The Co-operative Bank Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Found 176 reviews

3.2
The Co-operative Bank CEO Andrew Bester
Andrew Bester
Pros
  • "Good work/life balance and flexible working from home scheme ideal for parents(in 15 reviews)

• "Good people policies and culture(in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • "Senior management continue to bring in their colleagues from previous employers it is clearly not what you know but who is your mate(in 11 reviews)

• "No direction and poor management(in 8 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Flexible and dedicated to employees"

Current Employee - Acquisition Coordinator in Manchester, England

I have been working at The Co-operative Bank full-time for less than a year

Pros

Refreshing to work within such a dedicated team and positive working environment. It is obvious from the outset that everyone feels valued for their work and opinions. Everyone is really passionate about the Co Op Bank's values which is really nice to see. From day one I have been given great exposure to different areas of the business and I was surprised by the number of internal opportunities available to existing... employees. The flexible working policy is fantastic. It means that I can work around my family without compromising on my work or time at home. Who says you can't have both!

Cons

None encountered as of yet

The Co-operative Bank2019-06-18

July 19, 2019Operations Resourcing Partner

Wow! We love a five star review. Especially as you call out how much we live our values. To us, they are at the heart of what we do and how we behave. We are also really happy to hear how our flexible working policies are giving you the right work life balance.

2. "Fabulous welcome and an exciting start in a great company..."

Current Employee - Chief Operating Officer in Manchester, England

I have been working at The Co-operative Bank full-time for less than a year

Pros

The Co-operative Bank are People with Purpose and determined to change banking in to a more ethical and values based industry. Our Customer First approach is deep routed and embedded into the way we work. There is no end of opportunity and challenge available for those with the skills, energy and experience. We are a diverse group and want to ensure we improve that diversity further, especially at the senior... levels.

Cons

Clearly the bank has had a torrid time over the last 10 years and there is still plenty of risk to be managed. For those not interested in challenge and addressing risks and issues then this is not the place for you...

Advice to Management

Keep the culture and continue to fix the issues... the strategy is a great one...

The Co-operative Bank2019-07-16

July 19, 2019Operations Resourcing Partner

We couldn’t agree more! Our Bank is a really exciting place to work right now, yes we have challenges but with that comes amazing opportunity. We are inclusive, we are passionate and together we will build the ethical Bank of the future. Thanks for joining us and leaving a 5 star review!

3. "Needs overhaul"

Current Employee - Engineer

I have been working at The Co-operative Bank full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good work life balance especially if you have a family

Cons

Tech is way behind competitors leaving it at a huge risk in the industry Too many middle managers

The Co-operative Bank2019-10-07
  4. "Cooperative Bank"

Current Employee - Customer Service Advocate in Skelmersdale, England

I have been working at The Co-operative Bank full-time for less than a year

Pros

Brilliant training which provides great understanding of the job.

Cons

Can get boring at times and numerous phone calls with same questions makes job predictable with no new challenges

The Co-operative Bank2019-09-04

October 2, 2019Operations Resourcing Partner

Thank you for your review and your great feedback regarding our induction programme. We invest a lot of time in training new starters into our contact centres. It is a busy, challenging environment and we recognise that we have to continually look to ways to multi-skill our colleagues to provide opportunities for development.

5. "A refreshing and flexible place to work but definitely areas to improve"

Current Employee - Digital in Manchester City Centre, England

I have been working at The Co-operative Bank full-time for less than a year

Pros

Flexible working hours, work from home days and 'dress for your day' policies show that the Bank really trust its staff and want us to have a true work-life balance. Most of the people in the bank are great to work with and get on with. The kind of people you genuinely look forward to seeing on a Monday. Day-to-day it is a great place to work.

Cons

Teams in digital aren't always taken seriously, more can be done to transform the bank into a forward-thinking bank that can actually compete with challengers. A lot of 'processes' but not much output. Long-term, it could become draining.

The Co-operative Bank2019-08-15

October 2, 2019Operations Resourcing Partner

Our Digital team is at heart of our strategy to create a sustainable, digital Bank that provides our customers with great products and services. We know we have to continue to invest and become more agile in the way we work. With the great people we have, the positive working environment we have created, and all that we are doing to empower our people, we know we can get there. Thank you for coming with us on the journey!

6. "Good place to work"

Former Employee - Digital Marketing Manager in Manchester, England

I worked at The Co-operative Bank full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great digital people and fair employer.

Cons

Value proposition creates a challenge in a sales role.

The Co-operative Bank2019-08-15

October 2, 2019Operations Resourcing Partner

We have invested significantly in our Digital team over the last couple of years, so thank you for recognising our great colleagues in this area. We are proud of the teams we are building and how we all put our values at the forefront of what we do. Good luck in your new role!

7. "Under funded organisation that creates high degrees of stress And is failing to deliver on its values."

I worked at The Co-operative Bank full-time for more than a year

Pros

Location is good, colleagues are very pleasant

Cons

Senior management team change as fast as day and night Workload and hours Poor recognition

Advice to Management

Don’t just publish your values, apply them and benefit from them - for customers, colleagues and supply partners. Just not happening today

The Co-operative Bank2019-08-27

October 2, 2019Operations Resourcing Partner

Our Bank is investing a significant amount of money into transforming our business. This is critical to our 5-year strategy to build a sustainable business that continues to have values and ethics at the heart. This strategy has meant changing our leadership team to ensure we can deliver this. It has also meant taking on some serious challenges. We recognise we need to all we can to support and value our colleagues. Feedback like this helps us to build more ways in which we can do this.

8. "Great Company"

Former Employee - Customer Service Officer

I worked at The Co-operative Bank full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good people policies and culture. Interesting work and achievable objectives

Cons

Can be a high pressure environment.

The Co-operative Bank2019-08-05

August 8, 2019Operations Resourcing Partner

We love a 5 star review! And thank you for all the hard work you've done, day in, day out putting our Customers First. We do our best to be a great place to work. Yes we agree that we have challenges but this is what makes it exciting!

9. "Customer Contact Team Leader"

Current Employee - Team Leader in Manchester, England

I have been working at The Co-operative Bank full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great people and on the up!

Cons

They have helped me in my career so difficult to say cons!

The Co-operative Bank2019-07-24

August 8, 2019Operations Resourcing Partner

Positive feedback from our colleagues in Customer facing areas makes us smile! And thank you for choosing our Bank as the place to progress your career. We actively promote internal opportunities and do our best to develop hard working, passionate colleagues such as yourself. Good luck continuing your career with us!

10. "Good Place to Work"

Former Employee - Case Handler

I worked at The Co-operative Bank full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good environment Supportive Management Good facilities

Cons

Lower pay than industry average Friends of management get management jobs

The Co-operative Bank2019-07-20

July 23, 2019Operations Resourcing Partner

Thank you for your 4 star review. All our roles are advertised and we have a fair and consistent process to ensure we recruit the best person for the job. We also use market data to ensure we pay competitively. Feedback like this helps us to do more to embed this right across our business. Great to hear your positive feedback about our leaders and how good our working environment is. We think its pretty good too!

Found 176 reviews