The Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) Reviews

The Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) CEO Chris Daly
Chris Daly
  1. "working at CIM"

Former Employee - Bookings Officer in Cookham, England

I worked at The Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

great family atmosphere and good surroundings to work in

Cons

pay medium scale but great atmosphere

March 2, 2020Director of People & Organisational Development

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us, it really helps us to improve what we are doing.

2. COVID-19

"Great place to work"

4.0
    • Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Employee - Assistant Operations Manager in Reading, England

I have been working at The Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) part-time

Pros

Friendly, family atmosphere, good benefits, lovely site to work in, Covid compliant

Cons

Salaries are not as competitive as similar jobs elsewhere

December 7, 2020Director of People & Organisational Development

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, it really helps us to improve our employee experience. In response to your comment regarding salaries, we do regularly benchmark our pay levels and strive to be as competitive as possible to attract and retain the very best talent. As a not-for-profit organisation we appreciate we may not be paying as much as some other employers in the area, but we hope that our flexible working approach, generous annual leave and learning & development opportunities more than make up for this. Thanks again for your review.

3. "Awesome Culture"

Current Employee - CIM in Cookham, England

I have been working at The Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people, nothing is too much effort for anyone. Everyone wants everyone to succeed and it genuinely is an amazing place to work where people are genuinely nice.

Cons

Whilst the site is beautiful the offices are scattered across the site but it just means you have to walk further to see people!

"Feedback"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cookham, England

I have been working at The Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) part-time for less than a year

Pros

Flexible for working mums Good benefits Warming and friendly workforce Career Development Training opportunities Professional and fair management Brings out the best in employees

Cons

Management need to be more confident in making decisions Salaries low, but this is compensated in good benefits.

5. "Most Supportive Employer of My Career"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cookham, England

Pros

Greatly enjoying a second stint at CIM having left previously to pursue an alternative career path. My treatment and training have been exemplary since my return. The most impressive 'Pro' for me has been the way that CIM has dealt with a recent health issue of mine. They have been incredibly supportive and understanding during a difficult time.

Cons

Honestly, the closest i could come to a 'Con' is that CIM is clearly still in a recovery period. This recovery however does seem to be in full swing and is clearly being spearheaded by a competent and determined Senior Management Team.

July 31, 2018Head of Human Resources

Thank you for your positive feedback. Wellbeing of our people is really important to us and I'm delighted to hear that you have had a good level of support during a difficult time.

6. "Fantastic Place to Work"

Current Employee - Learner Support in Cookham, England

Pros

Great employees across the Company Very good CEO Excellent location and work environment

Cons

Staff Canteen is somewhat lacking

July 31, 2018Head of Human Resources

Thank you for your constructive feedback. We are always working to improve our facilities and are planning to launch an improved staff restaurant experience shortly.

7. "Great Work-Life Balance and Fantastic Development Opportunities"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cookham, England

Pros

The opportunities to develop your career are fantastic, great benefits with a company wide family feeling.

Cons

There is some resistance to change with pockets of the business living through nostalgia and longing for the CIM of the past instead of working with the company to make progress.

Continue reading
  8. "Great environment and work-life balance"

Current Employee - Head of Learning in Cookham, England

I have been working at The Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) full-time for less than a year

Pros

HR support, great line manager, good business ideas and direction. It feels like a big family where everyone gets along. There is a great collaboration emphasis across all departments. You can get things done (most of the time).

Cons

Technology limitations are quite prominent. Although modernisation is at the forefront, there are still some tiny pockets of resistance where the old culture remains.

Continue reading
  9. "Amazing work life balance"

Current Employee - Marketing Executive in Cookham, England

Pros

Amazing work life balance, fantastic opportunities for career development, great benefits.

Cons

None, this is a fantastic place to work.

April 4, 2018Head of Human Resources

Thanks for the great review. We're delighted to hear that we're on the right track. Keep the feedback coming so that we can keep improving.

10. "Great Place to work better tahn it used to be but still not perfect"

4.0
    Current Employee - Administrative in Maidenhead, England

I have been working at The Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great location, free parking nice to walk into Cookham at lunch times. Fabulous people on the whole who really make this place. Recently been on lots of training courses at CIM.

Cons

Changes Changes and more Changes for the past 4 years there have been changes its been rocky. More stable now but still changes going on. Some teams at CIM think they are Elite come on guys we should all be working together to make this a great place to work. It costs nothing to say Good Morning to your work colleagues. Not enough benefits

Viewing 1 - 10 of 14 English Reviews