The Good Care Group Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

The Good Care Group Reviews

Updated 19 Nov 2019

4.8
The Good Care Group Managing Director Dominique Kent (no image)
Dominique Kent
Pros
  • "The good care group strive to take the caring profession to the level it should be(in 34 reviews)

• "The Good Care Group have made the 2 years I have worked for them the most pleasurable experience I have ever had in the 24 years of working in care(in 30 reviews)

Cons
  • "Daily food allowances are not paid to carers with special dietary requirements(in 19 reviews)

• "Have to be willing to work away from home(in 11 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Professional Carer"

Current Employee - Professional Carer in London, England

I have been working at The Good Care Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Carers are really valued and supported 24/7 Ongoing support in pursuing additional qualifications: Care Certificate, Level 2 Diploma for Care Workers and beyond, condition specific courses Promotion from within Senior management hands on and very approachable Unique company culture in the sector - collaboration and teamwork a key focus Employment package for carers by far the most generous in the UK health and social care private sector

Cons

Not the job for you unless you're passionate about consistently delivering a very high standard of care and prepared to be flexible.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing! I'm proud to be one of the team :)

The Good Care Group2019-05-13
  2. "Varied and interesting"

Former Employee - Live-In Professional Carer in Sheffield, England

I worked at The Good Care Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Working as a live in Carer you are offered a first class training and development programme. The work is varied, all over the UK, pay good and office staff in London helpful.

Cons

The role involves being away from loved ones.

Advice to Management

Recruit from other EU countries while you have the chance ;-)

The Good Care Group2019-11-19

"Outstanding employee support."

Current Employee - Professional Live In Carer in Edinburgh, Scotland
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at The Good Care Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

They have an outstanding employee support process, I needed to leave my placement because of a family emergency and they had a replacement for me there within a few hours. The support I received from them over the next couple of days went way above and beyond the obligatory service I would of expected.

Cons

The cut off system for wages, sometimes because of the system that they have in place you have to get your hours in for that date otherwise you have to wait till the next month .

The Good Care Group2019-11-05

"Good Company"

Former Employee - Live-in Carer in London, England

I worked at The Good Care Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

They pay the transportation and the food in the clients house

Cons

dealing with some colleagues in some departments in the office

The Good Care Group2019-09-10

"Senior professional carer"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Leatherhead, England

I have been working at The Good Care Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

The good care group suits me as I can be flexible with my work pattern which gives me work life balance

Cons

If you are alive in carer you can become isolated at times.

Advice to Management

Apart from supervision and appraisals, it seems you only hear from managers when there are problems, maybe a weekly phone call to see if the carer needs any support.

The Good Care Group2019-05-15

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Professional Carer in Chichester, England

I have been working at The Good Care Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great training High pay Constant support

Cons

There are no downsides

Advice to Management

The management should select carers in some cases more carefully

The Good Care Group2019-05-09
  7. "Ayan Osman"

Current Employee - Professional Carer in Newburn, England

I have been working at The Good Care Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

I don’t feel going to work every time I’m coming back from my break. I feel like going to my second home. The good care group looks after the employees and the clients. I’m lucky and humbled to find this company.

Cons

I don’t have any downside to share about the good care group. The name says enough.

The Good Care Group2019-05-10

"Good Company to Work"

Current Employee - Senior Professional Carer in London, England

I have been working at The Good Care Group full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I am with the Company for more than 8 years and that the most important sign what proves that the Company is really good. All this time I was able to get a support from the management on all levels. You could get it 24/7. The Company really cares for their employees.

Cons

The most important problem is that sometimes you should work very long hours, 12-16.

Advice to Management

The placements with very challenging clients and long working hours should have an appropriate DAHA.

The Good Care Group2019-05-05

"I love working for The Good Care Group"

Current Employee - Professional Carer in London, England

I have been working at The Good Care Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

I get fantastic support from my Care Manager and Carer Services . It’s a big company with lots of in house possibilities and opportunities to further your skills and it still has a family feeling . I did my homework on TGCG before I joined and they have exceeded my expectations as an employer . The CEO Dominque Kent is so accessible and friendly and recognizes the importance of the front line carers . She even rang me up in placement on Christmas Day to wish me happy Christmas and thank me !!!

Cons

I don’t really find cons , you need to go into Care work with your eyes open , no one can say it will be easy , but the more challenging the situation or behavior , the greater the feeling of achievement and satisfaction is .

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what you are doing , don’t loose that big family feeling and keep focused on the fact that everything we ALL do is dedicated to making the daily life’s of our clients that much better and keeping them healthy and happy in their own homes .

The Good Care Group2019-05-03
  10. "Champions of excellence in person centred care and employee welfare."

Current Employee - Rapid Response Professional Carer in Standish, North West England, England

I have been working at The Good Care Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I have worked for The Good Care Group for over 3 years now and can honestly say that they genuinely are the best company I have worked for. They champion excellence in person centred care for our clients but are also passionate about the welfare of the staff. Live in care can be a very isolated job but I have never felt alone and there is always competent, compassionate support just a phone call away 24 hours a day 365 days a year. They offer an excellent and comprehensive training programme, with regular refresher days and opportunities to take on more advanced training where appropriate. There is a wonderful open door culture and staff are invited to comment and make suggestions and are listened to by senior managements and directors. As a result I feel valued and respected as a crucial cog in a growing machine. Regular supervisions and an effective annual appraisal process. The company promotes person centred care to the very highest of standards but also take excellent care of us as staff. There is also a fantastic employee assistance programme Transport costs are covered within the UK by the company. There is a good grade system for career progression with clear parameters and lots of opportunities for professional development.

Cons

The DAHA allowance for working in excess of 10 hours per day is not paid to everyone. Daily food allowances are not paid to carers with special dietary requirements. If carers look after a couple in their own home, the additional daily pay they receive is not very much at all and is not graduated according to the client's needs.

Advice to Management

Pay couples care allowance on a sliding or graduated scale according to the client needs. Keep it low for couples where there is a higher level of independence and raise it where carers have more responsibilities. A 3 tier system for low, moderate and higher needs would be great. Assess each request for daily food allowance individually and make it an opt out system for Relief Team and Rapid Response as we often arrive in placements where there is no provision for our arrival. Lastly, keep on doing what you are doing! The company was a lot smaller when I joined in January 2016 and it feels like a family. I sincerely hope that recent meteoric success and growth will not have an negative impact on that.

The Good Care Group2019-05-03