The Clorox Company Reviews

Found 981 of over 1,171 reviews

4.0
The Clorox Company Chief Executive Officer Linda Rendle
Linda Rendle
Pros
  • "Amazing work life balance at clorox(in 258 reviews)

• "Great People, Great work-life balance(in 77 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Decision making can be slow at times and hope will improve(in 51 reviews)

• "Less work life balance during pandemic(in 25 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great company

Jul 16, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits. Still has a small company feeling so feel valued.

Cons

Lack of advancement options. Can be clicky.

2. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Europe Team

May 7, 2021 - Product Supply in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Small family team Excellent flexibility Pragmatic GM Office location (Richmond) Inclusive leadership Summer half-day Fridays

Cons

US driven products/formats/decisions don’t always make sense for UK/EU market Matrix organisation doesn’t work well for smaller international markets (outside USA)

The Clorox Company

We appreciate these comments as we are always looking for ways to improve.

3. 1.0
      Former Employee

Great if your face fits

Aug 10, 2020 - Administrative Assistant in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Peers Summer hours Health and dental insurance

Cons

Senior management are not ‘people’ persons and have little care for their staff of lower levels. Massive ‘favourite’ mentality on those that are lucky enough to progress.

2 people found this review helpful

Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for making time to share this feedback, which we have shared with the appropriate leaders. We’re disappointed you had this experience. Building an inclusive work environment, where everyone feels respected and valued, is a top strategic priority for us. We’ve also been focused on enabling our managers to better support their people. We’ll keep working on these areas, and we wish you well in your future endeavors.

4. 2.0
      Former Employee

Clorox UK - Richmond Office

Sep 19, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in Richmond, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Good products - Nice location albeit not in central London - Easily accessible on public transport - Summer Hours (Short Fridays during summer) - Average (for the UK standards) benefits - Nice offices

Cons

- As employees we were seeing all these internal presentations about Clorox being a ‘People’s’ company and that it cares about its employees. That is not the case in the Richmond office. - High blame culture and working environment. - Extremely inefficient and unprofessional HR team who does not take seriously employees’ comments. - No teamwork feeling. Everyone is trying to cover their side. Instead of finding a solution they are just pointing fingers. I guess this comes from the top. - A lot of back stabbing. - Poor leadership team with no leadership skills whatsoever. - Aggressive attitude with no listening skills at all. There is one and only thing the leadership team cares about and this is ‘numbers’ (...no matter what). Not the quality of work, not the quality of the deliverable but... the number. - Don’t get me wrong, I am also 100% for the number (at the end of the day a company or business unit needs to perform and be profitable) as long as it is being done in a proper way and with a proper teamwork. Not something that will bring results now and will backfire later. - Also, I always promote and welcome a constructive argument (as heated as that maybe) but all of the above are far from constructive and more of ‘scoring points’ and creating an environment of dictatorship. - There are people there who are ‘getting away with murder’. They do whatever they want (from swearing to turning up at work late) without anyone (either from HR or from the leadership team) saying anything. Sure you will always get the odd person being like that but you have to project a certain level of ‘business manners’. - Just to summarise, if you are desperate to find a job or if you have such a thick skin that you can ‘zone out’ and not pay attention to any of these disturbing things described above and if going to a company with good values (not in theory but in practice) is not a priority for you then you will most probably not be bothered but if not then most certainly you will regret it. This review might seem or sound negative to you or as if I am being biased. This is not true and it is an honest review - of course from my point of view. Maybe I had higher expectations because of what I was reading about how Clorox is in the US or maybe I was just unlucky. One thing is for sure; I would not recommend it to anyone as long as this leadership team is there. If the company culture was different (I am talking about the UK office) then I would definitely want to be part of the Clorox company.

4 people found this review helpful

The Clorox Company Response

Thank you for making time to provide this feedback. We take these kinds of comments seriously and would like to follow up with you. Could you please provide your contact details to HR@clorox.com? You can also call the confidential compliance hotline at 1-888-9CLOROX (1-888-925-6769) or email cloroxcompliance@alertline.com.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great place to work!

Oct 26, 2016 -  in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Passionate People Collaborative and Communicative Culture Clear vision and identity Great Brands Flexibility Approachable and Honest Leadership The Company lives and breathes its values in every decision Reward and Recognition Fun Atmosphere Great place to work!

Cons

None that I can think of

6. 5.0

Clorox Review

Oct 26, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Family friendly company; Great work-life balance. Clear strategies and focus on core competencies Accessible leadership and genuine desire to develop people.

Cons

Risk averse at times which is common to large companies. Highly matrixed organization can slow down decision making.

7. 4.0

Clorox, Thriving in Covid

Nov 23, 2021 - Senior Director in Oakland, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Clorox is top of the class at being a fast follower, leveraging consumer insights to create new flavors, fragrances, and packaging changes. During Covid, Clorox had to pivot quickly and focus resources on supply to keep up with the surge in demand for disinfecting products.

Cons

Clorox struggles to develop longer term strategies, disruptive technologies, and game changing product launches. Part of the reason is because of the success and amount of volume current brands generate, there is less of an emphasis on risky smaller ventures that might have long term gain.

The Clorox Company

Thank you for sharing, and we appreciate your feedback as we continue to make Clorox a better place to work.

8. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 8 years

Nepotism-Politics-Favoritism

Nov 12, 2021 - Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Half day Fridays during the summer.

Cons

My headline is REAL, company is ran like a good ole boys/girl network. Does not matter how much experience or added value you bring. Employees are members of a popularity contest, if you don't fit in, you won't win. Senior level managers and directors who have a plantation owner mindset. Good talent walks out the door on a regular basis.

7 people found this review helpful

The Clorox Company

Thank you for providing this feedback, which we’re sharing with leaders. We all want to feel seen, respected, heard and fairly rewarded. We’re disappointed that wasn’t your experience. If you’d be willing to provide more details to help us continue to improve, we’d welcome it at people@clorox.com. In the meantime, we wish you well.

9. 3.0

Very old school

Nov 21, 2021 - Supply Chain Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very good products and benefits

Cons

Very old school in ways of working. They are very slow to progress on innovation and technology

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great company - cares about employees

Nov 4, 2021 - Materials Manager in Alpharetta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

First off the benefits of the company far out weight the pay, and for me the pay is on par with the rest of the CPG companies. the company really values its employees and the work life balance, other companies just state it, Clorox live by it.

Cons

working between grade levels can get difficult as a good bit of people could be trying tog et in the same grade level and the amount of openings may be smaller than the number of people looking to move.

The Clorox Company

Thank you for providing your positive feedback about working at Clorox. We appreciate these comments as we are always looking for ways to improve.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 981 Reviews