The Good Care Group Reviews

Updated 23 Jul 2020

4.7
The Good Care Group Managing Director Dominique Kent (no image)
Dominique Kent
Pros
  • "The good care group strive to take the caring profession to the level it should be(in 35 reviews)

• "The Good Care Group have made the 2 years I have worked for them the most pleasurable experience I have ever had in the 24 years of working in care(in 31 reviews)

Cons
  • "Daily food allowances are not paid to carers with special dietary requirements(in 19 reviews)

• "There are no cons I enjoyed my time working for this company(in 13 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Outstanding company to work for"

Former Employee - Professional Carer in London, England

I worked at The Good Care Group full-time

Pros

Training constant, if in doubt ask they will support what ever you are lacking training. They are consistently compassionate to staff, happy on the end of he line no matter what time of day... I've never had issues with my salary and years of service is monitored and qualifications monitored and pay bands. All my managers every single one from the moment I excepted a placement right by my side.

Cons

None... Its down to you to communicated, they are 100% behind you, don't ever think they are not.... Talk to them. No cons I promise.

January 30, 2020The Good Care Group

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave such a nice review. We are incredibly proud of our professional Carers and the team who supports them, together we really do deliver Outstanding care. Thank you very much for being part of that.

2. COVID-19

"Security of employment and excellent management support"

5.0
    Current Employee - Professional Live-in Carer in Dorchester, South West England, England

I have been working at The Good Care Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great direct manager support from two out of the three long term managers I have worked under, the third no longer works with the company. Managing Director who has a high profile voice in the overall industry and fights for the rights of care workers. Clear, practical and honest information, support and advice during COVID 19. The backing of a large international health care company

Cons

A lapse in the efficiency of marking training course work which could be purely a one-off but otherwise no visible disadvantages to any other similar care provider as an employer

July 6, 2020The Good Care Group

Thanks for the taking the time for leaving a review. We are really pleased that you feel communication is clear and that you get great support from care managers. Thank you for providing outstanding care to our clients.

3. "great support"

Current Employee - Live-in Carer in London, England

I have been working at The Good Care Group full-time

Pros

excellent support, great training and ongoing, great office team, scheduling ect, good holiday allowance, annual review (increase earning potential

Cons

rotas no always great but they do try hard to to get you what you want

July 23, 2020The Good Care Group

Thank you very much for your review. We are really thrilled you feel supported and think there's a great team in the office - something we work really hard at. Thank you for being part of what makes us 'Outstanding'.

4. "If you can be anything..be KIND"

Current Employee - Professional Carer in Shrivenham, England

I have been working at The Good Care Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

respect, support, kindness, fairness encouraging

Cons

anything can be solve with great communication

June 17, 2020The Good Care Group

Great advice, kindness goes a long way. Thank you very much for sharing your experiences of The Good Care Group, it's great to see that you feel supported in your role. Thank you for the care you give every day #nowherebetter

5. "Professional care"

Current Employee - Live-in Carer in Stratford-upon-Avon, England

I have been working at The Good Care Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good life balance, the quality of care I can give to my client, the individual needs of my client are provided to a high standard that makes me feel proud & valued. To personally get to know the person you work for & bring a support system to help them, quality of care, not just a job. The team that support you are always available.

Cons

Being away from family can be difficult at times, sharing with other personalities can be challenging, you have to have good interpersonal skills & maturity to move forward when communication is hard.

June 22, 2020The Good Care Group

First and foremost: thank you very much for helping our clients live safely in the comfort of their own home. We are really pleased to hear you feel supported by The Good Care Group. Living away can be difficult but we hope that resources such as the online Carer Community which allows you to stay in touch with colleagues and exchange ideas etc helps.

6. "The Good Care Group"

Current Employee - Professional Carer

I have been working at The Good Care Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Admin staff are supportive and most care managers as well. Travelling policy - support to live abroad and free in the UK

Cons

The zero hour contract - a problem of this industry

June 17, 2020The Good Care Group

Thank you very much for taking time to leave a review. We are really pleased you feel supported and appreciate our generous travel policy. Thank you so much for helping our clients stay safely at home #nowherebetter

7. "Disgusting management"

1.0
    Former Employee - Home Carer

I worked at The Good Care Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Nothing good about them at all

Cons

Honestly, disgusting management they don't care for staff and are very judgemental regarding mental health plus the rate of pay is disgusting and depending on your clicents time can work out under minimum wage

June 24, 2020The Good Care Group

We are saddened that this is your perception of The Good Care Group. We pride ourselves on the support we provide to both our Professional carers and Support teams throughout their employment journey, and often get feedback that professional carers really value this support . This ongoing support; face to face, online and 24/7 is one of the factors that makes us an employer of choice. At every stage of the employment journey we have tools and processes in place to support our team and any declared mental health matters, we work closely with our OH practitioner and our Admiral nurse in such situations to provide personalised support structures and we absolutely don't agree that anyone here are judgemental regarding mental health issues. Similarly, we regularly review our pay and benefits, we are most confident the sum of our entire package is competitive in our industry. Finally, we absolutely refute any suggestion that anyone would be expected to work excessive hours, we have safeguards in place to ensure that no one exceeds their DAHA or has any NMW breach.

8. "Very rewarding job"

Current Employee - Carer in London, England

I have been working at The Good Care Group part-time for more than a year

Pros

It's a pleasure helping my client maintain her independence, surrounded by possessions that mean so much to her. I feel well supported by my Care Manager and have been offered career progression and training.

Cons

Occasional lack of communication between departments

March 11, 2020The Good Care Group

Thank you very much for your review, we are pleased to hear you feel well supported and that you have been offered training and opportunities to progress your career. And thank you for caring!

9. "Varied and interesting"

Former Employee - Live-In Professional Carer in Sheffield, England

I worked at The Good Care Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Working as a live in Carer you are offered a first class training and development programme. The work is varied, all over the UK, pay good and office staff in London helpful.

Cons

The role involves being away from loved ones.

December 19, 2019The Good Care Group

Thank you very much for your review - we are indeed still recruiting from the EU! Great to hear that you enjoyed the training and development we offer - thanks for being part of what allows us to provide first class care to our clients.

"Outstanding employee support."

Current Employee - Professional Live In Carer in Edinburgh, Scotland
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at The Good Care Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

They have an outstanding employee support process, I needed to leave my placement because of a family emergency and they had a replacement for me there within a few hours. The support I received from them over the next couple of days went way above and beyond the obligatory service I would of expected.

Cons

The cut off system for wages, sometimes because of the system that they have in place you have to get your hours in for that date otherwise you have to wait till the next month .

November 14, 2019The Good Care Group

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a review. We're pleased to hear you feel supported - thank you for being part of what makes this an 'Outstanding' organisation.

Found 207 reviews