Thames Water Ml5 Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

1.0
Thames Water CEO Martin Baggs
Martin Baggs

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • There is no pressure to stay late allowing for a great work-life balance (in 6 reviews)

• Family working environment where relationships with colleagues are as important as outputs (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance not great - very little perks (in 4 reviews)

• Senior management keep changing the focus which has a severe downstream impact on lower level staff (in 5 reviews)

1. "Work here"

Current Employee - Ml5 in London, England
    Current Employee - Ml5 in London, England

I have been working at Thames Water full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you are happy being used as fodder with no tallent. You are able to only follow orders. The only nice thing I would say is that their sites are based in good locations especially as we come into summer.

Cons

Stifle tallent and different ways of works.I am sure that the Exec are not telling Martin B the true story - just look at WAMI. The users have for months been say that the system is not suitable only for the Snr Management to say it does.

Advice to Management

listen to the people on the ground - not all management speak is correct

"Working A Thames for many years, honest opinion"

Current Employee - Ml5 in Reading, England
    Current Employee - Ml5 in Reading, England

I have been working at Thames Water full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Stable job requirements from regulatory requirements

Cons

Senior management mistakes and saving orientated bonus mean that job cuts beyond efficiency are being carried out again leading to poor performance and stress sickness. Failure of senior and upper level management to acknowledge this

Advice to Management

Forget about bonus and share handouts, listen to the people you employed because of their expertise, tell the board the whole story not the part that makes you look good.