The Body Shop Senior Customer Consultant Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

The Body Shop CEO David Boynton
David Boynton
  1. "Excellent Company!"

I have been working at The Body Shop part-time

Pros

It's a really friendly atmosphere, the people are all lovely, most of the customers are too. The 50% discount is great and you also get a L'Oreal online staff shop plus lots of free products! There's also quite a few opportunities to progress and move around the company. I always felt the company was very genuine and honest, I am very proud when I tell customers about the ethics and the charity work they do.

Cons

Some of the training could be a little better. There's a LOT of targets, I think I was lucky because my manager was quite realistic and not too pushy but there is sometimes a lot of pressure to meet unachievable targets. Some of the sales pitch ideas are a little forced (eg. If a customer is looking at skincare they like you to approach that customer with the best selling skincare product and just start telling them about...

Advice to Management

Too many exceptions to offers! It's embarrassing to explain to customers that none of the things they want are in the '40% off everything' offer! A little less pressure with the targets and perhaps reevaluate whether they are realistic. Decide whether you want to be a premium brand or a high street brand, I feel like sometimes it's unclear. Update the in store training guides! Spend the extra money and cut out lone working.

The Body Shop2016-08-23
  2. "Former Senior Customer Consultant"

Former Employee - Senior Customer Consultant
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at The Body Shop (Less than a year)

Pros

- A lot of freebies - Had very good discount previously (especially when it was under L'oreal) - Overall friendly environment to work in - I had very decent management - Decent pay per hour for a retail store

Cons

- Too much staff, too little hours for shifts, only the manager and assistant manager was full time - Not enough training especially with make overs, had to do with what you knew - Had to monitor what I was paid as I was frequently paid less - Had to open on your own frequently with was very dangerous at times

Advice to Management

- Cut down staff and give out longer hours to exsisting staff, this will cut your staff turnover - More training especially with makeovers - More opportunities for staff to get promoted

The Body Shop2018-05-17

"Horrible, high turnover and no stability"

Former Employee - Senior Customer Consultant in London, England

I worked at The Body Shop part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

50% discount on products and discounts on some other Loreal owned products. free products

Cons

I worked there because I honestly had an interest in what the company stood for but it was all focused around sales and pushing thing on people. Its fine as its a sales job too but you were basically punish for not making end of day sales, for example if by 7pm you had not made the days target and you had less than £50 to meet it we would literally have to stay open till we did, most of the time this was until way past...

Advice to Management

Im sure the store managers is under high pressure too, but the company needs to invest more in those workers who actually want to stay and work more hours! no-one unless its an student who need 8 hours of work is going to stay forever.

The Body Shop2017-01-26

"good benefits"

Former Employee - Senior Customer Consultant in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at The Body Shop full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Really enjoyed working here, loved the products i was selling so that helps alot. 50% staff discount and an online loreal website where so much stuff was cheap just for loreal staff.

Cons

They do push you alot in the way you sell to customers. sometimes felt awkward having to put items in customers baskets, felt like i was making them buy it.

The Body Shop2016-10-21

"Good company, lots of pressure"

I have been working at The Body Shop part-time for more than a year

Pros

Great benefits Good products Good training and career opportunities

Cons

Inequalities between stores Sometimes unrealistic targets

Advice to Management

Consider looking at the in-store promotions you make available to 02 priority customers and other companies with body shop discounts and freebies, sometimes these severely affect store ATV and personal targets as customers only come into the store for these free items and don't want anything else no matter what you offer to them.

The Body Shop2016-08-30
  6. "Senior customer consultant"

Current Employee - Senior Customer Consultant in Epsom, England

I have been working at The Body Shop full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great benefit schemes and discounts. Easy progression within the company

Cons

Pay! Lots if work for little pay, one of the worst

Advice to Management

To be more appreciative of your staff and acknowledge when they do something

The Body Shop2016-08-23
  7. "Under a big but positive change"

Current Employee - Senior Customer Consultant in Manchester, England

I have been working at The Body Shop part-time for more than a year

Pros

-Have an amazing management team -Great training, sent to train in London & Leeds multiple times -New starter training is now great for the Senior Sales role, covers everything you need especially if its first senior role -The ethics of the company are fab -Discount on L'Oreal brands -Flexible working schedule -Great Atmosphere to work in

Cons

-My store is amazing but having experienced other stores it appears some can be quite poor environments to work in e.g. high pressure, low morale -Could be more understanding of students and giving too many hours

The Body Shop2016-02-01
  8. "Senior Customer Consultant"

I have been working at The Body Shop part-time for more than a year

Pros

Very generous and positive company, customers are generally nice, products are good quality and overall reasonably priced, often gifted free ones, generous staff discount and other great perks, pay is very reasonable as well.

Cons

Training in some areas could be better (e.g. make up application), too many offers on products - can be confusing for both staff and customer! Occasionally required to work alone which isn't ideal.

Advice to Management

More make up training and it should be done soon after the role is filled.

The Body Shop2016-02-01