Technology Services Group UK Reviews

4.4
Technology Services Group UK CEO Rory McKeand
Rory McKeand
1 Rating
Pros
  • "SMT have given clear updates & guidance during the pandemic(in 12 reviews)

• "The Senior Management team are approachable and very friendly(in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • "Number of recent redundancies, but understandable with recent COVID strain on so many businesses(in 7 reviews)

• "No support from senior management(in 5 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

"A breath of fresh air"

Current Employee - Consultant in London, England, England

I have been working at Technology Services Group UK full-time for less than a year

Pros

Employee Benefits are good. Home and flexible working is a new norm but really welcomed! A drive for an increase in employee moral and continued support from middle and senior management has made this company a breath of fresh air.

Cons

Training days need to be booked very far in advance. This isn't a massive con as I guess its good that work keeps coming in! But once booked in they are done and incredibly helpful.

April 7, 2021Internal Recruiter

Thank you for your review and feedback, we are really pleased that you enjoy working with TSG and that you feel our approach brings a breath of fresh air. It's great you get a lot out of the trainings, self development is important so we are pleased you manage to get those diarised in with notice. Thank you for your continued contribution to the business and we wish you every success moving forward.

2. "A decent role to get going"

4.0

I worked at Technology Services Group UK full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fast paced lots of learning

Cons

High pressure. Workload too excessive

Continue reading

3. "As an employee of almost 10 years.. a great place to work!"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Employee - Microsoft Dynamics CRM Consultant in Leicester, England, England

I have been working at Technology Services Group UK full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I have been working for TSG now for almost 10 years after joining as part of an acquisition. During my time at TSG, it has opened up multiple career opportunities which I otherwise wouldn't have gotten with my prior company. One of the biggest pros for working for TSG is the 'human' element. The work/life balance and understanding from management around personal circumstances is one of the main reasons I have remained with TSG so long. I have trust in the senior management team and truly believe they are striving to become one of the top 100 best companies to work for. If you are a skilled professional and good at what you do, I would have no hesitation in recommending TSG as a great place to work.

Cons

Salary has often been under the industry standard - I believe TSG are trying to rectify this and have seen this reflected in recent job vacancies that have been advertised for similar roles. Historically have had to fight for and hit 'milestones' to get pay increases when I was already underpaid for what I do.

November 17, 2020Internal Recruiter

Thank you for your review, we are pleased you enjoy working with TSG and take all of your comments on board.

4. COVID-19

"More than just a job"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newcastle upon Tyne, England, England

I have been working at Technology Services Group UK full-time for more than a year

Pros

I think a lot of those who post negative reviews on here think they are owed something from the company they work for without having to put the effort in themselves. In my opinion it is a two way street and in my time at TSG I've been cared for, supported and provided with opportunities to grow within my role. During the COVID pandemic, the senior management had to make difficult decisions, but I have no doubt that they made the right choices for the business and its people, and we are now in a stronger position to move forward. A lot of focus has been placed on wellbeing and social interaction in recent months which has made me feel supported and able to be more productive whilst working in new circumstances.

Cons

Some colleagues fall down on the 'ownership' side of things and will be quick to pass responsibility onto others rather than being self-sufficient.

December 3, 2020Internal Recruiter

Thank you for your feedback. We are pleased you enjoy working with TSG and take all of your comments on board.

5. "Great people!"

4.0
    Current Employee - Project Coordinator in Newcastle upon Tyne, England, England

I have been working at Technology Services Group UK full-time

Pros

Great people to work with, regular, honest, updates from the SMT, very supportive.

Cons

The salary isn't the best.

April 27, 2021Internal Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are really pleased that you enjoy working with TSG and that you feel supported. As an employer we want to ensure that everyone has fair value, both ways, and as such we are currently carrying out a salary benchmarking exercise to understand average market rates for all roles, this information will be shared with employees in the coming weeks. Thank you for all your hard work so far and we wish you every success in your role moving forward.

6. COVID-19

"Enjoyable Place to work"

Current Employee - Service Desk Agent in Bellshill, Scotland, Scotland

I have been working at Technology Services Group UK part-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I've worked at TSG for almost 15 years now, I have grown up within the TSG Team. TSG have done nothing but support my career goals, whether being training or personal development. Not only have they supported my career goals but my family goals. They have been flexible when I have needed them to be whether it be related to childcare or needing to go onto a Flexible working contract. I believe I have stayed at TSG for so long as it really is the people that make the company. I have made some lifelong friends and know when I go into the office we are going to have a laugh as well as get some work done. This makes the days go so much quicker! During COVID I have found the SMT to be very forthcoming with information & have felt like they have done everything they can to keep us in a good position for the future.

Cons

I do feel like that there are too many structural changes & it's hard to keep up.

7. COVID-19

"A Mixed Bag"

2.0

I worked at Technology Services Group UK full-time

Pros

The colleagues I worked with really were 1st class, friendly, and it was rare for me to have a bad encounter with anyone bar a few more senior members of staff who, for the most part, were useless, and it was rare to get a response from them if consulted. Exposure to a lot of different technologies and setups was also great, and was a good all-rounded experience that allowed me to learn and work with different environments and technologies. The knowledge I gained working here is invaluable and I appreciated the number of training modules available, however actually having the time to do them is another issue. Benefits provided by the company were great. 25 days a year holiday time, access to "Perkbox" which gives goodies for being nominated for "Purple Star" awards, and so on were great and did help with the daily grind.

Cons

Horrible management. From the get-go I was constantly warned about how the SMT and Middle-Management can be pretty useless, and for the most part they were right. I definitely wouldn't tar everyone with the same brush, but the SMTs "Update" webinars were all very samey, and never gave any solid information. A great example was when the SMT stressed no more redundancies would be made, but it happened anyway. COVID is a strain on the organisation yes, but using it as a scapegoat to poor management is a no. Training. Weekly training time is provided by the company, but I would never bet on actually being able to utilise it all that often. Most of the time, the 1st and 2nd line Service Desks are overwhelmed with calls and tickets due to being heavily understaffed for the amount of issues coming in, and as a result it wasn't uncommon for the training time to be suspended for weeks at a time. This is penalising the Service Desks for issues outside of their control - if training time is promised, it should be given. Targets. More emphasis is put on hitting calls taken/tickets handled targets than actually resolving tickets. The 1st Line Service Desk team have a maximum of 20 minutes to speak to customers about an issue, investigate it, and resolve it. For more complex issues this just isn't possible, and almost always results in an escalation which puts the 2nd/3rd line teams (but especially 2nd line) under a lot of pressure to clear the building queue. For a company that prides itself on one of it's main values being "Ownership", they've not made it particularly easy to actually work a ticket through to completion - it just gets passed up. Not a lot of upward mobility. From my time at TSG, there didn't seem to be a whole lot of emphasis on upwards mobility within the company, totally unlike other organisations I have experienced. It's common to feel like nothing more than a 'cog' in the machine, whilst watching most senior positions that become available being filled by external hires, even though there is plenty of extremely talented people within the company itself. The only real avenue for promotion that I could see was between 1st - 2nd line, but it seemed to end there for the most part. Oh, and as a finale, certain customers of TSG are well-known within the Service Desk due to their abusive and aggressive nature whenever they log a support call. It was not uncommon for myself or colleagues to get blatant verbal abuse from this particular customer, and the management did not think it necessary to address these issues even after colleagues had been left in tears - yes, the occasional problem customer is just part-and-parcel with a Service Desk role, but not repeated abusive calls that puts an already overworked Service Desk under even more pressure. Holding onto such an insignificant profit margin (the customer is not a large one) in exchange for the Service Desk having to accept abuse seems like a bit of an oversight from management - big thumbs up from the Service Desk for that one, guys.

March 9, 2021Internal Recruiter

Thank you for your review, we are sorry to hear that you felt dissatisfied during your time with TSG. We are pleased you enjoyed our benefits on offer and I have fed back some of your comments to the appropriate departments for review. Regarding internal mobility, there is a lot of promotion from within TSG internally, however this could perhaps be better shared across the business so moving forward we will ensure this is communicated internally. We wish you all the best moving forward.

8. COVID-19

"Good Company with Good Values"

Current Employee - IT Consultant in Newcastle upon Tyne, England, England

I have been working at Technology Services Group UK full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

TSG are a good company with good values at its core. I have a lot of respect for David S, our CEO. The people I work alongside are smart and really care about the customer. Feedback is acted upon, and it feels like a completely different company to what I joined 3-4 years ago - progress is good!

Cons

TSG has restructured its sales teams on a number of occasions since I joined. Not been directly impacted however I am hopeful the new CSM/SDL approach will work.

9. COVID-19

"Great Culture with Endless Personal Development and Training Opportunities"

• Diversity & Inclusion

I have been working at Technology Services Group UK full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

In-house dedicated training department supported by heavy investment in personal development. All colleagues across the organisation structure are pleasant to deal with and all with a focus to help our customers. Great employee benefits, holiday entitlement and pension contributions etc. Really friendly pleasant offices to work, with a nice culture, hang out areas with TV's and Pool Tables etc.

Cons

Nothing springs to mind, been here 15+ years and still enjoy working with my colleagues and looking after our customers across the country.

November 18, 2020Internal Recruiter

Thank you for your review, we are pleased you enjoy working with TSG and appreciate your feedback.

10. COVID-19

"Could not have chosen a better business to join"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Employee - Human Resources Staff in Newcastle upon Tyne, England, England

Pros

I joined the business 4 days before having to work from home due to the Covid-19 lockdown. Throughout the pandemic I could not fault the way that TSG has handled things, regular business updates including live Q&A sessions with the CEO displaying an open and honest approach really gave me comfort at what was an extremely unsettling time. I feel I have always known what the progress is, and where things stand as a business. TSG truly treat every single employee as an individual. They provide strong staff recognition and I don't think i've ever come across an organisation where everyone is so approachable, including the Senior Management Team. I am so glad I chose to join this company and am looking forward to seeing where my career with TSG takes me.

Cons

I don't have any cons.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 100 Reviews