Technology Services Group UK Reviews

Found 119 of over 122 reviews

4.1
Technology Services Group UK CEO Rory McKeand
Rory McKeand
Pros
  • "SMT have given clear updates & guidance during the pandemic(in 12 reviews)

• "The Senior Management team are approachable and very friendly(in 9 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Number of recent redundancies, but understandable with recent COVID strain on so many businesses(in 7 reviews)

• "No support from senior management(in 5 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Tech

227 Comments

Tech

83.2K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.uk&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Technology Services Group UK~151340
    Join the conversation on
    1. 5.0

An Honour to Work For

Nov 22, 2021 - People Development Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

The SLT are focused and collaborative in sharing a vision filtered down from the CEO to all in the company I've spoken with, which is grounded and I have no doubt will be successful. The HR team are fantastic, welcoming and so fun to engage with. They hosted a huge party recently, which was amazing and very well organized - including free food, an open bar, a glitter stand, a rodeo bull, photo booth, BONGO BINGO, dance raves and free prizes (someone won a Henry Hoover and the last prize was £1000!). One of the most fun night out's I've had in years, and certainly the best work party I've ever attended. The Exec Chairman (most senior exec) is approachable and friendly, having run into him in my first week in the kitchen and had a chat and a laugh. There are many approachable and helpful people who are passionate about their jobs and are not afraid to take ownership when needed to better the company and those around them. They've recently started inducting graduates as part of the TSG Academy, which is basically pro-active recruitment for jobs that barely exist yet, to ensure trained personnel in future. I received a signed card, a free hamper (biscuits and coffee), full home-office setup, full expenses for travel and more already - I'm not even 3 months into my probation. My manager is honest and open, trusting and understands the value of personal welfare and mental health. I've taken time out for myself whenever needed, as I'm trusted to get the job done. The approach is truly a fair and transparent environment, which I can't praise enough. I've been trying to convince members of my old work to apply because I know it could change their life! Pay is fair and meeting market demand. TSG run a weekly round up, which the CEO himself runs, along with his PA (who is so lovely). They give away free prizes to those who have excelled or shown good morals and met the company values that week, and award to those who are peer-voted "purple stars" (like gold stars but they are voted by everyone at TSG publicly.) Interviews were fair and well organized, with regular communication and clear outlining of structure etc. Often these kind of sites are filled with people with an agenda or motive for recruitment or monetary benefit. I have neither - I write this honestly and in my own words. If you are reading this wondering if you should work for TSG - I promise it's worth it. I never thought or believed it would be as good as it is.

Cons

I honestly can't think of any Cons - if I could, I wouldn't give 5 stars.

Be the first to find this review helpful
    2. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

If the thought of jumping into a burning building appeals to you, join TSG today

Oct 16, 2021 - Service Desk Consultant in Newcastle, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

It was an okay job when I first started and I did enjoy it, however I honestly can't think of any pros at all now

Cons

> Horrible workplace culture (teams being pitted against eachother and no one being available for support/assistance) > Abusive management/seniors > Horrendous worklife balance > Negative impact on mental health that is considered normal > Incompetant and out of touch management > The fact that a new hire had to be let go (before they started) because none of their future colleagues wanted to go into the office to assist with their training > Unrealistic targets / performance quota leading to some colleagues being secretly let go due to not meeting them, despite the majority of the team falling behind > Turnover rate is currentlly at an all time high and I too, am looking elsewhere > Still being paid well under the national average, even after a recent benchmarking exercise > Lack of communication between teams leads to dreadul orgaisation for new customers and leaves us in the dark

2 people found this review helpful
    3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Fantastic Place to Work

Sep 3, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Newcastle upon Tyne, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great work life balance with homeworking option as well as flexibility for office work if preferred. Flexible approach and supportive to staff - they understand life happens and offers great support when needed! Good benefits package - good hols/perkbox/enhanced sick pay etc

Cons

Lots of positive change with a new CEO - but possibly too much change at once

2 people found this review helpful
    4. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Probation completed, so pleased to be working here.

Sep 7, 2021 - Business Intelligence Consultant in Milford on Sea, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly, caring, professional, excellent team spirit, always someone to help out when you have issues.

Cons

The only con I can think of is the lack of person to person contact with my work colleagues, however, that is to be expected when the head office is in Newcastle and you live on the South Coast!

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Amazing company to work for

Aug 25, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Newcastle upon Tyne, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Approachable Senior Management Team Staff encouraged to offer feedback and thoughts on how we can be the best at what we do Family feel, great working relationships across the whole business Staff enjoy working collaboratively across teams to get the best results Excellent rewards and benefits offered to staff Flexible working Feel looked after by the business, mental health is regularly discussed and we look after each other Lots of social activities arranged to help keep us all in touch as there is more working from home now

Cons

None that I can think of

6. 4.0
      Current Employee

Opportunities and Growth

Sep 9, 2021 - Project Manager in Gateshead, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Have worked for the company a number of years and have taken a number of opportunities that have arisen, allowing me to grow & fulfill my potential. Have always been supported by managers along the way and received the necessary training, with some great internal training courses on offer. Senior management are open and honest and within TSG there is a real team spirit, everyone working together to achieve the same goals. I couldn't imagine finding a better bunch of colleagues to work with!

Cons

There have been ups and downs over the years, internal changes, restructures and processes which have not always suited everyone.

Be the first to find this review helpful
    7. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great company to work for with down to earth Leadership Team!

Aug 20, 2021 - Human Resources Staff
      Business Outlook

Pros

TSG are a fantastic organisation to work for. The leadership team imbed and inclusive culture, you feel like your feedback is listened to no matter whether you are an Apprentice or a Senior Manager, they genuinely want to do what they can to make this a fantastic place to work. The business suits people with good behaviours and values, and a give & take attitude. You get out what you put in. All teams are highly collaborative and inclusive, the Leadership Team are consistently thinking of new ways to get people working together. They have won their staff engagement awards for a reason, although everyone works hard people feel appreciated whilst having autonomy in their role, and that makes the world of difference. Other pros - Encourage work/home life balance, good benefits, genuinely care about your wellbeing

Cons

Can’t think of any at the moment.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Fantastic company to work for, feel valued & appreciated!

Aug 19, 2021 - IT Service Delivery Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Long probation period that allows you to bed into the business first, before concentrating on your role in hand. Salary benchmarking every year, which is not just the usual exercise, they actually act upon it. Always feel valued and appreciated for the work I do, with a great team around me who are always willing to help. Service Desk is exceptional, which makes my life as an SDM so much easier. Regularly receive surprise packages in the post from TEAMTSG, which makes you feel appreciated.

Cons

I have only been in the business for the last 6 months, and I honestly can't think of any negatives.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Lots of interesting things going on

Aug 19, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

TSG is very people-focused, and you really feel known as a person, rather than just a bum on a seat. Salaries are good, if not market leading. Most contracts are home based, but they offer you the opportunity to come in to the office if you wish. There's lots of social activities to get involved with to help you get to know other teams. As a small company you really have the opportunity to generate and implement new ideas.

Cons

Working from home, whilst providing great flexibility, has its difficulties when leading a young or junior team.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

A first rate organisation to work for

Aug 18, 2021 - Housing Sector Solutions Lead in Swindon, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great leadership team, great role models, a very open supportive culture, staff are valued, a happy place to work, great work going on, customer satisfaction is world class.

Cons

Because of the pandemic I work from home, Teams is fine but I would love to spend time with my colleagues in person. TSG recognise this and have setup an event for us all to get together socially very soon.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 119 Reviews