The Clorox Company Reviews

3.9
The Clorox Company Chair and Chief Executive Officer Benno Dorer
Benno Dorer
Pros
Cons
  • "Company is heavily reliant on data- almost too much, and at the cost of quick decision making(in 48 reviews)

• "Encourage work/life balance, but not really enforced based on workload given(in 23 reviews)

1. "Great company"

I have been working at The Clorox Company full-time

Pros

Good benefits. Still has a small company feeling so feel valued.

Cons

Lack of advancement options. Can be clicky.

The Clorox Company2017-07-17

"Clorox UK - Richmond Office"

2.0
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richmond, London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at The Clorox Company full-time

Pros

- Good products - Nice location albeit not in central London - Easily accessible on public transport - Summer Hours (Short Fridays during summer) - Average (for the UK standards) benefits - Nice offices

Cons

- As employees we were seeing all these internal presentations about Clorox being a ‘People’s’ company and that it cares about its employees. That is not the case in the Richmond office. - High blame culture and working environment. - Extremely inefficient and unprofessional HR team who does not take seriously employees’ comments. - No teamwork feeling. Everyone is trying to cover their side. Instead of finding a solution they are just pointing fingers. I guess this comes from the top. - A lot of back stabbing. - Poor leadership team with no leadership skills whatsoever. - Aggressive attitude with no listening skills at all. There is one and only thing the leadership team cares about and this is ‘numbers’ (...no matter what). Not the quality of work, not the quality of the deliverable but... the number. - Don’t get me wrong, I am also 100% for the number (at the end of the day a company or business unit needs to perform and be profitable) as long as it is being done in a proper way and with a proper teamwork. Not something that will bring results now and will backfire later. - Also, I always promote and welcome a constructive argument (as heated as that maybe) but all of the above are far from constructive and more of ‘scoring points’ and creating an environment of dictatorship. - There are people there who are ‘getting away with murder’. They do whatever they want (from swearing to turning up at work late) without anyone (either from HR or from the leadership team) saying anything. Sure you will always get the odd person being like that but you have to project a certain level of ‘business manners’. - Just to summarise, if you are desperate to find a job or if you have such a thick skin that you can ‘zone out’ and not pay attention to any of these disturbing things described above and if going to a company with good values (not in theory but in practice) is not a priority for you then you will most probably not be bothered but if not then most certainly you will regret it. This review might seem or sound negative to you or as if I am being biased. This is not true and it is an honest review - of course from my point of view. Maybe I had higher expectations because of what I was reading about how Clorox is in the US or maybe I was just unlucky. One thing is for sure; I would not recommend it to anyone as long as this leadership team is there. If the company culture was different (I am talking about the UK office) then I would definitely want to be part of the Clorox company.

The Clorox Company2019-09-19

September 23, 2019

Thank you for making time to provide this feedback. We take these kinds of comments seriously and would like to follow up with you. Could you please provide your contact details to HR@clorox.com? You can also call the confidential compliance hotline at 1-888-9CLOROX (1-888-925-6769) or email cloroxcompliance@alertline.com.

3. "Clorox Review"

I have been working at The Clorox Company full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Family friendly company; Great work-life balance. Clear strategies and focus on core competencies Accessible leadership and genuine desire to develop people.

Cons

Risk averse at times which is common to large companies. Highly matrixed organization can slow down decision making.

The Clorox Company2016-10-26
  4. "Great place to work!"

in London, England

I have been working at The Clorox Company

Pros

Passionate People Collaborative and Communicative Culture Clear vision and identity Great Brands Flexibility Approachable and Honest Leadership The Company lives and breathes its values in every decision Reward and Recognition Fun Atmosphere Great place to work!

Cons

None that I can think of

The Clorox Company2016-10-26
  5. "Excellent company culture; great brands!"

Current Employee - Brand Manager in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at The Clorox Company full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Excellent company culture, great co-workers, solid work-life balance in many places within the company

Cons

There's generally a lack of good people managers within Brand marketing; people rotate so quickly that there's not as much continuity; no direct P&L management until senior (Director) levels

The Clorox Company2020-05-20

May 21, 2020

Thank you for providing this feedback, which we’ve shared with the appropriate leaders. We know great people managers are an essential part of a great work experience. That’s why we’ve invested in things like our year long Learn & Lead manager development program, inclusion initiatives like Breaking Bias, Marketing Nation monthly manager meetings and other learning opportunities to support people managers so they can better support you. Change doesn’t happen overnight, but we will get there.

6. "World Class Org"

Current Employee - Marketing Director in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at The Clorox Company full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Stability, locations, learning, quality people

Cons

Slow progress, not very creative

The Clorox Company2020-05-10

May 11, 2020

Thank you for making time to share this feedback. We’ve shared your comments with the appropriate leaders. One of our key choices in our IGNITE strategy is about working simpler, faster, bolder and more inclusively. Please keep speaking up and share your creative ideas. Change can take time, but we will get there if all us keep pushing for better ways to work.

7. "Good company"

4.0
    Former Employee - IT Vendor Manager in Pleasanton, CA

I worked at The Clorox Company full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Employee health care plan is very good

Cons

Decentralized organization with multiple stakeholders

The Clorox Company2020-04-24

April 27, 2020

We are glad you had a good experience working at the Clorox Company, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback!

8. "-"

Former Employee - Senior Project Engineer in Ciudad de México
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at The Clorox Company full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great work - life balance during that time

Cons

Slow moving, without standards and not challenging

The Clorox Company2020-04-24

April 27, 2020

Thank you for making time to share this feedback, and we will share your comments with the appropriate leaders. One of our key choices in our IGNITE strategy is about working simpler, faster, bolder and more inclusively. If you have additional details you think would be helpful, please email HR@Clorox.com, and we will follow up with you.

"Mixed Bag"

Current Employee - Associate Director in Oakland, CA

I have been working at The Clorox Company full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great brands and very dedicated employees. CEO has shown great leadership in the current pandemic. Very supportive of the employees and their health and safety.

Cons

Senior Leadership is out of touch, or chooses to ignore that salaries/benefits for the Bay area are low. There is a tremendous amount of work that goes into working for this CPG company with its large portfolio. Marketing leadership is way too disconnected to its people running the day to day business. Too many silos and chaos.

The Clorox Company2020-04-14

April 20, 2020

Thanks for making time to provide this feedback, which we are sharing with the appropriate leaders. A big part of our IGNITE strategy is working simpler, faster and bolder. We hope you’ll share your ideas with your manager when you see better ways of working.

"unsafe work enviorment"

Current Employee - Filling Machine Operator in Morrisville, NC

I have been working at The Clorox Company full-time for less than a year

Pros

If times were normal this is usually a great job and a great company

Cons

in the midst of all this corona outbreak, I feel it is unsafe especially for someone like myself with a weak immune system to be forced to travel back and forth to work in this virus!! we have had someone test positive i was told i could take an unpaid leave of absence if i was that worried but i would be required to use all my vacation and personal time first, its only april, meaning that once all this clears up i would have to work the rest of the year with no vacation personal or sick time just to try an protect myself and my children from getting sick i feel like the only reason we are being deemed essential is because we have the clorox name but this is burts bees this lip balm and lotion is high dollar and people are going to go after the cheaper brands before this one, why are we still being forced to come to work.

The Clorox Company2020-04-13

April 20, 2020

Thank you for sharing your concerns. We know this has been an anxious time, and we recognize everyone has a unique situation they’re managing. We’ve had all employees who can, work from home. For those who do need to conduct essential work onsite, we’ve taken a number of safety precautions – temperature screenings, enhanced disinfection protocols, social distancing, staggered shifts, and protective equipment. Importantly, anyone who is not comfortable being onsite has a choice, and can work with their manager and HR on things like a flexible work schedule or use sick, vacation, personal time and unpaid time off. We sincerely appreciate all the work you and the other 8,800 people are doing to serve our communities who rely on our products in their daily lives. For example, Burt’s Bees provides personal hygiene products that are paramount to protecting families—soaps, cleansers, moisturizers, and baby care products in particular. And through the Burt’s Bees brand, we’re giving people natural options to support their wellness choices. If you would like to discuss your situation further, we encourage you to reach out to your manager. Thanks for everything you’re doing to make a difference to consumers and communities

Found 789 reviews