Tessian Reviews

Updated 23 Feb 2021

4.6
Tessian Chief Executive Officer Tim Sadler (no image)
Tim Sadler
Pros
  • "Fast-paced, lots of room to create and go-after opportunities(in 11 reviews)

• "Really great people to work with, personable and friendly(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "Fast-paced environments isn't for everyone; can be overwhelming if you don't communicate with co-workers/managers(in 9 reviews)

• "As you would expect with a start-up, there is a lot of change (which on the flip side makes for an exciting working environment)(in 4 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. Featured Review

"Awesome experience all round!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I worked at Tessian full-time for less than a year

Pros

Every day has a new challenge and you feel really supported in whatever you do in the company. The culture is amazing and the senior team have a clear vision and direction for where they want to take the company I would highly recommend.

Cons

It is very fast-paced and it does at times feel like you will have to juggle a lot. However, if you can do it then you'll be amazed at how far you have come.

Continue reading
  2. "Exciting company, interesting problems"

I have been working at Tessian full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Exciting place to work with ambitious growth plans and difficult problems to solve. I'm really enjoying being apart of an ever evolving industry. I also get to work with great people.

Cons

We need to be able to change quickly to respond to our market

Continue reading

"Cool company but needs to focus on valuing employees"

Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at Tessian full-time

Pros

- The product and branding is easy to get behind as it is presented well and it's easy to understand the mission - Frequent socials, snacks, drinks and freebies (even during Covid) - The office is in a great location for commuting, lunch and post-work socialising

Cons

- The leadership can be quite misguided and haphazard in their decision making - Long working hours expected. Can feel like working your core hours isn't enough even if you get the job done. - A lot of focus on providing freebies/fun events but not in ensuring employees feel truly valued e.g. offering progression - A lot of favouritism. Certain employees are promoted well above their experience level.

4. COVID-19

"Company that really cares about employee welfare"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in London, England

I have been working at Tessian full-time for more than a year

Pros

In the past year post-covid, Tessian has come up with innovative and thoughtful ideas to keep employees engaged and made work-from-home as comfortable as possible. Besides rolling out new benefits during mental health week, Tessian also places Diversity and Inclusion forefront through engaging conversations. The culture of caring for each other is for me one of the top reasons to be in Tessian. Also intelligent people working towards an interesting mission.

Cons

Fast-paced work, and requires people to have initiative and direction in order to thrive

5. "Great company!"

Former Employee - Software Engineer

I worked at Tessian full-time

Pros

True software startup culture with huge potential to grow. An amazing young team in both engineering and commercial departments with great energy.

Cons

Not really, the office space is becoming increasingly smaller as the company grows but as everyone is working from home its all good.

6. "Continuously challenging work & inspiring leadership"

Current Employee - Commercial in London, England

I have been working at Tessian full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fast paced, dynamic work. Constantly challenging work that promotes incredible rate of professional growth. The leadership team is driving us towards a promising mission that resonates with a large customer segment. The People team has invested tremendously in refining and improving our company culture in the remote working era and this is much appreciated by all. There are excellent opportunities for progression within the company which are available for those prepared to be very proactive about going after what they want.

Cons

Very quick growth means constantly changing processes, trial and error and sometimes misalignment among management. Workload can be very intense at all times of the year and expectations are high throughout - can work very well for some.

Continue reading
  7. "A great company to work for"

Former Employee - Sales Development Representative (SDR) in London, England

I worked at Tessian full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Supportive managers - Strong learning environment - Great social/culture - Approachable bosses/senior team members - Fast growing startup - Great career opportunities

Cons

- There are no cons. - A sales role wasn't suitable for me, that was a "me" problem rather than the company.

"Best startup in the UK!"

Current Employee - Senior Engineering Manager in London, England

I have been working at Tessian full-time for less than a year

Pros

Tessian is the best run startup I’ve ever seen! Great culture, great processes, and great people. Very supporting of employees in all respects. On the tech side, lots of interesting engineering challenges in applying machine learning to cybersecurity. The company is in the scale up phase, where there are lots of opportunities to make big progress in application, database, and algorithms sides. Without a doubt, the best tech startup to work for in the UK region!

Cons

Can't think of anything major.

Continue reading
  9. "Autonomy, opportunity and community"

I have been working at Tessian full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company managed to maintain a close-knit culture and perform well in 2020 and is closing out the year strong. Tessian has embraced remote working and has found unique ways to replicate in-office events and activities in fun and high-touch ways. Tessian is investing more into learning and development and I see a lot of positive steps already. Just completed DNI training and it was one of the best I've experienced in my career to-date.

Cons

It's a start up, straddling being agile/scrappy with building processes to scale so there are occasional teething issues.

"Friendly culture, lots of hard work"

4.0
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Tessian full-time for more than a year

Pros

Really great people to work with, personable and friendly. You'll make good friends and know that the people team do a lot to try and support peoples' growth at the company, being transparent, and manager support is really good. If you're interested in the work, it's a great fit.

Cons

Like any other startup/scale-up, it is workload. You will end up working long hours and there is a hesitancy to hire people in order to save costs, which means everybody works overtime

Viewing 1 - 10 of 81 English Reviews