The Good Care Group Reviews

Found 227 of over 257 reviews

4.4
The Good Care Group Business Director Janet Bill
Janet Bill
Pros
  • "And offer excellent support to its carers(in 46 reviews)

• "It's been my eighth year with The Good Care Group and I am still here(in 40 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Daily food allowances are not paid to carers with special dietary requirements(in 21 reviews)

• "Have to be willing to work away from home(in 11 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Featured Review

I love working for The Good Care Group

12 Sep 2020 - Professional Live-in Carer in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

I love working for The Good Care Group. I have been with them for 4 years and I have had wonderful managers. I have always felt supported. I drive to my placements which take me all over England and this I always love. I would without any hesitation recommend The Good Care Group

Cons

I am lucky that I have never had any bad experiences TGCG

1 person found this review helpful

The Good Care Group

Thank you very much for your lovely review. We put a lot of effort into supporting our professional carers so that they can do their best work with our clients and we are really pleased that you feel that. Thanks for being part of an outstanding team and the care you provide.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great culture and people

18 May 2021 - Marketing Manager in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing people, excellent support, friendly

Cons

High work load and demand at times

The Good Care Group Response

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. Support is incredibly important to us and it is lovely to read that you feel the support at The Good Care Group is excellent. Thank you for being a part of our team, we are very proud of the difference everyone at TGCG makes and couldn't agree with you more - we think our people are amazing too!

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Outstanding support and opportunities to grow.

2 Mar 2021 - Anonymous Employee in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

I enjoy working at The Good Care Group because of the high levels of support and dedication to their employees. Being listened to is really important and it's great to have opportunities to grow. I'm proud to work at The Good Care Group because of the difference they make. I have a high amount of support from my manager and team before and during the pandemic however they really encourage you to look after your own wellbeing. Staff have worked tirelessly throughout these difficult times.

Cons

I can't think of any!

The Good Care Group Response

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review about working with us. We are so pleased to read that you feel well supported in your role. Thank you for everything that you do and for being a part of what makes our care 'outstanding'.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

It's a real pleasure to be a part of a team that genuinely cares and wants to make a difference.

4 Feb 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Milton, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

It's very rewarding to know that you are part of a team making a real difference to others. You can tell that everyone is very passionate about what they do. I have been well supported by my manager, especially throughout the pandemic where there has been a real focus on my wellbeing and if there is any additional support I need. I've also had access to training that has really helped me develop my skills.

Cons

None that I can think of currently

The Good Care Group Response

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences of working with The Good Care Group. We are really pleased to read that you have felt well supported by your manager, especially during the pandemic. Our superpower is our people, without them we would not be able to provide the very best care to our clients. So, thank you for being a part of our team and for everything that you do.

5. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Great company

15 May 2021 - Professional Carer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good support for overseas carers during covid times

Cons

none due to company only covid restrictions

The Good Care Group Response

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and for being a part over the team for over 8 years! This past year has been challenging for many of our Professional Carers, especially those who live overseas. We are pleased to read that you have felt supported throughout the pandemic. Thank you for everything that you do to help care for our clients and to keep them safe and able to continue living in their own homes.

6. 3.0
      Former Employee

The Care Group

11 May 2021 - Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

You can move get a range of tasks to do.

Cons

Undervalued, Overwhelmed, Unsupported, Overlooked and lack of accountability.

The Good Care Group Response

Thank you for your review. We are saddened to read about your experiences in working with us and would welcome the opportunity to understand these further. We are sorry to hear that you did not feel valued for your contribution to our team. Every department from operations through to finance plays an important role in helping us to deliver the very best care to our clients. Whilst it is difficult to know your individual circumstances we encourage all of our team to reach out to their line manager in the first instance if they have any worries or concerns. We do have support systems in place which include regular 1 to 1 meetings with a line manager and an employee assistance programme which everyone can access. It is incredibly important to raise any concerns or worries so that we are able to put steps in place to provide support and avoid anyone feeling overwhelmed. We have a very open and honest culture at The Good Care Group and would welcome further feedback from you so that we can better understand your circumstances. Please do reach out to us.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee

Very good company that I trust.

20 Sep 2020 - Professional Carer in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- company where you can easily find work-life balance - good support from the office, management, scheduling team, IT crew etc. - very good/ the best payment system for carers (you are payed for your experience, for what you bring to the company, development, length of service etc. ) - possibility to develop your knowledge -workshops, refresher courses, excellent training etc. - implementation of new technology to make the paper work easier to do and keep carers well informed - the fact you can feel proud being the part of something that matters, you can see how the company develops and what wonderful change in everyday life we-carers can make for our clients and their families - In many difficult moments (work and life) I could feel that there is somebody who cares for me and tries to help me feel safe and not alone. -It's been my eighth year with The Good Care Group and I am still here!

Cons

- Usually it is not a difficult client who can make you think of changing the job or company, but a bad manager can do it. No cons.

2 people found this review helpful

The Good Care Group

Thank you for being with us for 8 years! We are pleased you feel supported and see the value of how we use technology to improve systems. We are extremely proud of our professional carers and the thoughtful, kind, compassionate and creative ways they make a difference to people's lives every day. Thank you so much for being apart of that and for the journey we have had together.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Live in Care work with TGCG

18 Sep 2020 - Live In Professional Carer in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have worked for TGCG for over 2 years and would recommend working for them to everyone. The company are very supportive, I have had great managers, wonderful colleagues and the office staff are really helpful and throughout my time here when I have needed support both during working hours and out of hours there is a great team of people who are there for me. There is good training and continued personal development and you can work the shift patterns that suit you and gives you a great work life balance. The pay is good and the company pay for all train travel in the UK which is a great help. During the current Pandemic the company have supported carers and clients with email updates and online support, from senior management throughout the company the aim is to support carers and help them to provide the best care possible for clients.

Cons

I have no cons to report, throughout my time with the company I have had a really positive experience and enjoy the job I do.

The Good Care Group

We are thrilled that you feel supported and have great colleagues, and very proud that you have felt supported during some very difficult times during the pandemic. We are incredibly proud of the work professional carers like you do - the care, the consideration and creativity which goes into supporting our clients live their best lives at home must never be underestimated - thank you very much for being part of what makes us an Outstanding live-in care provider.

9. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Good if it's the right fit for you

10 Mar 2021 - Carer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Communication from office teams Salary reviews Training

Cons

Challenging job DAHAs not always correct

The Good Care Group Response

Firstly thank you for being a part of our team for over 3 years! The difference all of our Professional Carers make for their clients is incredible. We are really pleased to read that you feel there is good communication from our office teams and that you have a positive view of our Carer training. We understand that live-in care, like any role, comes with its unique challenges. It is incredibly important to us that our Carers feel well supported and able to access advice when they need it. That's why all of our Carers have a dedicated Care Manager, access to our Carer Services team via phone 24/7, 365 days a year and an employee assistance programme to support employees with any personal problems that might adversely impact their wellbeing, health or their work. Whilst we have robust systems in place to ensure that the care plan is updated regularly, our clients' needs can change all the time. It is important that we all continue to communicate well to ensure that these changes are captured, the care plan is updated and that it reflects how many hours a person is working. If you have not already done so, please do speak to your Care Manager if your client's care plan needs reviewing. We are also in the middle of piloting a new digital process which enables our Professional Carers to comment and make suggestions directly on the care plan via the Carer Community and would love to hear from you if you would like to be involved in the user testing. Thank you once again for being a part of our team and for taking the time to leave your review. We are always looking at ways we can improve and we would encourage you to reach out to us if there was anything additional you wanted to share.

10. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

a good company to work for

23 Mar 2021 - Live In Professional Carer in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

jobs available always and quality communication

Cons

not available at this moment

The Good Care Group Response

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. Communication is so important and we are pleased to read that you feel this is a strength of The Good Care Group and that you would recommend working with us to others. Thank you for being a part of our team and for the difference you make to our clients.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 227 Reviews