Technology Services Group UK Reviews

Updated 19 Mar 2020

3.4
Technology Services Group UK CEO David Stonehouse
David Stonehouse
Pros
  • "SMT are both approachable and experienced(in 5 reviews)

• "There's a lot of great people working at TSG(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "SMT blindly push towards grand visions that have no basis in reality, while batting away any voices of reason regardless of expertise(in 5 reviews)

• "Service function is losing the Energy, Motivation and Vision that was built in over many years due to recent senior management changes(in 4 reviews)

"Great Place to Work"

I have been working at Technology Services Group UK full-time

Pros

Challenging and always busy. Surrounded by a great team.

Cons

Lot of positive changes for the better which could cause employees to be unsettled

March 27, 2020Internal Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are delighted that you are enjoying your time working with TSG and we wish you every success for the future!

"Poor company"

2.0
    Former Employee - Account Director in Solihull, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Technology Services Group UK full-time

Pros

Non. Disordered company / all about the next sale

Cons

Work from home and some of the staff

March 27, 2020Internal Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are sorry to hear that you felt dissatisfied during your time with TSG and we take on board your feedback. Wishing you all the best moving forward.

"Excellent Place to Work"

Former Employee - Proactive Consultant in Newcastle upon Tyne, England

I worked at Technology Services Group UK full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

There's a lot of great people working at TSG. I've been with them almost 16 years starting out as field support, to helpdesk, and then onto the Proactive team. I've met some very talented people within the field of IT and made some good friends.

Cons

Maybe the sales & technical function could be more joined up

March 27, 2020Internal Recruiter

Thank you for taking time to write a review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your time with TSG and wish you all the best moving forward!

"good people and a good challenge"

Current Employee - IT Support in Gateshead, England

I have been working at Technology Services Group UK full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Its clear when you join TSG you are working with a lot of highly skilled and motivated people that genuinely care about each other and our customers. The training on offer is a big reason why i joined and to date i have accomplished a lot of things my last employer couldnt offer me. If you want to work with a lot of different technologies this is a good place to consider. There is also a collective mentality with a lot of out of work activities such as nights out, go-karting, bowling which is important as you want to enjoy the fun side work can offer.

Cons

The Sales side of the business has been left in a confused state over the past 5 years with a lot of staff change. We also have a huge volume of stack products on the shelf where we need to streamline what we offer.

March 27, 2020Internal Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are delighted that you are enjoying your time with TSG and are grateful for your feedback. Wishing you every success for the future!

"A great place to work"

5.0

Pros

Fantastic people with a real team ethos, supportive and approachable management team, good range of benefits, excellent training and development opportunities and lots of positive changes underway to improve things further.

Cons

There has been a lot a change in recent years - but for the right reasons.

March 27, 2020Internal Recruiter

"Great & Supportive company to work for"

5.0

Pros

Fantastic training and development opportunities. Supportive and approachable Management Team. Helpful & Highly skilled teams who always go over and above to help customers and colleagues.

Cons

Can't think of any at the moment.

March 27, 2020Internal Recruiter

"A positive working environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newcastle upon Tyne, England

I have been working at Technology Services Group UK full-time for more than a year

Pros

I've worked at TSG for nearly 2 years and can wholeheartedly say that it's a great company to work for. There's a big focus on company culture and the senior management are approachable. People that succeed within the business are those with a true passion for what they do and who genuinely want to see the company excel.

Cons

The two North East offices are within close proximity, so colleagues from these tend to see each other more often. Although meeting face to face with colleagues at other offices isn't possible for everyone on a regular basis, I'd love to see more of an effort from those in other offices to join in with and suggest company-wide initiatives such as charity events and internal news.

March 27, 2020Internal Recruiter

Thank you for your review and comments. We are delighted that you are enjoying working with TSG. We take on board your feedback regarding more company-wide initiatives and your comments have been passed to the Senior Management Team. We wish you every success for the future! Many thanks.

"Avoid, unless you like being made redundant"

1.0
    Current Employee - Technical Consultant in Newcastle upon Tyne, England

I have been working at Technology Services Group UK full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Expenses were processed quickly and was generally paid on time, although they don't bring forward Xmas pay which is fairly common in other places I've worked.

Cons

- Constant threat of redundancy and / or cost saving exercises. - Shambolically run with cowboy mentality. - Sell first then worry later attitude.

March 27, 2020Internal Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are sorry to hear that you feel dissatisfied with some aspects of your employment with TSG, we are very grateful for your feedback. We wish you all the best moving forward. Many thanks.

"Great team and working environment"

I have been working at Technology Services Group UK

Pros

Working with a great bunch of people , excellent training opportunities, clear progression paths

Cons

Always busy which is a pro as well as a con as the days fly by.

March 27, 2020Internal Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are delighted that you enjoy working with TSG and are grateful for your feedback. We wish you every success for the future! Many thanks.

"A review by a real person, not HR/Directors."

1.0
    Staff in Gateshead, England

I worked at Technology Services Group UK

Pros

Some great people work here, although they don’t usually last too long.

Cons

A rudderless ship is the best way to describe this company. So many ‘strategic’ changes which all lead down the same path - nowhere.

March 27, 2020Internal Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are sorry to hear that you were dissatisfied during your time with TSG. Regarding your concerns over fake reviews, we would like to reassure you that reviews can only be left from personal accounts and that all reviews are based personal opinion. We wish you all the best moving forward. Many thanks.

Found 63 reviews