The Entertainer Reviews

Found 236 of over 268 reviews

3.7
The Entertainer Founder Gary Grant
Gary Grant
Pros
  • "Well-run, Sundays always off, friendly environment(in 30 reviews)

• "Fun to play with the toys to demonstrate(in 12 reviews)

• Cons
  • "I had to dye my hair to a "normal" colour for it, area manager was a bit moody towards me but i didn't have too much contact with her(in 14 reviews)

• "long hours if you have dependants, especially at Christmas(in 8 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Decent for student

Jun 21, 2022 - Sales Assistant in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- fairly easy work - fun at times

Cons

- strict schedule and rota - Christmas extreamly busy

The Entertainer Response

Hello, Thank you for the time you have taken to tell us about your experience. It's great to see you'd recommend us to others. If you'd like to leave us any further feedback or discuss the points you have shared in further detail, please email us at Responses@theentertainer.com. Thank you.

2. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Decent

Jun 5, 2022 - Customer Assistant
      Business Outlook

Pros

Positive working environment nice colleagues

Cons

Unboxing, Christmas parties, targets, not selling Harry Potter

The Entertainer Response

Hello, Thank you for the time you have taken to tell us about your experience, its great to see you would recommend us to others! There are some points in this review I would like to discuss further with you please can you emails us at Responses@theentertainer.com. Thank you.

3. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Really Enjoyable place to work

Jun 1, 2022 - Supervisor in Birmingham, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Really keen on progression opportunities.

Cons

long hours during peak trade, but only as expected.

Continue reading

The Entertainer Response

Hi, Thank you for the time you have taken to tell us about your experience. Its great to see you would recommend us to others and you have a positive outlook on our progression opportunities. We value the opinions of all our colleagues past and present and as a current employee, we would like the opportunity to discuss some of the points you have raised further which will help us improve our employee experience. Please can you email us at Responses@theentertainer.com. Thank you.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Overall good company

May 29, 2022 - Principal Software Engineer in Lahore
      Business Outlook

Pros

No micromanagement, no late sitting

Cons

Sometime create issue on salary raise

Continue reading

The Entertainer Response

Hi, Thank you for the time you have taken to send us your review. Please can you email us at Responses@theentertainer.com so we can discuss the points you have raised further with you. Thank you.

5. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Excellent

May 19, 2022 - Customer Assistant
      Business Outlook

Pros

Brilliant staff Flexible Fun environment to work in Good pay Holidays Brilliant job for people who are studying

Cons

Christmas is very busy Selling targets

The Entertainer Response

Hi, Thank you so much for your 5 star review and taking the time to tell us about your experience. If you would like to leave us any further feedback please get in touch with us at Responses@theentertainer.com.

6. 4.0
      Former Employee

Good pay

May 16, 2022 - Retail Sales Assistant
      Business Outlook

Pros

friendly coworkers not very busy

Cons

thé breaks are not payed

The Entertainer Response

Hello, Thank you for the time you have taken to tell us about your experience. If you'd like to leave us any further feedback or discuss any other the points you have raised, please email us at Responses@theentertainer.com.

7. 5.0
      Former Employee

Good Part time Job

May 12, 2022 - Sales Assistant
      Business Outlook

Pros

Management was very helpful when working around my schedule.

Cons

There were not any cons to this job

The Entertainer Response

Thank you for sending us your 5 star review! If you'd like to give us any further feedback, please email us at responses@theentertainer.com.

8. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Backwards Culture

May 10, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Early finish on a friday

Cons

Very dated culture and working styles, managers are set in ways. Not very diverse or inclusive. Over worked and under paid. Dictatorship like management structure. Lots of long term employees who do not want to adapt and change to modern working styles.

The Entertainer Response

Hello, I’d like to take this opportunity to thank you for the time you have taken to tell us about your experience. We value the opinions of all our colleagues, past and present and we are sad to hear you feel your experience is not reflective of our core values. As a current employee, it’s important we speak with you as soon as possible so we can resolve the issues you are currently facing. Please can you email us at responses@theentertainer.com so we can discuss your review confidentially. Thank you.

9. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

It was a good job

May 8, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

The team was really good

Cons

Could be stressful over holiday periods

The Entertainer Response

Thank you for sending us your review. If you'd like to leave us any further feedback or discuss the points you have raised in more detail, please email us at responses@theentertainer.com

10. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Warehouse assistence

May 2, 2022 - Data Warehouse Database Administrator in Amersham, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

it was a nice company to enhance knowledge

Cons

i worked in third party payroll.

The Entertainer Response

Hello, Thank you for the time you have taken to tell us about your experience. So we can understand the points you have raised in your 1 star review, we'd like to discuss this in more detail with you. Please email us at responses@theentertainer.com. Thank you.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 236 Reviews

The Entertainer Reviews FAQs

The Entertainer has an overall rating of 3.7 out of 5, based on over 268 reviews left anonymously by employees. 69% of employees would recommend working at The Entertainer to a friend and 54% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -6% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, The Entertainer employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.3 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at The Entertainer. This rating has decreased by -8% over the last 12 months.

69% of The Entertainer employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated The Entertainer 3.3 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.7 for culture and values and 3.2 for career opportunities.

Popular Careers with The Entertainer Job Seekers