The Clorox Company Reviews

Found 937 of over 1,101 reviews

4.1
The Clorox Company Chief Executive Officer Linda Rendle
Linda Rendle
Pros
  • "Amazing work life balance at clorox(in 258 reviews)

• "Great People, Great work-life balance(in 77 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Decision making can be slow at times and hope will improve(in 51 reviews)

• "Less work life balance during pandemic(in 25 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 10 years
      Featured Review

Great people, strong benefits, good career potential, growth oriented

Sep 9, 2020 - Strategic Project Manager in Rogers, AR
      Business Outlook

Pros

Solid culture, solid values, great brands. Job hubs in Oakland, CA and Atlanta, GA with multiple locations across the US and around the world. Compensation and benefits are very competitive. Wide variety of career paths with excellent potential for advancement.

Cons

Investment strategy can be somewhat short-sighted when competitive pressure is high. Tends to use headcount reduction as a primary means to cut cost.

4 people found this review helpful

Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for taking the time to write about your positive experience working at Clorox. Good luck with your future endeavors.

2. 5.0

Great company

Jul 16, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits. Still has a small company feeling so feel valued.

Cons

Lack of advancement options. Can be clicky.

3. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Europe Team

May 7, 2021 - Product Supply in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Small family team Excellent flexibility Pragmatic GM Office location (Richmond) Inclusive leadership Summer half-day Fridays

Cons

US driven products/formats/decisions don’t always make sense for UK/EU market Matrix organisation doesn’t work well for smaller international markets (outside USA)

The Clorox Company

We appreciate these comments as we are always looking for ways to improve.

4. 1.0
      Former Employee

Great if your face fits

Aug 10, 2020 - Administrative Assistant in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Peers Summer hours Health and dental insurance

Cons

Senior management are not ‘people’ persons and have little care for their staff of lower levels. Massive ‘favourite’ mentality on those that are lucky enough to progress.

2 people found this review helpful

Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for making time to share this feedback, which we have shared with the appropriate leaders. We’re disappointed you had this experience. Building an inclusive work environment, where everyone feels respected and valued, is a top strategic priority for us. We’ve also been focused on enabling our managers to better support their people. We’ll keep working on these areas, and we wish you well in your future endeavors.

5. 2.0
      Former Employee

Clorox UK - Richmond Office

Sep 19, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in Richmond, London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Good products - Nice location albeit not in central London - Easily accessible on public transport - Summer Hours (Short Fridays during summer) - Average (for the UK standards) benefits - Nice offices

Cons

- As employees we were seeing all these internal presentations about Clorox being a ‘People’s’ company and that it cares about its employees. That is not the case in the Richmond office. - High blame culture and working environment. - Extremely inefficient and unprofessional HR team who does not take seriously employees’ comments. - No teamwork feeling. Everyone is trying to cover their side. Instead of finding a solution they are just pointing fingers. I guess this comes from the top. - A lot of back stabbing. - Poor leadership team with no leadership skills whatsoever. - Aggressive attitude with no listening skills at all. There is one and only thing the leadership team cares about and this is ‘numbers’ (...no matter what). Not the quality of work, not the quality of the deliverable but... the number. - Don’t get me wrong, I am also 100% for the number (at the end of the day a company or business unit needs to perform and be profitable) as long as it is being done in a proper way and with a proper teamwork. Not something that will bring results now and will backfire later. - Also, I always promote and welcome a constructive argument (as heated as that maybe) but all of the above are far from constructive and more of ‘scoring points’ and creating an environment of dictatorship. - There are people there who are ‘getting away with murder’. They do whatever they want (from swearing to turning up at work late) without anyone (either from HR or from the leadership team) saying anything. Sure you will always get the odd person being like that but you have to project a certain level of ‘business manners’. - Just to summarise, if you are desperate to find a job or if you have such a thick skin that you can ‘zone out’ and not pay attention to any of these disturbing things described above and if going to a company with good values (not in theory but in practice) is not a priority for you then you will most probably not be bothered but if not then most certainly you will regret it. This review might seem or sound negative to you or as if I am being biased. This is not true and it is an honest review - of course from my point of view. Maybe I had higher expectations because of what I was reading about how Clorox is in the US or maybe I was just unlucky. One thing is for sure; I would not recommend it to anyone as long as this leadership team is there. If the company culture was different (I am talking about the UK office) then I would definitely want to be part of the Clorox company.

4 people found this review helpful

The Clorox Company Response

Thank you for making time to provide this feedback. We take these kinds of comments seriously and would like to follow up with you. Could you please provide your contact details to HR@clorox.com? You can also call the confidential compliance hotline at 1-888-9CLOROX (1-888-925-6769) or email cloroxcompliance@alertline.com.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Clorox Review

Oct 26, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Family friendly company; Great work-life balance. Clear strategies and focus on core competencies Accessible leadership and genuine desire to develop people.

Cons

Risk averse at times which is common to large companies. Highly matrixed organization can slow down decision making.

7. 5.0

Great place to work!

Oct 26, 2016 -  in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Passionate People Collaborative and Communicative Culture Clear vision and identity Great Brands Flexibility Approachable and Honest Leadership The Company lives and breathes its values in every decision Reward and Recognition Fun Atmosphere Great place to work!

Cons

None that I can think of

8. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 10 years

Great Place to Work

Jul 27, 2021 - Senior Director in Oakland, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very stable environment, strong progressive values, very smart and congenial employees, excellent work-life balance, great compensation/benefits

Cons

There really are very few - the company is consensus driven, which is a strength (inclusion) as well as a challenge (speed of decision making can be slow at times)

The Clorox Company

Thank you for making time to write about your experience at Clorox.

9. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 8 years

Leadership makes a difference

Jul 15, 2021 - Plant Maintenance Manager in Rogers, AR
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits and pay. Product handouts

Cons

Worst upper leadership I have ever seen in my 23+ year civilian/military career. If you have a degree and willing to move they promote. This encourages manager to quickly make their mark and move on and not have to live with results. This has allowed poor leaders to achieve high positions. Was the best place I every worked and quickly become the worst. Poor communication, micromanagement, retaliation if you disagree or voice a different opinion. I was very short handed or a long time. Asked for help and got a write up with falsified information.

The Clorox Company

Thanks for providing your feedback, which we’re sharing with the appropriate leaders. We’re disappointed your experience turned into a negative one. We want all employees to share their ideas and perspectives – that’s how we continue to improve. We take any instances of retaliation very seriously and invite you to email us at People@Clorox.com to provide more detail as you’re comfortable doing so.

10. 5.0

Great job

Jul 26, 2021 - Brand Manager in Ciudad de Mexico
      Business Outlook

Pros

They pay really well .

Cons

The company it's not present in every continent

The Clorox Company

Thank you for sharing, and we appreciate your feedback as we continue to make Clorox a better place to work.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 937 Reviews