to achieve. At Taylor Wimpey I have had and I still have the pleasure to be part of a great team and I could confidently call them 'a second family'. My Line Manager has always supported me in achieving the best and nothing less than that and I admire him for this. There is a good level of communication in between the departments but this can be easily be improved to a 'very good' level. The Senior Management at Taylor Wimpey will make sure that you receive the best possible training. The Health and Safety Advisor at Taylor Wimpey will always make sure that the On-Site Production Team is provided with the right support in order to maintain a safe site to the highest possible standard. The Quality Manager at Taylor Wimpey will always make sure that you have the most up to date information as well as help you to achieve the highest possible standard of quality. There is a lot more to say but my main advice: work really hard and never give up and Taylor Wimpey will take care of the rest.

Cons

The Technology used could be improved i.e. less paperwork to be used Sometimes, the work load could be a little too much (this is sometimes good as it keeps you on your toes)

9. "Good company"

Current Employee - N|A in Cardiff, Wales, Wales

I have been working at Taylor Wimpey full-time for more than a year

Pros

Company look after you Good hours Great pension

Cons

Sometimes systems implemented are not advantageous to the role

10. "Employee and customer centric"

4.0
    Current Employee - Business Support Role

I have been working at Taylor Wimpey full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Taylor Wimpey really look after and focus on their employees and customers. A housebuilder that is really trying to move forwards with the times.

Cons

Can be very reactive and impulsive Not much direction coming from the top right now

Viewing 1 - 10 of 376 Reviews