The Body Shop "great products" Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

The Body Shop Employee Reviews about "great products"

Updated Nov 24, 2019

3.6
The Body Shop CEO David Boynton
David Boynton
Pros
  • "great products and ethics/values of company(in 93 reviews)

• "free products when you start and this can renew 3 times a year(in 76 reviews)

Cons
  • "Sometimes disorganized, communication from upper management not always consistent(in 50 reviews)

• "part time role yet feels full time as they want you to be flexible and available all the time but you don’t get full time hours(in 36 reviews)

Reviews about "great products"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Wonderful part time job with equally lovely people"

Former Employee - Customer Consultant in Glasgow, Scotland

I worked at The Body Shop part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Genuinely impactful ethos and values Lots of lovely people, staff and customers Great staff discount Community traded ingredients Great products

Cons

It's mad busy at Christmas The constant big discount sales and re-arranging are frustrating Still seem to be finding our way back to our core mission

Advice to Management

Stop focusing on arbitrary goals rather than the overall customer experience/quality of the products, particularly when this becomes a barrier rather than a motivator - really glad to see that we are no longer undercutting ourselves with constant discounts, the sales should go the same way too!

The Body Shop2019-11-03
  2. "Inspired but low paid"

Current Employee - Buyer in Littlehampton, England

I have been working at The Body Shop full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good team, great products, ethically engaged.

Cons

No pay bracket transparency. Low pay

The Body Shop2019-11-06
  3. "Bodyshop customer consultant"

Current Employee - Customer Consultant in Nottingham, England

I have been working at The Body Shop part-time for more than a year

Pros

Great friendly team Great product discount and bonus

Cons

Customer consultant contracts are often only 8hrs, when you regularly work much more

The Body Shop2019-07-24
  4. "Good Experience"

I have been working at The Body Shop full-time

Pros

Opportunity to travel, strong values, great products, good benefits

Cons

Location is the main one

The Body Shop2019-02-01
  5. "Store Manager"

I have been working at The Body Shop full-time

Pros

Lovely people, excellent discount, fun incentives and great products.

Cons

Very numbers focused and lots of last minute company changes.

The Body Shop2019-02-05
  6. "Store Manager"

I have been working at The Body Shop full-time

Pros

Ethical company Great products Invest in training and development

Cons

Difficult to progress as store manager if in a store that's remote

The Body Shop2018-10-25

"Great Place"

Customer Consultant

I worked at The Body Shop

Pros

Fun environment, great products, nice discount.

Cons

Strong smells, too demanding, managers are under too much pressure with numbers and ATV's, set ridiculous targets.

Advice to Management

Maybe try to make the environment less stressful.

The Body Shop2016-03-16
  8. "Great experience"

District Sales Manager in Littlehampton, England

I worked at The Body Shop for more than 5 years

Pros

Great values, celebrates entrepreneurial behaviors, open to feedback, great product, values team members, leverages partnership with L'Oreal to create more innovative products and training material while still maintaining core ethical standards that The Body Shop has always upheld.

Cons

I don't really have any cons, it was a great place to work.

Advice to Management

Keep stream lining its working.

The Body Shop2015-05-04

"Lovely people, repetitive job"

Current Employee - Customer Consultant

I have been working at The Body Shop part-time for less than a year

Pros

Various freebies, including 5 pieces of make-up when you start Lovely people to work with, everyone is very friendly and bubbly Generally pleasant work environment Commendable official company ethos, with some great products

Cons

Minimum wage is fair enough for a retail store, but there should at least be an opportunity to make extra money as bonus etc. Beauty products are nice but there's only so many you can use and at this salary what you care about is the extra cash. There is no real incentive to do better. A lot more heavy lifting/moving stock about than you would expect in a beauty shop. Some of this could easily be avoided by not... insisting on constantly moving the display bays. You end up moving stuff for the sake of moving stuff. This might be just our store, but the size of the stockroom (tiny) is completely unrealistic when it comes to the amount of stock we get sent. This means that a lot of it has to be shifted about all the time to make space for new things and results in cramped and potentially unsafe working conditions. The dress-code policy seems over the top : No big earrings for 'safety reasons'? I have rappelled off a mountain in these, I'm sure I can manage not to kill myself while carrying a few pots of cream with them on.

Advice to Management

There should be some clear vision about what the stores should look like and this shouldn't change needlessly as this just creates extra unnecessary work for staff. The discount system should be a lot more consistent as often the staff (let alone the customers) are struggling to understand which offer goes with what and how to combine them. Make all products 30% cheaper and run an occasional promo/sale or at... least only have one sale in the store at the same time. Typical conversation: You cannot use your 40% discount voucher on our Argan Oil products EXCEPT the gift packs and using it will cancel out the in-store Buy1 Get 1 1/2 offer as well as your membership discount. Or you can you your £10 off voucher and your LYB card instead. Makes sense? Allow stores to order the stock they need in manageable quantities. Operational Management in general needs some work. Increase staff levels so that there is enough cover for holidays/sickness etc. It shouldn't be necessary to give 2 months notice to take a few days off. Reduce the amount of packaging in line with the company values. A jar that already comes in a box shouldn't need to be individually wrapped up as well.

The Body Shop2015-02-25

"Nice products but obsessed with unrealistic targets"

Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at The Body Shop part-time for less than a year

Pros

Great products to work with Atmosphere in the team was generally positive Bonus scheme, occasional freebies

Cons

- Unrealistic targets - growth always expected, but based on last year's figures which do not take account of changing circumstances, difference between holiday dates this year and last year, etc. - Too many targets - too many sub-categories meant you rarely made all your targets, but failure to meet one was judged as failing to meet them all, at least in my branch. Very stressful! - Products can be overpriced,... but there are tons of offers meaning you sell lots of heavily discounted products or even give away products for free - making it even harder to meet targets! Good for the customer but not very helpful for staff. - My manager was unable to understand why I couldn't come in when I was sick! I think she was under a lot of pressure herself, perhaps not all branches treat staff like this. - Positions with extra responsibilities created but no support given to employees to develop them - you are expected to come up with and organise all extra ideas yourself, and for no extra pay.

Advice to Management

Develop a more intelligent targets system and boost staff morale by recognising when sales overall have been good.

The Body Shop2014-09-08