The Clorox Company Reviews

4.0
The Clorox Company Chief Executive Officer Linda Rendle
Linda Rendle
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. Featured Review

"Great people, strong benefits, good career potential, growth oriented"

Former Employee - Strategic Project Manager in Rogers, AR

I worked at The Clorox Company full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Solid culture, solid values, great brands. Job hubs in Oakland, CA and Atlanta, GA with multiple locations across the US and around the world. Compensation and benefits are very competitive. Wide variety of career paths with excellent potential for advancement.

Cons

Investment strategy can be somewhat short-sighted when competitive pressure is high. Tends to use headcount reduction as a primary means to cut cost.

September 21, 2020Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for taking the time to write about your positive experience working at Clorox. Good luck with your future endeavors.

2. "Great company"

I have been working at The Clorox Company full-time

Pros

Good benefits. Still has a small company feeling so feel valued.

Cons

Lack of advancement options. Can be clicky.

"Great if your face fits"

1.0
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in London, England

I worked at The Clorox Company full-time

Pros

Peers Summer hours Health and dental insurance

Cons

Senior management are not ‘people’ persons and have little care for their staff of lower levels. Massive ‘favourite’ mentality on those that are lucky enough to progress.

August 14, 2020Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for making time to share this feedback, which we have shared with the appropriate leaders. We’re disappointed you had this experience. Building an inclusive work environment, where everyone feels respected and valued, is a top strategic priority for us. We’ve also been focused on enabling our managers to better support their people. We’ll keep working on these areas, and we wish you well in your future endeavors.

"Clorox UK - Richmond Office"

2.0
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richmond, London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at The Clorox Company full-time

Pros

- Good products - Nice location albeit not in central London - Easily accessible on public transport - Summer Hours (Short Fridays during summer) - Average (for the UK standards) benefits - Nice offices

Cons

- As employees we were seeing all these internal presentations about Clorox being a ‘People’s’ company and that it cares about its employees. That is not the case in the Richmond office. - High blame culture and working environment. - Extremely inefficient and unprofessional HR team who does not take seriously employees’ comments. - No teamwork feeling. Everyone is trying to cover their side. Instead of finding a solution they are just pointing fingers. I guess this comes from the top. - A lot of back stabbing. - Poor leadership team with no leadership skills whatsoever. - Aggressive attitude with no listening skills at all. There is one and only thing the leadership team cares about and this is ‘numbers’ (...no matter what). Not the quality of work, not the quality of the deliverable but... the number. - Don’t get me wrong, I am also 100% for the number (at the end of the day a company or business unit needs to perform and be profitable) as long as it is being done in a proper way and with a proper teamwork. Not something that will bring results now and will backfire later. - Also, I always promote and welcome a constructive argument (as heated as that maybe) but all of the above are far from constructive and more of ‘scoring points’ and creating an environment of dictatorship. - There are people there who are ‘getting away with murder’. They do whatever they want (from swearing to turning up at work late) without anyone (either from HR or from the leadership team) saying anything. Sure you will always get the odd person being like that but you have to project a certain level of ‘business manners’. - Just to summarise, if you are desperate to find a job or if you have such a thick skin that you can ‘zone out’ and not pay attention to any of these disturbing things described above and if going to a company with good values (not in theory but in practice) is not a priority for you then you will most probably not be bothered but if not then most certainly you will regret it. This review might seem or sound negative to you or as if I am being biased. This is not true and it is an honest review - of course from my point of view. Maybe I had higher expectations because of what I was reading about how Clorox is in the US or maybe I was just unlucky. One thing is for sure; I would not recommend it to anyone as long as this leadership team is there. If the company culture was different (I am talking about the UK office) then I would definitely want to be part of the Clorox company.

September 23, 2019

Thank you for making time to provide this feedback. We take these kinds of comments seriously and would like to follow up with you. Could you please provide your contact details to HR@clorox.com? You can also call the confidential compliance hotline at 1-888-9CLOROX (1-888-925-6769) or email cloroxcompliance@alertline.com.

5. "Great place to work!"

in London, England

I have been working at The Clorox Company

Pros

Passionate People Collaborative and Communicative Culture Clear vision and identity Great Brands Flexibility Approachable and Honest Leadership The Company lives and breathes its values in every decision Reward and Recognition Fun Atmosphere Great place to work!

Cons

None that I can think of

6. "Clorox Review"

I have been working at The Clorox Company full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Family friendly company; Great work-life balance. Clear strategies and focus on core competencies Accessible leadership and genuine desire to develop people.

Cons

Risk averse at times which is common to large companies. Highly matrixed organization can slow down decision making.

Continue reading
  7. "Facebook pay snack money"

Current Employee - Consumer Insights Manager

I have been working at The Clorox Company full-time

Pros

Microsoft.com main branch of business

Cons

Green dot card account alpha card

8. "Great Place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager

I have been working at The Clorox Company full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great company with great people; Excellent pay and benefits;

Cons

Can be a lot of bureaucracy as with any big company that slows down decision making. This is getting better.

March 5, 2021The Clorox Company

Thank you for sharing, and we appreciate your feedback as we continue to make Clorox a better place to work.

9. "Great Company, Great People!"

Current Employee - Sales Analyst in Durham, NC

I have been working at The Clorox Company full-time for less than a year

Pros

Kind people, family first, do teh right thing is a motto.

Cons

There have been noone so far.

March 2, 2021The Clorox Company

Thank you for providing your positive feedback about working at Clorox. We appreciate these comments as we are always looking for ways to improve.

10. "Great company"

Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at The Clorox Company full-time for more than a year

Pros

If you want to work with a small team and have a big impact on the engineering culture, then look no further than Clorox. You have a voice here.

Cons

None that I can think of.

February 23, 2021The Clorox Company