The Body Shop Key Holder Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

David Boynton
  1. "No progression!"

Current Employee - Key Holder in Spalding, England

I have been working at The Body Shop part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great staff discount and company benefits. They understand family life comes first

Cons

They do not allow their current staff to progress or train them properly when they start

Advice to Management

Look into stores a lot more!

The Body Shop2014-05-20
  2. "Low Wages/ High Expectations"

Former Employee - Key Holder in Long Beach, CA

I worked at The Body Shop part-time for more than a year

Pros

Awesome customers Decent discounts

Cons

I worked here part-time for roughly 2 years and they all but demanded I make them a full-time priority. Even after expressing that I needed a second job to pay bills, management essentially pressured me into quitting instead of allowing me 2 weekdays and a Friday off so that I had something reasonable to offer a potential second employer. Outside of that, management set unreasonable expectation on the store based on... assumptions and not the facts that the employees tried to provide.

Advice to Management

Stop forgetting you hire real people, not robots without emotions or needs. Realize that your employees see the truth beyond the beauty and your reputation depends on making your employees comfortable and understanding that not all stores are cookie cutter.

The Body Shop2019-10-07
  3. "Passionate"

Current Employee - Key Holder

I have been working at The Body Shop part-time

Pros

Lovely environment comfortable. Natural, amazing products

Cons

Nothing down side . I love body shops

The Body Shop2019-08-10
  4. "Really good company to work for"

Former Employee - Key Holder in Edmonton, AB

I worked at The Body Shop full-time for more than a year

Pros

The work itself is not hard. You get 50% off all merchandise.

Cons

Might be boring since it doesn't get too busy.

The Body Shop2019-07-11
  5. "An absolutely wonderful, passion driven force to work for."

Current Employee - Key Holder

I have been working at The Body Shop part-time for more than a year

Pros

Really great team, The Body Shop is a constant source of motivation for me to stand up for the things that I believe in without fear, and allowed me to be my full vibrant self!

Cons

The pay could be better, definitely, and the particular location I work at is super slow so there are a lot of times where I had to find creative ways to keep myself busy.

Advice to Management

I wish store managers were more present.

The Body Shop2019-06-24
  6. "Keyholder"

Former Employee - Key Holder in Dublin, Dublin

I worked at The Body Shop part-time for more than a year

Pros

Good team to work with. Everyone was helpful and friendly. Manager was supportive.

Cons

Pay is low for supervision responsibilities. Before 2017, they used to pay for the travel fare when sending staffs to work outside of their home store eg. Liffey Vally, Blanchardstown, Swords, but not anymore.

The Body Shop2019-06-11
  7. "Good starter job for students"

Current Employee - Sales Associate/Key Holder in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at The Body Shop part-time for less than a year

Pros

Great first job for college/high school students. You learn a lot about how a business works and there is some room to move up when working part-time (customer consultant to key holder). Also good 50% off employee discount.

Cons

Low pay for what is expected for you to do at times. Was expected to train a bunch of new employees, was paid the same amount as them despite being a key holder. Pay is "non-negotiable". High turnover at some locations with some interesting co-workers that do not stay too long. Depending on your location, sales targets may be very difficult to reach.

Advice to Management

Pay more attention to who you are hiring to avoid such a high turnover. Provide accurate compensation for employees who have more responsibility.

The Body Shop2019-04-02
  8. "Dismal Management"

Former Employee - Key Holder in Long Beach, CA

I worked at The Body Shop part-time for less than a year

Pros

The products are wonderful and cruelty free!

Cons

Your bosses will suck, their bosses won’t care, and you can expect HR to literally ignore your phone calls and emails until you quit in exasperation.

Advice to Management

Customers notice things like a high turnover rate. You’re not fooling anyone. Stop treating young female employees like they’re disposable. Invest in your teams. Train your workers instead of just hoping they’ll figure it out. Hire store managers with experience and people skills...preferably both.

The Body Shop2019-02-18
  9. "Amazing Company"

Key Holder in Topanga, CA

I worked at The Body Shop for more than a year

Pros

- Very involved with the staff - Educate you on all of the products so you know how to sell the best - Pay is good for the job

Cons

- Interview process is fairly long

Advice to Management

Amazing company to work for!! Highly recommend

The Body Shop2019-01-31
  10. "They take advantage of employees"

Former Employee - Key Holder in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at The Body Shop part-time for less than a year

Pros

The discount, and location

Cons

Corporate never seems to know exactly what's going on, they closed our location and promised to help us get jobs and that never happened, we've closed the store over a week ago and still haven't gotten our last paychecks, our severance wont be given to us for another month, corporate has no answers about our checks we keep getting told different things by different people dispite the laws being pretty clear on when... we should receive our last check, My last day I was expected to drive 35 miles to another store and drop off fixtures and tables and was only told to clock in for this trip and use my own gas and mileage to do so. I was told corporate will not compensate me for my gas, that's why I had to clock in. I had no idea that my time was worth nothing because I only got a whole 20 bucks for my time/gas. It cost me 18 bucks in my truck to drive all that way and back. This should've been the other stores responsibility to pick up, not mine to deliver! Especially for $2 after I got gas again! Unfairly corporate says they care about their employees but when it comes to their wages and fair compensation for errands that you're forced/expected to do. They don't. I watched my manager get all the responsibility of doing EVERYTHING and taken advantage of by corporate and its not right.

Advice to Management

See above statement. You expect way too much and give way too little by means of the demands you make of employees and when it comes to last paychecks and severance no one knows anything and no one cares

The Body Shop2019-02-02