The Clorox Company Employee Reviews about "decision making"

Updated Jan 6, 2021

Found 51 of over 1,140 reviews

4.1
The Clorox Company Chief Executive Officer Linda Rendle
Linda Rendle
Pros
  • "Amazing work life balance at clorox(in 258 reviews)

• "Great People, Great work-life balance(in 77 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Decision making can be slow at times and hope will improve(in 51 reviews)

• "Less work life balance during pandemic(in 25 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "decision making"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Clorox Review

Oct 26, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Family friendly company; Great work-life balance. Clear strategies and focus on core competencies Accessible leadership and genuine desire to develop people.

Cons

Risk averse at times which is common to large companies. Highly matrixed organization can slow down decision making.

2. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Good work-life balance, but slow pace and low power in R&D

Jan 6, 2021 - R&D Scientist in Pleasanton, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Predictable 40hr/wk schedule with flexible WFH, half day Fridays are great - Good middle management (group managers) that cares about you genuinely - Many opportunities to move around the organization - Good culture, I felt my coworkers respected each other and got along well

Cons

- Marketing runs the show, so technical advances in R&D are undervalued - Very slow pace of projects, slow and ever-changing decision making at Leadership Team level - While there are many opportunities to move around the organization, promotions seem to heavily weight time in role more than effectiveness - Overall, I do not think scientists feel a great deal of purpose in their work here

2 people found this review helpful
    3. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Four CIOs in Four Years. IT has Poorest Reputation of any Business Function

Dec 13, 2020 - IT Minion
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great Salary, and benefits. Business units appear to be well run. Hopeful with new CEO and CIO

Cons

High Drama, Bureaucratic, Slow, Indecisive Decision making, Old-fashioned Data Center Mentality, No Career path. IT has a poor reputation with the business.

Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for providing your feedback, and we’ve shared this with the appropriate leaders. We agree there has been a lot of change over the years for IT, and that can be difficult. We do feel good about the strategic and structural changes announced in the past few months. We also encourage you to keep speaking up and sharing your ideas to help us find better ways to work.

4. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 8 years

Amazing culture!

Jun 3, 2020 - Corporate Quality Assurance Manager in Kennesaw, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Opportunity for growth Great Leadership Learning environment Strong values

Cons

Some times the matrix organization does not support the decision making process

The Clorox Company Response

We are glad you had a good experience working at the Clorox Company, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback!

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Amazing Culture and People

Sep 18, 2019 - Human Resources in Pleasanton, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Simply the best company that I’ve ever worked at. Tremendous leadership, great work flexibility and a strong focus on inclusion and diversity, plus amazing brands. 401(k)+++

Cons

Decision making can be slow at times and hope will improve. Pay is less than competitive but is balanced with work flexibility and great culture.

1 person found this review helpful

The Clorox Company Response

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback about the Clorox Company. We appreciate it.

6. 4.0
      Former Employee

Great company, lots of layers

Sep 11, 2019 - Marketing Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people, career development training

Cons

Slow decision making, people get stuck in their ways, management doesn't take responsibility

The Clorox Company Response

We appreciate the time taken to provide your comments. Thank you.

7. 4.0
      Former Employee

Excellent place for the right person; Outstanding people & culture

Jun 9, 2019 - Associate Marketing Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Coworkers have a positive attitude and want to excel. Leaders care about people and health of the business. Great extracurricular events for marketing teams. Plenty of opportunities to receive training (online, self-paced and in-person). Typically assigned a variety of projects that give insight into other areas of the company (creative, sales, supply chain, etc.). Company is very self-aware and constantly seeking to improve the already strong culture and overall work experience. Heart of the company is generous and community oriented with a lot of community-centered efforts in place to get involved with.

Cons

"The Clorox Way" is alive and well, though the company is working hard to shake it. Leaders in the company try not to require a specific way to do things, but will inevitably revert to requiring that tasks are accomplished a specific way. A lot of "unspoken" expectations inherent in "The Clorox Way" that can be tricky for new AMM's to navigate. It can become annoying for an "outside the box" thinker, as the boundaries set in place at the company seem to be meant to drive standardization (or "efficiency") but instead stifle diversity of thought and creativity. Some leaders were well developed as AMM's, but not as future leaders which can affect how an AMM's experience varies from one boss to another. Company is heavily reliant on data- almost too much, and at the cost of quick decision making. Decisions tend to require a lot of deep thought/analysis before action- scared to fail which hinders what could be an innovative and nimble culture.

2 people found this review helpful

The Clorox Company Response

We appreciate the time taken to provide this feedback. We will share this information internally as we are alwaying looking for ways to improve.

8. 4.0
      Current Employee

Smart People and Great Opportunities

Jan 17, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Access and visibility to leadership -Highly intelligent colleagues -Opportunity to have autonomy and impact

Cons

-Slow to make decisions and execute both small and large enterprise initiatives -Compensation could be better and more commensurate for the Bay Area especially

The Clorox Company Response

We appreciate your insight regarding The Clorox Company. We are always striving to improve as a company and love hearing your feedback about changes to our Total Rewards package. We will share your suggestions internally.

9. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Great Work life balance, move at your own pace

Jun 5, 2018 - HRIS Manager in Pleasanton, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Clorox Culture, People and Brands

Cons

Slow Decision making, Older Technology, Legacy Process

The Clorox Company Response

We appreciate your feedback.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Encouraging Direction

Mar 12, 2018 - Regional Sales Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very competitive pay, great work/life balance, clear direction from top-down

Cons

slow to make decisions, overthinking that is indicative of a 105 year old company

Viewing 1 - 10 of 51 Reviews